West Ham Utd 3-2 Crystal Palace (08/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Voronin

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Crystal Palace: match thread

Post by Voronin »

Keep rotating:

——————Fab
Zaba——Oggy—Diop—-Cresswell
————-Rice——Noble
Antonio————————Anderson
———-Lucas——Carroll

Subs: Chica, Snodgrass, Wilshire, Obiang, Balbuena, Masuaku
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

will be a tough match following their defeat last night. hopefully we can keep the run going. a really important match for us to show where we are going. win this and we will be entering top 10 .

arnie being out is a huge miss for us as he is crucial for how we play.Time for others to step up now.

fab
zab diop balbuena cresswell
snodgrass noble rice
antonio hernandez anderson

subs adrian ogbonna masuaka obiang carroll perez diagana

will be interesting to see if kouyate is as lazy for them as he was us ! need to watch him at corners etc.

2-0 hammers anderson and hernandez to keep the run going.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Voronin wrote:Keep rotating:

——————Fab
Zaba——Oggy—Diop—-Cresswell
————-Rice——Noble
Antonio————————Anderson
———-Lucas——Carroll

Subs: Chica, Snodgrass, Wilshire, Obiang, Balbuena, Masuaku
You can rotate but it has to be logical.
Antonio played well at right back last night, but hasnt been very good in right midfield this season. Carroll looked pretty rubbish and almost certainly isn’t ready to start. Balbuena should return. Hernandez still looked sharp and was rested for the last half hour. We also scored all our goals with those two on the pitch up front together.

If anyone gets a start who hasn’t recently it’s Diangana. Still, I’d keep him as an impact sub for now.

I’d go:

——————Fab
-Zab——Balbuena—Diop—-Cresswell
————-Rice——Noble
-Snodgrass———————Anderson
———--Perez——Hernandez
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 525 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

dodger wrote: If anyone gets a start who hasn’t recently it’s Diangana. Still, I’d keep him as an impact sub for now.

I’d go:

——————Fab
-Zab——Balbuena—Diop—-Cresswell
————-Rice——Noble
-Snodgrass———————Anderson
———--Perez——Hernandez
Is probably the right answer.

I'd also be happy with Snodgrass dropping in with Rice and Noble, with Diangana and Anderson around Hernandez. But it would be quite harsh to drop Perez off the back of two goals.
Patito

Post by Patito »

dodger :thup:

What's the latest on Cresswell?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Is probably the right answer.

I'd also be happy with Snodgrass dropping in with Rice and Noble, with Diangana and Anderson around Hernandez. But it would be quite harsh to drop Perez off the back of two goals.
I think we should stick with two up top to begin with, it's done us well over the last two games.

Nice to have options, to enable us to switch thing up, Diangana from the bench is a great weapon to have.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Up the Junction wrote: Entrails, huh? I know what you lot get up to up there. I've seen the Wicker Man.
Not the Nicolas Cage version I hope :D
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

7-1
sutts07
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Up the Junction wrote:So, the last time we won three PL games in a row was..?
brothernero wrote: Posted this in the Cardiff match thread, hope it's o'k to repeat here in answer to your question.
You missed the most recent in 2016.17, the season before last... (we didn't put any back to back wins together last season at all...!)

Dec 2016
Burnley H 1-0
Hull H 1-0
Swansea A 4-1 on boxing day!

Last time we put four Premier League wins together in a row was the 13/14 season...

Feb 2014
Swansea H 2-0
Villa A 2-0
Norwich H 2-0
Southampton H 3-1

For five wins in a row (getting way too far ahead of ourselves...) you have to go back to our Championship season 11/12 and include the play off semi finals and final.

And if you go all the way back to the 05/06 season we racked up an impressive seven in a row which included five Premiership games and two FA Cup games (some of you may recall the final that year, some of you may have wiped it from your memory!).

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.s ... bs=results
Last edited by sutts07 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Sneddon
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Nick Sneddon »

hammerman11 wrote:will be a tough match following their defeat last night.
for them
sutts07
Total likes: 547 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I'd bring Zabaleta back in as we will need his experience and guile to stand up to Zaha who I see won another pen last night. That really is his sole aim in a game, run at a full back and trip over their leg if it is offered.

Hopefully Balbuena is back too for the added experience in dealing with the little s**t.

Other than that, it will be tough to justify any major changes. The shape is working (they will most likely go with a 442 also), the players are buzzing and the chances are flowing.

We need to start fast and get them on the back foot. We can't be as careless as we were against Cardiff (throwing everyone forward) as they can hit us on the break with the pace of Zaha and Townsend but we can afford to get at them from the start.

If Arnautovic is out then it has to be Hernandez and Perez really.

Tough call between Antonio and Snodgrass for the place on the right. Both had good games against Cardiff.
Patito

Post by Patito »

sutts07 wrote:I'd bring Zabaleta back in as we will need his experience and guile to stand up to Zaha who I see won another pen last night.

I reckon he was rested last night for that exact reason.
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

Squad is still holding up pretty well given as of this morning the injured list contains Arnautovic, Wilshere, Yarmolenko, Cresswell, Fredericks, Lanzini, Sanchez and Reid (and Balbuena was only half fit). Rather than instant league placing improvements, that's what £100m has bought us – the type of leeway we haven't had in donkeys.

The negative is we've barely started the run of games that inevitably adds to that list, so the margin for keeping performances largely unaffected is pretty thin.
Aceface
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

sutts07 wrote:I'd bring Zabaleta back in as we will need his experience and guile to stand up to Zaha who I see won another pen last night. That really is his sole aim in a game, run at a full back and trip over their leg if it is offered.

Hopefully Balbuena is back too for the added experience in dealing with the little s**t.
They're not the most disciplined frontline – given the high line we're using at the minute I expect we'll see a mad number of offside flags against Zaha and Townsend.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Samba wrote:Is it too much to hope for 3 wins on the trot?
I hope not. 21 points by early December would be very welcome.
In TOMoS we trust..
Very kind of you , Samba :thup:

I think we've more than a good chance of winning our next 6 games , mate which would set us up nicely before the likes of Arsenal , Liverpool and Manchester City come along . Hopefully Arnautovic going down injured last night won't have affected that prediction any as we have able deputies in both Perez and Antonio to fill in if needed . Watford and Brighton will test us but winning breeds confidence and we seem to have that in buckets just now .

Crystal Palace have Won 1 , Drawn 2 and Lost 3 of their last 6 games . They held both Manchester United and Arsenal to a draw and their only victories this season have come against Fulham , Huddersfield and Burnley .

I try to be realistic in my predicting and I would never underestimate any Premier League outfit but we're a team in form and I think we'll win by two clear goals .

Just read that through and I apologise if it came across as arrogant twaddle ! :lol:
Last edited by The Old Man of Storr on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Don't we need some hitherto completely useless individual to play and score two goals? Masuaku anybody?
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Claret&Blue,Thru& wrote:Don't we need some hitherto completely useless individual to play and score two goals? Masuaku anybody?

Perez - Antonio or even Carroll , they all fit the bit , sort of .
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Fabianski
Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Masuaku
Antonio Rice Snodgrass Anderson
Perez Chicharito

Subs: Adrian, Cresswell(?), Ogbonna, Noble, Obiang, Grady, Carroll

Zabaleta back in. Ogbonna unlucky to miss out but we need more concentration at the back against Palace. Toss up between Noble & Snodgrass but Snoddy just gets the nod for me. Antonio and Perez given the chance to push on after their goals last night.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

unless he's being rested, the skipper didn't do anything last night to be dropped for...

held the team together at a time when we were wobbling....played a nice turn and a brilliant through ball for Masuaku to play that touch pass to Perez for the second..

if he isn't knackered, he stays in the side..Antonio who has had 2 decent games gets the nod after another pretty bleak season over Noble ?

not for me...

Oggie ? did enough but the partnership has to stay, you don't lose your place through injury...

Could move Antonio up top in place of Perez who other than last night has contributed the sum total of naff all..

Fab
Zaba-Balbuena-Diopp-Arthur
Rice
Noble-Snodders
Anderson
Antonio-Chichartio

subs: Adrian etc etc etc...........
Patito

Post by Patito »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Just read that through and I apologise if it came across as arrogant twaddle ! :lol:

It doesn't at all, TOMoS and I agree with all of it. :thup: