West Ham Utd 0-0 Manchester Utd (10/05/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Re: West Ham United v Manchester United: Match Thread

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^

chuck in the 43M profit that we posted too.....

where the eff is it all going to ??????

(well we know I was being rhetorical)
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6762 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Weirdly, the game also felt like we were still playing for safety, even though we're already ****ing safe! :lol:
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Shame there was no Carrick cameo for Man United. Would have been nice to give him a couple of minutes against us before he retires.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote:Adrian by far our Man of the Match for keeping us in it and nicking an unlikely clean sheet. Made some quality saves, especially that one with his leg to push Shaws thunder bolt onto the post. Fantastic reaction save after a good one he already just made. And doesn't that just sun up how we play under Moyes, always obsessing about nicking a draw rather than just going more for it.

Arnautovic isolated yet again until he eventually brought Carroll on, then completely overlooks the lad Hugill in an utterly meaningless kickabout effectively in front of your own home fans.

That’s one thing I don’t understand. The Adrian situation. Both Bilic and Moyes leaving him out for periods. Moyes didn’t drop him for long but even so, he dropped him. There has to be something more there, I struggle to believe two managers have overlooked him purely on ability.

I don’t mind Moyes looking for a draw against Man Utd to be honest, I’d rather a dull 1-0 loss than going for it and getting thumped 4-0. And on this occasion, much like against Chelsea x2, Arsenal, and Tottenham it worked.
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Moyes is probably trying to hit his next target that's just been set by the board which is to finish as high up the league as possible for that extra bit of premier league £cashmoney$
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
jackhammer, does the word "irony" mean anything to you... ?
I haven’t made any digs about our general support or our support as a whole, merely individuals, although I’ve hardly done that either.

Yet here you are making a dig at me? Perhaps it is you that should be looking for the irony in situations.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 228 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Moyes’ post match interview was quite telling - talking about the club in a past tense, “They” instead of “we/us”, and a very non commital “Well review at the end of the season” when asked about his future. He’s a goner I’d say.
New Jersey
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by New Jersey »

Thought we did well, Adrian saved us, but the game was played in second gear. If I was a Man Utd fan I'd be embarrassed by not scoring against Brighton and West Ham. Plus, even though they finished second, the gulf in quality, style and football entertainment between Jose's team and Man City is huge (said in Donald Trump's voice). Can't see it changing next season, so I'd be voting Jose out if I was a fan.

Back to us, I saw Moyes interview, he said that he and the owners will talk next week. I get the impression that he will be cut loose. In one way I'd be happy to see a change of manager and style of play, but that would take some investment in new players, and I'm not sure I trust the owners to get the appointment right and open their wallets.

So, maybe we should keep Moyes, which is the safe and cheap choice. I think he'd get us mid-table, but it would be more of the same of what we saw this season.

I'm confused and on the fence, mainly because I worry we'll end up with someone like Alex McLeish.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Jack Hammer

To be perfectly honest, they've both ****ed up the Adrian situation. I can accept him being dropped now and again for a bit of form, but not the constant chopping and changing.

Stick with Adrian and get in a young under study prepared to bide their time the right way. No more of what's happened the past 3 season's, it's getting ridiculous now.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:
jackhammer, does the word "irony" mean anything to you... ?
thejackhammer wrote:
I haven’t made any digs about our general support or our support as a whole, merely individuals, although I’ve hardly done that either.

Yet here you are making a dig at me? Perhaps it is you that should be looking for the irony in situations.
I bolded the line where you claimed that there were stubborn posters on here. But you fail to note that the same thing applies to you.

That's what I meant by irony..fail to see where that's digging you out...please feel free to correct me if I am wrong..
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Colours never run wrote:Jack Hammer

To be perfectly honest, they've both ****ed up the Adrian situation. I can accept him being dropped now and again for a bit of form, but not the constant chopping and changing.

Stick with Adrian and get in a young under study prepared to bide their time the right way. No more of what's happened the past 3 season's, it's getting ridiculous now.
That’s what I mean it’s completelt ridiculous. I don’t think Adrian’s perfect by any means but he’s certainly performed better than Randolph and Hart.

That’s why I think there’s something more. Appearance clauses in his contract maybe?
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Anyone watching the 'Debate'?

Paul Merson saying that if he was thinking of buying WHU season ticket, he would be thinking 'Whats the point?

Also said that we should stick with Moyes & give him a couple of quid to spend this summer.

Craig Bellamy saying that West Ham fans. 'Good Fans'. 8-) Board need to show direction & go with a plan. He said for example if they wanted to buy young players & build a really good side over the next 5 years.

Merson added that all WH fans want to see is 100% commitment. Everything else is a bonus.
Last edited by Cardiff here we come..... on Thu May 10, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spod
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 287 likes

Post by spod »

Most forgettable Man U game ever.
Lock this thread.
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Hart was brought in on loan on big money and was hailed as a big signing by Sullivan...of course he's going to be playing over Adrian in that situation. The fact that he's now been dropped and won't be anywhere near England or Man City next season tells you all you need to know about our transfer policy and our director of football's eye for talent
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Irrons wrote:Hart was brought in on loan on big money and was hailed as a big signing by Sullivan...of course he's going to be playing over Adrian in that situation. The fact that he's now been dropped and won't be anywhere near England or Man City next season tells you all you need to know about our transfer policy and our director of football's eye for talent
So were the managers forced to play Hart?

Shocking if true.
Colours never run

Nah, they've just had a blind spot to the situation. More so under Bilic who used to infuriate me at times going too far with it but the Hart situation just confused the situation further because he's got such a good reputation and the England world cup thing.

Next season, it needs addressing properly like I've suggested because it cannot continue and yes I'd keel el matador in a heart beat. The defence needs to know who to rely on the most and build that trust from pre season. And I reckon he'll stay and Hart will be going back. Just need that new under study unless they want to continue ****ing it up by buying someone like say a Butland to fight him for No 1 spot again..
Colours never run

spod wrote:Most forgettable Man U game ever.
Lock this thread.
It's rare for the fixture to be as dull as this one, usually they're full of action.
hammer1975
Has liked: 978 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I do wish we’d pass the ball in front of people more. The amount of passes we put behind players so that they have to check their run......
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 1301 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Two shots on target and one corner in 90 mins at home.

Meh.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

My feeling that Lanzini is leaving gets stronger by the match. That was little more than jogging today. Conversely, Kouyate battled for long periods, and covered a fair bit of grass. Noble did well. Can't really fault Mario, either.

Not a game I was sorry I missed (by watching on the TV, as opposed to being in the ground).

Can't say I'd savour much more of that lack of support for Arnautovic; there's only so many times he's going to win, keep and create with the ball, if he's always got 2-3 opponents to contend with.

The defence will be pleased with the clean sheet, but that was a boringly hesitant Man United, too.