CCR4: West Ham Utd 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur (20/10/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Tottenham Hotspur: match thread

Post by Samba »

Quarter-final draw in full:
Arsenal vs Tottenham
Leicester or Southampton vs Man City or Fulham
Middlesbrough vs Burton
Chelsea vs Bournemouth
bowltorious
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by bowltorious »

So frustrating again, we have been the better team in 90% of our games this season but injuries and lack of a clinical finish have killed us. Spurs for exqmple have had about 4 chances over 2 games and scored 4 goals. We played alright tonight but again poor mistakes and not being clinical have hurt us. Special mention for the ref, wtf was he spending two mins talking about on our first goal and then we only got 4 mins injury time when half of that was him on his head set. How the f*** did a spurs player not get booked? How the f*** did VAR not review that blatent penalty? And people still say there isn't bias. Thought the atmosphere sounded good on the stream I was watching as well apart from the last 10 mins.
WTID
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by WTID »

We had chances to at least get a draw and maybe even nick it. But to be honest Antonio not good enough, Hernandez is so slow it’s a joke. Anyone who still rates Adrian above Fabianski need their eyes tested. Diang and Rice didn’t deserve to lose that game.
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Disappointed for sure, but with Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City all still in the competition we were never going to come close to winning it. Bring on Man City (a) in the FA Cup 3rd round.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

The general all round sh*tness of our club is really boring. Goodnight.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Gutted. Fancied us to beat them. Worrying performance and result. A cup we had a realistic chance of doing well in. And we just rolled over and died. Concentrate on the league.....
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

If only.... wrote:Gutted. Fancied us to beat them. Worrying performance and result. A cup we had a realistic chance of doing well in. And we just rolled over and died. Concentrate on the league.....
tbf we didn't roll over and die (based on 2nd half, i didn't see first half but opinion on here seemed to be reasonably positive at half time)

We competed, we attacked and had plenty of the ball in very promising positions, but we were undone by stupid individual errors

Last year against Arsenal we rolled over and died
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

If only.... wrote:Gutted. Fancied us to beat them. Worrying performance and result. A cup we had a realistic chance of doing well in. And we just rolled over and died. Concentrate on the league.....
To be honest the main reason most of us thought we had a chance was that with spuds fixture run we expected their manager to roll out the kids, the ****er didn’t and we were scuppered injury wise. As soon as I saw their lineup I knew they’d f*** us
GreenIron
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Normally I never criticise refs, even when they’ve been a bit crap. I’ve tried it. It’s a tough job. So, that said ...

That was either the most inept or the most corrupt refereeing I’ve ever seen.
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Dunno about that, just thought most of our team were *****
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

We learnt lessons.
Adrian is unreliable
Ogbonna is unreliable
Fredericks has a lot to learn
Diop is great
Arthur is much much better than before
Rice is outstanding
Obiang is not fit
Anderson doesn't have any confidence
Diangana is a very tidy player with pace - great prospect
Perez is a luxury
Antonio is championship - send him back there
Hernandez is a luxury and needs someone alongside
We are not far off, the system is ok and MP makes reasonable decisions.
As we knew - we are still at least five decent players short of a quality squad and we miss our injured players.
BTW when did we last produce a decent striker from our academy?
Rust
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by Rust »

Every time one of our 'fans' runs onto the pitch we concede immediately after. It's unbelievable that people do that, and the security are just as much to blame.

Had we not conceded then, that would've been a very entertaining final 15 minutes.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

For some reason, we seem to come up short at key times during games and in key areas of the pitch. It's like we almost know when the opposition are gonna break us down and score. Tonight, again, was one of those times.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by James P »

Samba wrote:Quarter-final draw in full:
Arsenal vs Tottenham
Leicester or Southampton vs Man City or Fulham
Middlesbrough vs Burton
Chelsea vs Bournemouth
Arsenal’s eighth straight home draw in the competition (excluding two legged semi’s and final)
Graza

Post by Graza »

Chinners92 wrote:Every time one of our 'fans' runs onto the pitch we concede immediately after. It's unbelievable that people do that, and the security are just as much to blame.

Had we not conceded then, that would've been a very entertaining final 15 minutes.
Yup
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Just seen the highlights on Quest channel 144 and it looks like we actually dominated the game with lots of dangerous opportunities and half-chances, but their young centre-half got his foot in at the just the right moments. On another day we could have got a hatful but poor defending from Ogbonna for 2 goals and 1 from Arthur is inexcusable at this level. Ogbonna seems to have got worse than last season while Arthur always prone to brainless decision making. To be honest , Spuds had about 3 chances and took all of them clinically. One positive is that Antonio seems to have got his speed back and didn't look knackered after 15 mins.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Ah never mind.

Play well and concede a lucky goal appears to be the order of the season. Injuries and Nobles suspension killed us. Worrying that Snodgrass did more than Anderson.

We only seem to beat them when it means something to them so bring on the FA cup final.
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

Just got back from the game. Not really sure what to say. We gifted them the game with sloppy defending.

The first half we we're pretty poor. We we're getting completely out run in the midfield. Playing with a 2 doesn't work, unless you have a Kante or Parker in one of the positions. Anderson seemed to think he was Ozil today. No effort to help the midfield in defensive areas, hardly trying to win the ball back. He was rightly subbed off. The more I watch him, the more he reminds me of Savio Nsereko.

Hernandez offered nothing again. He's had enough chances now. He had one sniff at goal first half and went for a cross.

Snodgrass done well when he came on, put in a proper shift again. Rice was outstanding for us all game, by far the man of the match.

Masuaku made quite a number of mistakes for me. Quite a few times he could have cut out the ball & just, well, didn't do it. Masuaku is no where near good enough to play left back. Don't get me wrong, neither is Cresswell. I said all summer we needed a left back.

The pitch invasions we're an absolute joke. It seems that since the Burnley game last year, the stewarding has slowly died down & these kind of invasions we're inevitable. Whoever the guy was who ran on just before the 3rd goal shout be shot.

Antonio tried but was frustrating. He needs to get his head down and work harder.

Some may slate me for this, but I felt we desperately missed Noble in midfield today. We lacked bite in the middle (although Rice did well). Some may call it negative but you need that battling in midfield & quite simply, sometimes you have just have to foul people. 90 minutes, 7 fouls committed, 0 cards, 3 goals conceded.

The toilet bowl is starting to become a bit of a dump now as well. Graffiti in the toilets, 1 bog in the bobby Moore lower which has been over-flowing since the Chelsea game, no card machines, bird **** over my mates seat for 3 years, pitch invasions and so on. Can't see any major events wanting to host events when the place is looking like a skip. Although the place seems to be slowly being destroyed naturally, which is quite a nice feeling!
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Chinners92 wrote:Every time one of our 'fans' runs onto the pitch we concede immediately after. It's unbelievable that people do that, and the security are just as much to blame.

Shows how inept the stewards are that these idiots can get onto the pitch, I don’t include the pitch invaders against Burnley as idiots btw just the pricks that done it tonight.
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by fester »

We were 2nd best, but I enjoyed the game.

We really missed Balbuena, Zabaleta and Fabianski. Juan Foyth for them, looked a diamond. Son double is predictable. Our bogie player.

Anyone who cannot see the Carabao Cup is corrupt from the draws through to pre-decided results is blinkered. We were 2nd best but the officials tried everything to make sure we didn't get lucky. I could see absolutely nothing suspect with our goal, but they spent more time trying to disallow that than even thinking about a possible penalty. Snidey pull backs and fouls missed all game. we always seem to get penalized for extremely similar actions. Is it because we go down too easy?

On another note Antonio has been roundly criticised. I have been sickened by how crap he has turned out, but have seen an upturn in form recently, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I actually think he ws fouled a lot today, stayed on his feet, beat his man/men - then lost the ball! No advantage (not criticising the ref or Antonio, just tough luck).

I cannot see why people big up Anderson. Hope he is just bedding-in, but I would much rather see Snodgrass in the team.