Leicester City 1-1 West Ham Utd (27/10/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Re: ⚽ Leicester City v West Ham Utd: match thread (27/10)

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view: Leicester City
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132983
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Always fun to see the opposition view. I can assure the fan who said 5 of the offside decisions were definitely wrong, they weren't! Watching on TV there were no contentious offside at all, just poor forward play. The general tone tells it's own story, we played well and deserved the point if not 2 more
continental skills
Has liked: 43 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Graza wrote: Too early to say. He's not adapted to the league yet. You can see he still thinks he'll get to take 3/4 touches before he has to face anyone, he also seems to think it's a non contact sport at times.

When he gets his touches right he shows glimpses of being what we want him to be but it must be said his set pieces, specifically the corners at home against Spurs last week were not good enough.

I reckon that come the end of the season, particularly when he gets to play off Lanzini for a while, he will have settled and start to look the part.

At his price we are well within our rights to want him to fit and play straight away but many players take a season to get settled.
Well said with regard to Anderson. Think there are too many on here willing to write him off after not so many games. There are plenty of examples of players - particularly coming from the Italian league - who need longer to adapt their game to the pace and physicality of the Premier League. Moura at Spurs is a good example - last season he seemed constantly off the pace, this season he's been their best player whenever I've watched them.
All the more remarkable how well and quickly Balbuena and Diop have slotted in.
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

goa127 wrote:Always fun to see the opposition view. I can assure the fan who said 5 of the offside decisions were definitely wrong, they weren't! Watching on TV there were no contentious offside at all, just poor forward play. The general tone tells it's own story, we played well and deserved the point if not 2 more
Yes, it's strange how a lino can be consistently fair when you're playing a team like Leicester, but prone
to making the odd "mistake" against a top-6 team.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

When we were 11 v 11 we bossed Leicester and this is because Pell has coached us to be brave with the ball. With a depleated side too. 8 points is absolutely no reflection on how we are playing this season and apart from our first game vs liverpool I don't think we've been truely dominated by anyone.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

goa127 wrote:Always fun to see the opposition view. I can assure the fan who said 5 of the offside decisions were definitely wrong, they weren't! Watching on TV there were no contentious offside at all, just poor forward play. The general tone tells it's own story, we played well and deserved the point if not 2 more
Yes, he was clearly watching a different game to everyone else, but in the main, they were a pretty reasonable set of comments from their fans - something we don't usually see in the Opp Views.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

DasNutNock wrote: - something we don't usually see in the Opp Views.
Or the comments selected for the Opp View.
Harry Hound
Location: "If you don't know the game, then you're still part of it"
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Harry Hound »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:When we were 11 v 11 we bossed Leicester and this is because Pell has coached us to be brave with the ball. With a depleated side too. 8 points is absolutely no reflection on how we are playing this season and apart from our first game vs liverpool I don't think we've been truely dominated by anyone.
Agree fully with this, we're not getting turned over by anyone, however we're also not having much luck at the moment. I'm sure our luck will change and the major plus point for me was that except for the lucky deflection and the few offside chances and goals we kept them out and defended really well. Rice was clearly man of the match but Fabianski was a close second and all the squad put in a shift including Anderson and even Chicharito. Pellegrini has set us up well and obviously knows what he's doing and with a little more composure from Ogbona (who had plenty of time to take a touch before shooting we could / should have won it. :scarfer:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Not many people are writing Anderson off - however 10 plus games since the season started and about 5+ pre season should see him more consistent and having more of an impact. As a fan of his which you no doubt are, how long should be wait to form an opinion ? Personally I look at each game as is, and rate a player accordingly. This is November, he joined us and started playing middle of July-ish.

You seem to have contradicted yourself in a way c-s - you say how long it takes some to settle in but have cited how well Balbuena and Diop have.

And I beg to differ (imvho) Lucas Moura was playing really well last season, but then again so was Son and therefore he couldn't break in to the starting line up.