CCR3: West Ham Utd 8-0 Macclesfield Town (26/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Patito

Re: West Ham United v Macclesfield Town: League Cup Rd 3 (26/9)

Post by Patito »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:When a refreshing idea Macclesfield are paying the game and taking it serious unlike Hammers followers who want to play the kids, If mediocrity is what you desire that's what you'll get and yes Patito Noble included it would be even more mediocre.
It's sad state when fans want to play the kids rather than a strong first team to progress in the cup. What next second string players only against non top 6 teams. In the league and in the cups. Why not have 2 squsads elite players for big games and also rans for the routine?

Not allowed to play the kids, not allowed to play our captain and the most experienced player in the squad, make your mind up.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:All this play the youngsters rubbish. Couple of questions should the youngsters play and we get beat, Is then fair game to give the manager stick? Secondly should we win and draw a top 6 club next round are you going to play the kids them? oh no they can play against the lesser sides but that's as far as it goes.
You enter a competition to win you there fore play your best team, that's what a squad is for a first teamer gets injured he back up in the squad takes over. Strongest team at all times, play to win not to showcase the youngsters.
It's not just about 'playing the kids'. It is about giving players like Adrian, Fredericks, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Perez, Sanchez and Snodgras some game time so they are match-fit and involved.
With all those involved it would still be a very strong side - they've all played in the premiership this season.
Our best younger players are out on loan, but if it means we get a chance to see the odd 'youngster' like Oxford or Silva either start or come on as a sub, then that's a bonus not sign of weakness.
We've got a massive game on Saturday and it makes sense to give people like Rice, Zab, Noble, and even Pedro a break.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town:match thread (26/9)

Post by hammerman11 »

3 games in 6 days means we change the team for the cup.

we need to win it and the players we have will get the job done but zab diop balbuenna noble obiang rice Anderson yarmolenko need to be kept back for utd
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

NW5

totally agree......if players like Cresswell, Fredericks, Snodders, Perez, Oggie, Adrian, Sanchez are unable to beat Macclesfield with their experience AND more importantly get game time and keep them "interested" then I don't know.

How are they to "stake a claim for a first team place" if they can't get game time against lower league opponents ?
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

The club will see the League game as the more important of the two. I know which one of the two they would prefer to win.

As a fan, I see the cup game as far more important. I know which one I would prefer to win.
Patito

Post by Patito »

We have 3 games in 6 days. The manager will see all 3 games as very important and will try and win all 3 of them. We will need to set up differently in all 3 games, we will need a specific game plan for each match, all 3 will differ IMO and we will probably have 3 different starting elevens in those 3 fixtures. This does not mean the manager is deeming any match less/more important than the others, it's just us adjusting our style for each opponent.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

2-2 at FT.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

All this play the kids nonsense is a load of s***e.

Adrian
Ogbonna
Oxford
Cresswell
Fredericks
Sanchez
Rice
Obiang
Yarmolenko
Snodgrass
Hernandez
Last edited by costa75 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Need a bit of advice. Girlfriends work have said we can use their season ticket for tomorrow. Can you even use season tickets for league cup?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

brothernero wrote:The club will see the League game as the more important of the two. I know which one of the two they would prefer to win.

As a fan, I see the cup game as far more important. I know which one I would prefer to win.
Pel will find himself a stronger fanbase if he realises the cups mean sainc to a few of us, or just generally keeps trying to win every game

Sam & Moyes received even less shrift with many because of their cup efforts. Whereas it probably actually kept Avram in a job up until losing to Brum...
e17

Post by e17 »

twixy wrote:Need a bit of advice. Girlfriends work have said we can use their season ticket for tomorrow. Can you even use season tickets for league cup?
No.

Or at least not mine in the cheap seats you can’t, it might be different for hospitality folk tho someone might confirm? Or they’ve paid the extra few quid to take their seat on the season ticket for the cup game

My usual seat had gone before I bought one elsewhere
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

e17 wrote: No.

Or at least not mine in the cheap seats you can’t, it might be different for hospitality folk tho someone might confirm? Or they’ve paid the extra few quid to take their seat on the season ticket for the cup game

My usual seat had gone before I bought one elsewhere
Thanks mate. I think its hospitality, worst case I have to buy one on the door I guess.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

costa75 wrote:All this play the kids nonsense is a load of s***e.

Adrian
Ogbonna
Oxford
Cresswell
Fredericks
Sanchez
Rice
Ogbonna
Yarmolenko
Snodgrass
Hernandez

You’re playing Ogbonna twice, and Oxford, who is a kid...
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

thejackhammer wrote: You’re playing Ogbonna twice, and Oxford, who is a kid...
Thanks JackHammer.......I meant Obiang in midfield. Oxford is a kid, as is Rice, but both have first team experience.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

costa75 wrote:
Thanks JackHammer.......I meant Obiang in midfield. Oxford is a kid, as is Rice, but both have first team experience.
I think that’s all people would like to see. One or two kids, like an Oxford or a Holland, maybe give Snodgrass, Fredericks, Cresswell and Adrian some minutes.

None of us want another Nottingham Forest.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:When a refreshing idea Macclesfield are paying the game and taking it serious unlike Hammers followers who want to play the kids, If mediocrity is what you desire that's what you'll get and yes Patito Noble included it would be even more mediocre.
It's sad state when fans want to play the kids rather than a strong first team to progress in the cup. What next second string players only against non top 6 teams. In the league and in the cups. Why not have 2 squsads elite players for big games and also rans for the routine?
Never let a chance to stick the knife into Noble pass eh? I doubt he will start so you should be pleased
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town: match thread (26/9)

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

think it said Holland and Silva are injured..

Hernandez had glandular fever ??
e17

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town: match thread (26/9)

Post by e17 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:think it said Holland and Silva are injured..

Hernandez had glandular fever ??
Yeah that’s correct on all 3 of those
Graza

Post by Graza »

costa75 wrote:All this play the kids nonsense is a load of s***e.

Adrian
Ogbonna
Oxford
Cresswell
Fredericks
Sanchez
Rice
Obiang
Yarmolenko
Snodgrass
Hernandez
I'd give Yarmalenko the night off, Antonio looks like he needs the minutes more. I also think that maybe Rice or Obiang could be switched out for a kid (though our best ones seem to be out on loan). If Hernandez isn't quite ready let Perez start.

While I get that we want to progress, we need to protect our very best players and also get minutes into the squad for when the first team get injured. Name a strong bench and dig into it if we need to.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

sarge wrote:Off to Exeter for the Checkatrade Trophy u21's tonight, then up bright and early to catch the Rattler for my first visit this season, also first time in the East Stand, Hope it goes better than my last match, Burnley !!
Do you mean you hope this time we do the job proper, do the stewards, burn the place to the ground, hang, draw & quarter the goblins and brady in the centre circle, in readiness for proper owners to build a football stadium, you are out to lunch mate :lol: