Yeovil 2 West Ham Utd 2 (23/07/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

A New Hope wrote: How many of that team will be in our starting XI then?

Players who won't get in your starting line up, usually play in the reserves.
Not really, these were first team squad players. Only a few of whom would be in hte ressies team. Half wd be on the bench
Last edited by upton o'good on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

upton o'good wrote: Not really, these were first team squad players. Only a few of whom would be in hte ressies team
I can´t agree there, There were´nt many in the starting line up for this match that´ll start against Blackburn IMHO, maybe 2-3 at most. But yes a few will be on the bench.
Westgrove

Post by Westgrove »

A wap bam Boogers wrote: He seemed a bit more interested than Zamora but didn't really get a sniff of the ball. Showed some poachers class for his goal (I think it was him that scored, big blonde b*stard? there were no names on backs) but it has to be said that Yeovil defended well, even after all their team were replaced. I don't think you could make a decision on that game alone.
I'd agree with all that. I'm sure AP has seen enough of Mikolanda by now to make a decision, but based purely on today, he doesn't look much more than a willing workhorse to me - like a man playing for a contract really. As opposed to Bobby who just looked thoroughly pissed off being a part of the Second XI.

Yeah the Yeovil report was sarcastic (and very biased), but it was generally accurate, Yeovil were the better team and (their) Super Gav was probably our best player. Collins got through a fair bit of work and looked quite solid, other than that nothing much to note in our side. But, as has been said (several times) this was most definitely the second string. Just hope our Prem starters stay fit as cover looks a bit thin.

Took my boy to his first game today - Sorry son :oops: :wink:
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

Pardew out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yabush

Post by yabush »

how tall is Mikolanda?

mickheyburn

Post by mickheyburn »

not much taller than a football, going by that photo
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

mickheyburn wrote:not much taller than a football, going by that photo
Mikolanda was quite strong and held the ball up well , I suspect Pardew has already made up his mind and I believe it will be a no.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

First off, nice to meet some of the people of here, DMU66, Cockney Farmer, Ghinzani and a few others who i have forgotton :oops:

Must say it was a poor performance but Yeovil did oplay very well an deserve all he credit they got, they closed us down everytime we got on the ball and we were forced to play backwards.

Atleast we took away a draw, even if it took the crowd 10 / 15 seconds for our crowd to realise we scored.

Also fair play to the Yeovil Manager for giving me and my old man a lift to the arrow pub after we got lost somewhere.

To cut a long story short we got lost, saw a car coming asked him where the pub was he said to get in and gave us a lift then once in the car ealised who he was, he was a nice bloke.

And im not sure if it was mentioned but Gary Johnson said Pardew wasn't there yesterday as he was out on a scouting mission but im sure most people could guess that.

Anyway, hope to see some more kumbers at Palace / Den Haag.
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

Also i have some pictures of the game and will get them up once i get home.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

I love the way we all **** off Zamora after one game at Yeovil with a weakend 11!! You lot do make me laugh! Without his goals we would still be in the Championship.

This is what Pre-season games are all about missing chances and getting fit again. You cant expect them to be world class this early in the season. Some of you have been very harsh about the side without really taking the fact that its a Friendly into mind

I expect if Pardew wasnt there he was in negotiations somewhere......
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Gabers wrote:I love the way we all **** off Zamora after one game at Yeovil with a weakend 11!! You lot do make me laugh! Without his goals we would still be in the Championship.

This is what Pre-season games are all about missing chances and getting fit again. You cant expect them to be world class this early in the season. Some of you have been very harsh about the side without really taking the fact that its a Friendly into mind

I expect if Pardew wasnt there he was in negotiations somewhere......
Equally you could say we wouldnt be in the prem if it wasnt for Bywaters free kick save in the final yet his performance yesterday was dodgy to say the least , I for one am grateful for both their contributions in the final just making a point that we have stepped up and it is clear some players will not be able to do that .
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

cockney farmer wrote: Equally you could say we wouldnt be in the prem if it wasnt for Bywaters free kick save in the final yet his performance yesterday was dodgy to say the least , I for one am grateful for both their contributions in the final just making a point that we have stepped up and it is clear some players will not be able to do that .
Its Hardly clear from one game that you have witnessed mate. Im not knocking your football knowledge but how anyone can make that statement after one game is beyong me
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

One game , so the fact Z was 3rd placed striker and warmed the bench for the large part of last season in the championship( to a 40 year old ) has gone unnoticed then.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

yabush wrote:how tall is Mikolanda?

looks like son of dowie :twisted:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

cockney hammer wrote:
looks like son of dowie :twisted:
No he doesn't
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

bluebutterfly wrote: No he doesn't
oh yes he does :wink:
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

cockney hammer wrote: oh yes he does :wink:
oh no he doesn't, hes not bad looking :wink:
k-r-c

Post by k-r-c »

Gabers wrote: Its Hardly clear from one game that you have witnessed mate. Im not knocking your football knowledge but how anyone can make that statement after one game is beyong me
Gabers did you go yesterday?

I went to all bar 5 games last season, so have seen Zamora many times, he is definately a confidence.

But yesterday conbfidence or no confidence he wasnt by far good enough to be pushing for a place in the first team, many times in yestedays game he made mistakes or his shots were going all over the place.

I admit we cant judge him on one game but i saw this alot last year and believe he is more than likely to have a poor game than a good game.

I look forward to seeing Palace and Den Haag and see how our players perform and most notebly see How zamora i performing against weaker teams than premiership standard.