1860 Munich 1 West Ham Utd 1 (27/07/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Celtic 4-0 DOWN! :lol: :lol: :lol:
kenthammer
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by kenthammer »

:doff: to the boys and girls who travelled tonite
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

Ouch, the bhoys taking a shoeing.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Strachan OUT !
milhouse_van_houten

Post by milhouse_van_houten »

1-1 full time

harewood header first half should of one by three or four
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Crap second half! Benayoun mentioned once. Only had 10 minutes or so.
SL

Post by SL »

Go out and get that striker Pards.
Wiltshire Ham err...
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Wiltshire Ham err... »

So maybe another left-back seems less important now than a right back?
kenthammer
Has liked: 251 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by kenthammer »

OsloHammer wrote:Ouch, the bhoys taking a shoeing.
Celtic-premier league yer havin a larf :lol:
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

kenthammer wrote::doff: to the boys and girls who travelled tonite
I would like to second that comment :doff:
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Just got in, game ok?
highbury hammer
Location: Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico (5000 miles from the library)
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by highbury hammer »

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... 3601&cdi=0
I wonder if the badge came off :?

(Caption is wrong, btw :roll: )
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 156 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Yeah that is Gabbidon not NRC!!!
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

window74 wrote: I would like to second that comment :doff:
can i third it
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote: Hm...surprise surprise
Yep, the same "surprise, surprise" Mullins who was one of the influentual players that got us promoted at the back end of last season, once he was playing in his 'orthodox' position.

Whether some of you lot like to hear it or not!

:roll:

Fwiw, how many games has he played in during this pre-season and lost in? He must be doing something right, one of our most under-rated players in the squad in my opinion. Still take some two-bit common potatoes word for it that he's 'playing poor'. :lol:
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Stevo wrote: Yep, the same "surprise, surprise" Mullins who was one of the influentual players that got us promoted at the back end of last season, once he was playing in his 'orthodox' position.

Whether some of you lot like to hear it or not!

:roll:

Fwiw, how many games has he played in during this pre-season and lost in? He must be doing something right, one of our most under-rated players in the squad in my opinion. Still take some two-bit common potatoes word for it that he's 'playing poor'. :lol:
For 2 thirds of last season he was our worst player. For the other third he was ok, but to say he was one of our 'influential players that got us promoted' i think is far-fetched in the extreme. Did he block a header off the line in the final like Newton? Score 3 goals in the play-offs like Zamora? Score 20 in the season like Harewood or Sheringham? Have countless assists like Matty, provide us with our first solid centre back pairing like Ward and Anton, be as consistent as Repka, make crucial saves like Walker or captain us to promotion like Reo-Coker? No, he did as well IMO as Lomas and Fletcher had done in that position.
Also, you're talking about Mullins pre-season record!? :shock: Please tell me there is some secret relevance there you're not telling me about.
I have always been known to slag off Mullins so you may just think i do it out of habit now...but from his first action as a West Ham player, slipping allowing Andy Reid to score for Forest on Mullins' debut, he's done more harm than good IMHO.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote: For 2 thirds of last season he was our worst player.

And for 2 thirds he was playing out of his favoured position for the sake of the team.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote: Also, you're talking about Mullins pre-season record!? :shock: Please tell me there is some secret relevance there you're not telling me about.

I only mention it because you and Harv giving it the "oh surprise. surprise" ***** as per. So I felt the need to mention how he's been part of a team that hasn't lost a game. So how's he playing so "poorly" to justify such worn out tripe about his game??
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote: but to say he was one of our 'influential players that got us promoted' i think is far-fetched in the extreme. Did he block a header off the line in the final like Newton? Score 3 goals in the play-offs like Zamora? Score 20 in the season like Harewood or Sheringham? Have countless assists like Matty, provide us with our first solid centre back pairing like Ward and Anton, be as consistent as Repka, make crucial saves like Walker or captain us to promotion like Reo-Coker? No, he did as well IMO as Lomas and Fletcher had done in that position.

I have always been known to slag off Mullins so you may just think i do it out of habit now...but from his first action as a West Ham player, slipping allowing Andy Reid to score for Forest on Mullins' debut, he's done more harm than good IMHO.
lol, yeh you're right. He just doesn't do enough does he? Sometimes he lets me down from not preventing a save, or not scoring more goals. :lol: You obviously measure a player on different qualties than I do fella. On his position, he offers team stability, discipline, energy, hunger, composure, which has seen a middle partnership along side Reo-Coker flourish from strength to strength since they were paired together. How many goals, saves, goal line clearances has Reo-Cocker made if that's your basis on digging Mullins out nearly, NO, everytime???

And your last paragraph, first impressions count that much to you, eh? Sounds more like blinded ignorance to me in all honesty. Mud sticks with you, fair play Hammer, but I judge a player a little more fairly in my opinion than that. And he WAS one of our most influential players during our last couple of months stint in his preferred position.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Stevo wrote:

And your last paragraph, first impressions count that much to you, eh? Sounds more like blinded ignorance to me in all honesty. Mud sticks with you, fair play Hammer, but I judge a player a little more fairly in my opinion than that. And he WAS one of our most influential players during our last couple of months stint in his preferred position.
Did i say his slip vs forest was the reason i don't rate him? Certainly not. I, unlike a lot on here, have been able to forgive Repka for his disasters in our relegation season and accept how consistently good he's been over the last couple of seasons. Mullins on the other hand, never gave me an opportunity for forgiveness. Mullins' slip vs Forest was simply an example of one of his many failures, the fact it came in his opening match for us just underlines the fact he's been poor at West Ham since his very first game. The occasional solid performance fails to redeem him. A good SEASON and i may re-consider, but i reckon he'll be ripped apart in the premiership.