Fulham 0-2 West Ham Utd (15/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Re: ⚽ Fulham v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Korea Hammer »

Cairney and Mitrovic got taken off at HT yesterday, after a performance he describes as ' lambs against wolves'. I wonder if they'll start against us. He's not exactly consistent but something about Mitrovic makes me a bit worried for our defenders.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I've watched Fulham play a couple of times this season and you really do have to think they shouldn't be down the bottom with that squad of theirs - Mitrovic especially has looked excellent this season , Schurrle too has popped up with a few crucial goals , they also have Kamara who looks a handful , with Cairney and Sessegnon to back them up where have they been going wrong ?
Their last 6 games have seen them Win - 1 [ Southampton 3-2 ] , Draw - 1 [ Leicester 1-1 ] and Lose - 4 [ Man Utd , Chelsea , Liverpool , Huddersfield ] . Their only wins this season have come against Burnley and Southampton but to be fair they've played everyone in the Top 7 bar Chelsea .

I don't think they're a bad side at all and they were managed by Slavisa Jokanovic who many were tipping to be West Ham's next manager until Manuel Pellegrini came along , personally I think the Serbian should have been given more time but the Premiership is an unforgiving place .

We on the other hand are in the sort of form which we normally reserve for our end of season relegation fight so how wonderful to see it happen mid-season .

Our last 6 games have seen us Win - 4 , Draw 1 and Lose 1 , Champions League stuff . :)

The game has ' Score Draw ' written all over it but Manuel Pellegrini doesn't know the meaning of ' Shiqu ' and neither did I until I looked it up [ it's Chinese for losing for all you lazy bastards ] and we'll still be trying to score up until the 95th minute . The Pellegrini Revolution is gathering pace and even Gary Lineker is forced to take notice .

Fulham 2 West Ham United 5

Stick that one on your Match Of The Day , BBC and Sky .
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

-DL- wrote:
Come on you rip roaring, goal scoring IRONS!!!
DL.....Are you the guy that used to sit in (i think it was the upper West) at the BG & stand up & shout this, keeping a straight face?
Patito

Post by Patito »

TOMoS, brilliant. :thup:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Got to keep the points rolling in.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

I was a bit worried playing Palace straight after their shocking midweek performance and subsequent rollicking from Hodgson. It usually results in a reaction (which to a degree I think Palace gave) and with our injuries, particularly Arnie being out, I was half expecting us to lose and would have been happy with a point, particularly at half time.

This again is a similar situation, Fulham with no fight or spirit against the Uniteds of Manchester, again, the team being called out by their manager and us up next with which to deliver a reaction against.

Old West Ham would lose this at a whimper with us wondering why we didn't turn up with Fulham kicking and fighting for everything. Is this the new West Ham however under Pellars?

Can't wait to find out!

COME ON YOU IRONS :crest:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

-DL- wrote:Come on you rip roaring, goal scoring IRONS!!!
Heysel76 wrote: DL.....Are you the guy that used to sit in (i think it was the upper West) at the BG & stand up & shout this, keeping a straight face?
I may have shouted it a few times, especially with a straight face as I'm generally a miserable looking ****, but no, in that location, in the words of Shaggy, it wasn't me.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Carroll to start this one?

Those images of Perez’s foot today don’t look too clever.
Patito

Post by Patito »

steps wrote: Those images of Perez’s foot today don’t look too clever.

The ball will go through his foot when he tries to control it.
NW5hammer

Post by NW5hammer »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I've watched Fulham play a couple of times this season and you really do have to think they shouldn't be down the bottom with that squad of theirs - Mitrovic especially has looked excellent this season , Schurrle too has popped up with a few crucial goals , they also have Kamara who looks a handful , with Cairney and Sessegnon to back them up where have they been going wrong ?
Their last 6 games have seen them Win - 1 [ Southampton 3-2 ] , Draw - 1 [ Leicester 1-1 ] and Lose - 4 [ Man Utd , Chelsea , Liverpool , Huddersfield ] . Their only wins this season have come against Burnley and Southampton but to be fair they've played everyone in the Top 7 bar Chelsea .

I don't think they're a bad side at all and they were managed by Slavisa Jokanovic who many were tipping to be West Ham's next manager until Manuel Pellegrini came along , personally I think the Serbian should have been given more time but the Premiership is an unforgiving place .
I agree - it's odd that they have been so poor - I thought Seri looked very good. Their home form is not bad - they've only lost one game (Bournemouth) at home against a team outside the top 6. The way we let teams play and hope to outscore them should allow them to play their natural passing game. I hope we get at them and don't let them settle.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

I agree with the sentiment here and thought Fulham would adapt well this year and finish comfortably mid table with the money they spent against some of the dross in the Prem.

With hindsight their biggest problem has been the defenders they have brought in, and it doesn't matter how much attacking flair you have, if you cant defend in the prem you're screwed.

Mawson was a dodged bullet and is looking down successive relegations.

-24 goal difference and 40 goals conceded tells you everything. Average 2.5 goals conceded per game!

Go for the throat, play Carroll and another 3+ goals hopefully.

BtB
mickeymacavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by mickeymacavennie »

You ALL know what happens when we start to look upwards...

We've already got a SIXTH place thread for crying out loud :lol:

1-0 to Fulham. Wanted 13 points from the next six matches (inc. Palace). 4W, 1D, 1L.

Still think we'll get 'em.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

I expect us to win but I think we've started going backwards defensively in recent games and we are going to get caught out soonish.

Cardiff and Palace are bottom 6 material yet they scored three and missed a penalty. It's all a bit Slaven when it was getting overlooked.

Kamara has scored two games running for Fulham so is likely to start.
arlhe
Has liked: 235 likes
Total likes: 178 likes

Post by arlhe »

Based on Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Palace... A slow start, 1-0 down at half time and then it depends on how we start the second half.

1-1
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

The good thing is I believe teams will start to fear us now and be taking notice of what we can do forcing them to be wary of trying to play their own games and attack us. Another goal each for Anderson and Hernandez and Carroll to bag one also.

Fulham 1-3 West Ham
Samba
Has liked: 2482 likes
Total likes: 894 likes

Post by Samba »

bubbles1966 wrote:I expect us to win but I think we've started going backwards defensively in recent games and we are going to get caught out soonish.
Cardiff and Palace are bottom 6 material yet they scored three and missed a penalty. It's all a bit Slaven when it was getting overlooked.
I'm enjoying our form as much as anyone but bubbs makes a good point.
Yes, we've scored 3x3, but goals against have been 0, 1, 2, getting worse each game.
I would hate Fulham to get 3 on Saturday..unless we get 4, of course..
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Fulham are a team low on confidence, and what little lift they may have gotten from changing managers is probably fading now. That being said they are dangerous going forward and Mitrovic will be a threat wether he starts or comes off the bench.
Hopefully we will have Creswell back and the full week between matches will help us get a bit of a recharge as we looked a bit leggy towards the end of the Palace match after 3 in a week.
Neither Christie nor Odoi have been solid so Anderson should have them quaking in their boots.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

bubbles1966 wrote:I expect us to win but I think we've started going backwards defensively in recent games and we are going to get caught out soonish.

Coincided with going to 4-4-2.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

carnage wrote:Coincided with going to 4-4-2.
Indeed, along with nobody attacking the ball when defending corners, and defenders not marking properly when the opposition take a short corner .....

The formation does have something to do with it but my impression is we are disorganised at the back, especially defending set pieces.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

carnage wrote:
Coincided with going to 4-4-2.
Compared to all those clean sheets were keeping with a 4-3-3? We’ve scored 9 goals going to a 4-4-2.

We conceded from 2 set pieces against Crystal Palace. That’s as TPP says concentration and organisation at the back. It’s something we need to focus on with the danger you will get from Mitrovic in the air. We conceded one against Burnley like that for the same reason. That’s what needs sorting, not a change of formation.