West Ham Utd 1-4 Manchester City (29/04/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Re: West Ham United v Manchester City: Match Thread

Post by warp »

cracking game of football!
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

frankiemac wrote: we had options at times...city pressed and closed us all over the pitch...the number of times lanzini tried to take on one man too many and gave the ball away...
I don't think we did.

Arnie had no space, cresswell just sat at left back, Kouyate hid all game, fernandes hit behind kouyate, noble tried but got crowded out. He literally had no options than to try beat a man.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

johnnyb wrote:I was at the match and left on 80 mins. Couldn't take any more. Having watched it again on MOTD, I got even more angry at seeing our players watching City pass through and around them as if they were dustbins.
john

You endured 80 minutes at the bowl...and then watched it on MotD?

Is this some kind of community service?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Billydinho wrote:Mario and Fernandez are the least effective players in our squad.

The fact people clamour to sign Mario baffles me. Other than a foreign name and playing for Inter Milan, what are people seeing?
beaker from the muppets wearing a claret and blue shirt.

the only hope we have of salvaging anything as a team/ club is by staying up this season and hopefully
re grouping and getting 10 + decent players in
Last edited by chigwells finest on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Couldn't sleep for ages last night, was still raging with that spineless performance.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Graza wrote:Did it look a foul on TV? It's not even mentioned in any of the write ups I've seen.
I agree with the others. I only saw it on motd2 but it looked like a very fair shoulder charge by Arnie.
Wouldn't have changed the result, on this occasion.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

It's not the losing that hurts, it's the way that we give up before the game has kicked off and constantly ship bucketfuls in these type of games.

The likes of Bournemouth/WBA/Huddersfield and Newcastle only lost by the odd goal at home to City and Palace managed a draw, so I can't accept that we just keep rolling over so meekly in these games.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

swash wrote:It's not the losing that hurts, it's the way that we give up before the game has kicked off and constantly ship bucketfuls in these type of games.

The likes of Bournemouth/WBA/Huddersfield and Newcastle only lost by the odd goal at home to City and Palace managed a draw, so I can't accept that we just keep rolling over so meekly in these games.
I've actually lost count of the amount of goals City have scored against us in the 5 years or so. :eh:
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Prophet,

Ha ha. Not community service, just a weird desire to check if we looked as bad as I had seen earlier at the game. As I indicated before, I thought we did look even worse on TV.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

BondsoBob wrote:I've actually lost count of the amount of goals City have scored against us in the 5 years or so. :eh:
we had to make them look good after the "come see man city superstars". getting done for false advertising is the last thing we need!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

johnnyb wrote:Prophet,

Ha ha. Not community service, just a weird desire to check if we looked as bad as I had seen earlier at the game. As I indicated before, I thought we did look even worse on TV.
OK. we were losing, but from the sofa, I actually thought the first half was OK.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Watching the game, I was wondering what Stuart Pearce was making of it all, can't imagine he would have tolerated that lack of effort when he was playing.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I do wonder what exactly does Pearce bring to the table.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I do wonder what exactly does Pearce bring to the table.

Me too mate, is he here just because he played for us, on Sullivans request? Although a fantastic player, he didn't cut it as a manager and I'm not sure he has much input with Moyes.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

As much as I like him, Pearce has a poor record as a coach and as a manager and that's why he has a job at West Ham.
Jayhammer

Post by Jayhammer »

Wanted to give myself 24 hours to calm down a bit before I posted, but I hasn’t worked. Yesterday was the first time I have left early.
I was not expecting anything but a loss but bloody put some effort in!
Moyes are you really a Premier League coach? What are you coaching these overpaid gutless players?
We where a disgrace and an embarrassment, and that is down to you and your coaching staff. The only teams that have done anything against Man City are teams that have had a go at them. Don’t all come on and say yeah they have done that to most teams, and League One side and a Championship side gave them a better game than we did.
We are playing 5 at the back to be more solid and we have conceded 67 goals this season just in the league, ITS NOT WORKING!
If we are going to go down please go down fighting and having a go! With some strikers on the pitch,
Rant over.
Carrerageorge

Post by Carrerageorge »

frankiemac wrote:we played the harlem globetrotters yesterday...they literally toyed with us, and be under no illusion, in that last 20 mins, had they needed to score 3 or 4 more, they could have...they had another couple of gears they didnt use

the scoreline and result were expected, but i would have loved to have seen us press them from the off...i dont mind a tonking as long as everyone has put a shift in...my biggest frustration yesterday...yaya toure...he came on with 20 minutes to go...had the freedom of midfield, we never had a player within 5 yards of him, and he pinged it around at will...the stat was that he had more touched than any of our players in that 20 minute period

why there wasnt more fight, i do not know...i remember when i first started going to watch west ham...we had a go at every team who came to the boleyn...there was always a chance of us getting something...we were beaten before a ball was kicked yesterday, and that hurts...
Watching Toure amble around unchallenged was like watching a walking football match.He looked like he had eaten some of their other subs he was so overweight :(
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

Looked like City could score every time they attacked. 4-1 flattered us.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

TBF, City's record against everyone outside the top 3 is

P 31 W 28 D 3 L 0.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I do wonder what exactly does Pearce bring to the table.
Someone had to do bibs and cones after Dicksey left.