West Ham Utd 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur (20/10/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Tottenham Hotspur: match thread (20/10)

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Yes , Yarmolenko has just gone out injured but sometimes a turnaround in fortune can come from a set back such as this , perhaps Pellegrini will be forced to play Arnautovic as a winger with Antonio or Perez on the right and Hernandez or Carroll up front - stick Anderson behind them and we still have a potent force , all is not lost .
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I haven't really looked at the general opinion on the match but as i went, i honestly thought we didn't deserve anything and we were second to spurs. Not that they were excellent but we were just not good ourselves. It's not enough to nearly be good enough, we were second rate, too much hit and hope and clearances out to the opposition. I will put it partially down to our continued injuries but also just lacking in quality and relying on Arnie too much.

But i am genuinely worried about who we think we can beat because we seem to be not quite good enough against everybody, top, middle or bottom.
Westcliffspur
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Westcliffspur »

kitthehammer wrote:I haven't really looked at the general opinion on the match but as i went, i honestly thought we didn't deserve anything and we were second to spurs. Not that they were excellent but we were just not good ourselves. It's not enough to nearly be good enough, we were second rate, too much hit and hope and clearances out to the opposition. I will put it partially down to our continued injuries but also just lacking in quality and relying on Arnie too much.

But i am genuinely worried about who we think we can beat because we seem to be not quite good enough against everybody, top, middle or bottom.

As a rival supporter, I disagree. I thought we were fortunate to get away with all three points. Hugo was called into action loads in the second half. I would have been pleased with a point in all honesty. I think West Ham have the makings of a decent side.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I think we had two thirds of a good side.

Sp*rs were excelling in breaking from deep but our defense generally snuffed out their final ball. Although not as good our midfield was getting lots of good ball to our wide attackers, and that's where we were lacking the necessary quality.. Very similar to the Brighton game.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'm away this week so didn't catch the game although I did see a picture of us throwing smoke bombs on the pitch and the bubble machine going for a disallowed goal...

Really sums our season up