Leicester City 0-2 West Ham Utd (05/05/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by chuffster »

This is class! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

aaronhammer wrote: a couple of minutes of post match celebration (mainly chanting for Ginge to get a new contract!)
Heartwarming stuff.

Well in, Ginge.
Singaporeiron

Post by Singaporeiron »

Hammered in Singapore wrote: . Arnie was the talisman once again. The transformation of this player from the beginning of the season has to be noted. To all the Moyes detractors on this board, you have to give credit to him for turning Arnie around. The player is clearly enjoying his football and the team as a whole are benefitting from it.
The fact AC last week walked off when not used, turned up to training got sent home and came off the bench today smiling and giving 100% also shows Moyes handling of situations especially the players is to be applauded too. All too often with other managers, you don't see AC again for the remainder of the season.
The strange decision though was to leave Arnie on when Carrol came on only for him to come off 1 min later, everyone could see the guy was ****ed.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Singaporeiron wrote: The strange decision though was to leave Arnie on when Carrol came on only for him to come off 1 min later, everyone could see the guy was ****ed.
Youre right, that was odd. I can only think making 2 subs right after each other was a time wasting tactic
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 927 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

chuffster wrote:This is class! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha!!! That deserves to be a caption competition ..... Arnie 'What's Sully doing on the pitch?'
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Kouyates reaction to Nobles goal, he had his hands on his head like he couldn't believe what he had just seen..
:D
artlin

Post by artlin »

Lanzini came off for Carroll because he was also knackered. It took a few minutes to get Fernandes ready.

No big deal.

For me it was a good game. ****ting a brick beforehand.

Good start, nice and pacey. Chasing every ball. Well disciplined in defence. Everyone giving it 100%.

Exactly what was needed, well done to the coaching set up and players alike.

A nightmare of a season with injuries, square pegs, too many new faces, manager change, etc.

It's over now. We are safe.

Time to start planning for next season.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Best away of the season.
Sawbo
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Sawbo »

This is a first for me, I'm actually going to praise the ref.
Arnie's booking aside, I thought he was very good. I'm unfamiliar with the name, is Chris Kavanagh a newbie? If so, Madley, Friend etc would do well to take note of how it's done.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

mjustincredible wrote:Anyone remember April 4th 2015??
Well you should do, it was the day West Ham United saved Leicester City from Relegation from the Premier League.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32097799

Leicester would go on to make one of the Greatest escapes in Football history after we turned up at their place and gave them the 3 points they so desperately needed. I remember it well as I was there.

Spurred on by this result they went on a fantastic run and stayed up, the Next season they WON THE LEAGUE! I always remind my good Leicester fan mate of mine of this game and he agreed it changed the course of their history. If they had lost that game (and they nearly did Kouyate hit the post late on when it was still 1-1) they were relegated no doubt.

Leicester, its now your time to Finally Return the Favour, do the Right Thing Leicester, do the right thing!!! :
Cheers Leicester :thup: Favour Returned! COYI
chuffster
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by chuffster »

Anyone see MOTD?Who was commentating?The bell end insisted at first that Arnie had pushed over their defender for the first goal, then, after seeing the reply, said he tripped him!Arnie was facing the other way and the knob defender tripped over himself!
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2782 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Sawbo wrote:This is a first for me, I'm actually going to praise the ref.
Arnie's booking aside, I thought he was very good. I'm unfamiliar with the name, is Chris Kavanagh a newbie? If so, Madley, Friend etc would do well to take note of how it's done.
Cresswell was very lucky to stay on, we would be screaming at the ref if it was the other way round.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2782 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Just seen this in the Leicester paper.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... en-1538283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Hammer.CA wrote:Just seen this in the Leicester paper.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... en-1538283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oooooooooo a "big fight" and some "suggested" it have involved West Ham fans and a "number" of train passengers tweeted..............

Journalists must only learn speculation, assumptions and cut and pasting these days.
Boo Boo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Boo Boo »

Yet again Martin Keown trots out his Arnautovic inconsistency line despite him being one of our most consistent players.

I can only assume that Keown was drafted in as eye candy for the ladies, it can't be for his insight.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Boo Boo wrote:Yet again Martin Keown trots out his Arnautovic inconsistency line despite him being one of our most consistent players.

I can only assume that Keown was drafted in as eye candy for the ladies, it can't be for his insight.
All the pundits are pretty much useless, just cliche after cliche after cliche or miles out of date like all Itlians are good at defending and boring, don't know why anyone listens to them, the European Football show on Sunday night was the best thing on TV, a serious football journalist from every country and was actually insightful, they tipped quite a few players before they got big too.
OFT
Has liked: 2998 likes
Total likes: 1759 likes

Post by OFT »

Hammer.CA wrote:Just seen this in the Leicester paper.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... en-1538283" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Didn't realise Donald Trump wrote for the Leicester Mercury
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4294 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Boo Boo wrote:Yet again Martin Keown trots out his Arnautovic inconsistency line despite him being one of our most consistent players.

Pundits are clueless about a team like ours unless they are one of us. They're only interested in the top 6.
Patito

Post by Patito »

brownout wrote:Best away of the season.
Between Leicester and Huddersfield for me
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Patito wrote:
Between Leicester and Huddersfield for me[/quote]

Our fans at the end of the game tipped it for me - Stoke, Huddersfield & Leicester were all good. Did we win anywhere else in the league?