1860 Munich 1 West Ham Utd 1 (27/07/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

I just had a thought Dodge, come to think of it, Vieira doesn't get many goals or make too many saves either. ****ing disgrace to the midfield profession if you ask me. :wink:
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Stevo wrote:I just had a thought Dodge, come to think of it, Vieira doesn't get many goals or make too many saves either. f*cking disgrace to the midfield profession if you ask me. :wink:
Scores more than Mullins, and has captained his team to a few trophies too ain't he? :roll:
Also wins more tackles, completes more passes and sets up far more goals, things i do incidently value in a player, even though your cynisism would suggest otherwise :wink:
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Just remember my main argument to all this, is the fact he is always being constantly dug out when there is no need, especially when he does contribute to the team. The way he performed back end of last season proved he did something right. Once FINALLY playing in his proper position. It's like judging Harewood as a decent winger when he wasn't a decent winger at all, or Pearce as a bad player when he was once playing up front for the good of the team. I admire players though, for trying no matter what's asked of them in the framework of a team. I'm just a purist at heart. :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Going back to the game...

Decent result 1-1, got to be happy with that.
Sounded like Gabbidon was fantastic so that was promosing.
Yossi got some game time which can only help. I hope he gets the full 90 minutes against Palace on Saturday. Good pre-season so far hope it continues with the good quality striker we need coming in soon and win on Saturday.
Quest

Post by Quest »

Where did Gab play anyone know ? CB?
milhouse_van_houten

Post by milhouse_van_houten »

Quest wrote:Where did Gab play anyone know ? CB?
played at CB with Anton which he did very well at.

Will 100% to be in the first team for the blackburn game!!!
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

I'll stop jousting with stevo on Mullins AKA That **** player in the middle :P to paste the link to the translated version of TSV 1860 Munich's report on the match. Sounds slightly bias, but the attendance of 18,790 shows there was slightly more interest from the locals than their recent match against Blackburn, which attracted 1500 :lol:

http://www.tsv1860.de/?id=150&news_id=5 ... et=&limit=

EDIT The translated version of the link didn't work...so it's just the version with it in German there, you'll have to do the translating bit yourselves i'm afraid
Upminster Iron

Post by Upminster Iron »

great pics :)
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Fantastik fotos, wunderbar stadion, sehr gut!

Pards looks well happy. Maybe he knows he has captured a striker ?
Etherington12

Post by Etherington12 »

Any news on wanstead?
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

woah Yossi really is skinny! someones gonna try and belt him in the premier league, savage probablly...

whats happening with those young girls and the munich players!?

top pic of pardew!
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Cheers for the pics HHLH.

Whta is going on with the team line up!!!! We get fat kids and they get 11 saucy birds giving them garlands! Before the match!!! Harsh. You can see our lads laughing at the injustice of it.
Austrian Hammer

Post by Austrian Hammer »

so i got back from the game at 12:00 pm. for me it was fantastic. great stadium and the match was ok. defence was great. yossi had one good action, but gave the ball to zamora. a guy behind me said: yossi, don't give the ball to him, it's zamora. they had a good beer in the stadium.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Rich WHUFC wrote:woah Yossi really is skinny! someones gonna try and belt him in the premier league, savage probablly...

whats happening with those young girls and the munich players!?

top pic of pardew!
Savage has to get near him first. :wink:
Austrian Hammer

Post by Austrian Hammer »

i have seen the greatest hammers fan: who knows the guy, he is about 70, wears a kit with mooro on the back and has something to stabilize his neck. if anyone is a true hammer, he is it.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Forget his name but he comes from Clacton.
SamuelWilson

Post by SamuelWilson »

Mullins aint to bad in the middle, but dont play him at right back. People go round him like he aint there! At least Repka takes the out if they try it with him. O and I noticed Repka got booked yesterday. Thats unusual isnt it.

dodger wrote: For 2 thirds of last season he was our worst player. For the other third he was ok, but to say he was one of our 'influential players that got us promoted' i think is far-fetched in the extreme. Did he block a header off the line in the final like Newton? Score 3 goals in the play-offs like Zamora? Score 20 in the season like Harewood or Sheringham? Have countless assists like Matty, provide us with our first solid centre back pairing like Ward and Anton, be as consistent as Repka, make crucial saves like Walker or captain us to promotion like Reo-Coker? No, he did as well IMO as Lomas and Fletcher had done in that position.
Also, you're talking about Mullins pre-season record!? :shock: Please tell me there is some secret relevance there you're not telling me about.
I have always been known to slag off Mullins so you may just think i do it out of habit now...but from his first action as a West Ham player, slipping allowing Andy Reid to score for Forest on Mullins' debut, he's done more harm than good IMHO.
Der Hammer

Post by Der Hammer »

milhouse_van_houten wrote: played at CB with Anton which he did very well at.

Will 100% to be in the first team for the blackburn game!!!
Was shifted out as LB when Konchesky was replaced, had a good game there as well. Good signing ! :)
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Austrian Hammer wrote:so i got back from the game at 12:00 pm. for me it was fantastic. great stadium and the match was ok. defence was great. yossi had one good action, but gave the ball to zamora. a guy behind me said: yossi, don't give the ball to him, it's zamora. they had a good beer in the stadium.
Brings a tear to the eye :cry:

I have never, ever had good beer in an English football stadium :evil: