CCR3: West Ham Utd 8-0 Macclesfield Town (26/09/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: West Ham United v Macclesfield Town: League Cup Rd 3 (26/9)

Post by aaronhammer »

It isn't what we do but I'm going 4-0 with Snodgrass, Perez (2), and somebody else (maybe Ogbonna).
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

All this play the youngsters rubbish. Couple of questions should the youngsters play and we get beat, Is then fair game to give the manager stick? Secondly should we win and draw a top 6 club next round are you going to play the kids them? oh no they can play against the lesser sides but that's as far as it goes.
You enter a competition to win you there fore play your best team, that's what a squad is for a first teamer gets injured he back up in the squad takes over. Strongest team at all times, play to win not to showcase the youngsters.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Is it definitely paper tickets for STHs? I've still not received anything in the post!
gosling67
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gosling67 »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Is it definitely paper tickets for STHs? I've still not received anything in the post!
Got my paper ticket the day after I bought it. Though I bought BML rather than my normal seat.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes

Post by likemydreams »

sarge wrote:Off to Exeter for the Checkatrade Trophy u21's tonight, then up bright and early to catch the Rattler for my first visit this season, also first time in the East Stand, Hope it goes better than my last match, Burnley !!

Historic Game that :scarfer:
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:All this play the youngsters rubbish. Couple of questions should the youngsters play and we get beat, Is then fair game to give the manager stick? Secondly should we win and draw a top 6 club next round are you going to play the kids them? oh no they can play against the lesser sides but that's as far as it goes.
You enter a competition to win you there fore play your best team, that's what a squad is for a first teamer gets injured he back up in the squad takes over. Strongest team at all times, play to win not to showcase the youngsters.
No one wants a Nottingham Forest. But playing one or two young players to see how they do in the first team doesn’t hurt.

Of Browne or Cullen were with us, both who have shined at league one level, I would play them. Pellegrini should see one or two youngsters who he believes are ready for the first team or a loan to league one or above, players like Oxford, Holland, maybe Makasi.

Other than that starting XI with maybe one or two usual subs. But we have rotated a lot this season anyway.
Belchio

Post by Belchio »

Perhaps Holland may make the bench?
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

gosling67 wrote:Got my paper ticket the day after I bought it. Though I bought BML rather than my normal seat.
Mine is my ST seat, so must be why??
Hindley Hammer
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Hindley Hammer »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Is it definitely paper tickets for STHs? I've still not received anything in the post!

I had mine printed off at the ticket office as I had not received it.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:All this play the youngsters rubbish. Couple of questions should the youngsters play and we get beat, Is then fair game to give the manager stick? Secondly should we win and draw a top 6 club next round are you going to play the kids them? oh no they can play against the lesser sides but that's as far as it goes.

No one is saying play a team of eleven youngsters. It makes sense to rest a handful of players, it's a squad game, our squad is more than capable of beating a League Two side.

As long as Noble is there to guide them there won't be any problems. :wink:
Patito

Post by Patito »

Belchio wrote:Perhaps Holland may make the bench?
Injured apparently.
Exiledin cardiff

Accept mediocracy it's the West Ham way.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Macclesfield have sold over 500 tickets for this. Presumably all in the lower tier like Bolton were last season.
Exiledin cardiff

When a refreshing idea Macclesfield are paying the game and taking it serious unlike Hammers followers who want to play the kids, If mediocrity is what you desire that's what you'll get and yes Patito Noble included it would be even more mediocre.
It's sad state when fans want to play the kids rather than a strong first team to progress in the cup. What next second string players only against non top 6 teams. In the league and in the cups. Why not have 2 squsads elite players for big games and also rans for the routine?
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

Hi mate, I'm in the same boat.

Rang the TO earlier to ask if they could just put it on my season card or send me an e-ticket to print out instead and they said that they are not doing e-tickets or access cards for this game.

They have told me that I need to go to the Ticket Office at the ground with proof of address for them to issue a new ticket.

What a right pain in the backside!
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Row X wrote:
Rang the TO earlier to ask if they could just put it on my season card or send me an e-ticket to print out instead and they said that they are not doing e-tickets or access cards for this game.

What a right pain in the backside!
Not sure what the club are doing with access cards, seems to me that anything out of the ordinary (i.e home league games and claret members buying a full price ticket from the club) and the club will either send out tickets or do print at home ones. I think I've used my claret member card once since we moved, other times I have to either find a printer to use or visit the ticket office as the paper ticket has never arrived.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town:match thread (26/9)

Post by arlhe »

If it's not a league home match I always go to the ticket office. Lucky for me that I can but too many cock ups (not limited to the OS) for ne to trust any other option!
scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by scottyboy71 »

[quote="Hi mate, I'm in the same boat.

They have told me that I need to go to the Ticket Office at the ground with proof of address for them to issue a new ticket.

What a right pain in the backside![/quote]

I got a ticket weeks ago. I am in the home cup ticket scheme though
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:Accept mediocracy it's the West Ham way.

This is the only thing we have a realistic chance of winning, and even that is low

For me I don't care who we are playing. Play a full strength side, get a win, move onto the next round and keep the confidence high. :thup:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Macclesfield Town:match thread (26/9)

Post by Pop Robson »

Had a couple of email from the club today

Experience cup action in style, Corporate packages from £49 + VAT

LAST CHANCE - be there for our cup clash v ,.............