Crystal Palace v West Ham Utd (30/07/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Lincoln Hammer

Post by Lincoln Hammer »

Just read the match report on offical site, sounds like we played well, i see another trailist came on for teddy wonder who it was ??
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

aaronhammer wrote:im still listening, a millw*nk fan has rung in saying he loved listening to the game today because he feels marlon harewood will get us relegated.

well i would rather be relegated from the prem than the championship

Hilarious, isn't he. :lol:

Not bitter one bit, noooooooo. I heard their captain, Livermore is putting in a transfer request now and he has the audacity to say WE will get relegated due to ONE player! :shock: ****!
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

it wasnt a trialist it was Hogan Ephraim i think
Etheringtonsdabest

Post by Etheringtonsdabest »

To confirm that was not Hogan Ephriam that came on it was

Jemel Herny he was one of the Under 18's now moving into the reserves.
Chill_The_Kill
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Chill_The_Kill »

**** GROUND **** FANS

Great day out, fans were superb, we looked comforbale throughout with plenty of showboating

MOM Daily in MF, distrirubution was spot on and didn't put a foot wrong

Why didn't the ****ing player's shirts have their names on?
How was I meant to clock our new players?

Crap pics from cam-phone

Laugh at the statue Nigels

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

A good pre-season workout for the lads then? :)
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Just got back - I'm in no state to make a full report so that will come tomorrow.

Anyway I felt we looked much the better side and I was impressed with the team. Collins was fantastic as was Gabbidon while Dailly impressed in the holding midfield area for me. Konchesky also impressed me today and our defence looks very solid.

Licka looked bright when he came on while I felt Harewood was poor upfront and highlighted the fact we need to bring in a good striker. I also felt Carroll and Newton played well today as well.

Yossi did not have much time to make an impact but he showed some very nice touches and nearly scored late on so I hope Pardew plays him for a good 70 minutes against Den Haag.

Who was number 19 btw? We asked one of the medical staff and he just said "Sid" to us which gave us all a good laugh as he seemed to have no clue who he was. Can anyone help?

As I say I'll write up a report tomorrow sometime but I was very impressed with us and felt we played very well today.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Who was number 19 btw? We asked one of the medical staff and he just said "Sid" to us which gave us all a good laugh as he seemed to have no clue who he was. Can anyone help?
According to the numbers posted a couple of days ago, it's Collins. But as you've already mentioned him, and assuming you've not got brainfade, maybe it's Ephraim?

Alternately, there's a stack of speculation in this thread about who it might me. Though I suspect that the theory about it being an UmpaLumpa in disguise is probably wide of the mark...
westhamjim

Post by westhamjim »

don't panic everyone, yossi was never going to start this game as he's not had a proper pre-season and isn't fully upto speed yet no point rushing him so he picks up an injury.

but he thinks he might be ready to start the den haag game.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Kludgehammer wrote: According to the numbers posted a couple of days ago, it's Collins. But as you've already mentioned him, and assuming you've not got brainfade, maybe it's Ephraim?

Alternately, there's a stack of speculation in this thread about who it might me. Though I suspect that the theory about it being an UmpaLumpa in disguise is probably wide of the mark...
:lol:

It's the one the o/s said was a trialist.

He looked like a younger Rufus (as in hair style). :wink:
1980 Hammer

Post by 1980 Hammer »

Good workout in my opinion. Kept possession well for long periods of time.

Bumped in to some really nice Charlton fans on the way home. 7 against 2. Telling us we're all going to 'get cut' when we play them at The Valley.

Very pleasant lads :shock:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

1980 Hammer wrote:Good workout in my opinion. Kept possession well for long periods of time.

Bumped in to some really nice Charlton fans on the way home. 7 against 2. Telling us we're all going to 'get cut' when we play them at The Valley.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

****ing Charlton? Buch of mugs.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

aaronhammer wrote:it wasnt a trialist it was Hogan Ephraim i think
that isnt Hogan Ephrahim Ill give you a danny
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

1980 Hammer wrote:Good workout in my opinion. Kept possession well for long periods of time.

Did you warn them about Ashikodi? More than a match for any wannabe knife wheeling, pussy weapon using scumbag. Comments from people like that, deserve a taste of their own medicine with a tidy little Chelsea smile imo.
1980 Hammer

Post by 1980 Hammer »

Nah! 2 against 7 I just nodded politely. They said they've been giving West Ham the run around at London Bridge all afternoon. But by the smell of his breath the only thing he'd had that afternoon was a South London slapper. :lol:
chrislewis7

Post by chrislewis7 »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Just got back - I'm in no state to make a full report so that will come tomorrow.

Anyway I felt we looked much the better side and I was impressed with the team. Collins was fantastic as was Gabbidon while Dailly impressed in the holding midfield area for me. Konchesky also impressed me today and our defence looks very solid.

Licka looked bright when he came on while I felt Harewood was poor upfront and highlighted the fact we need to bring in a good striker. I also felt Carroll and Newton played well today as well.

Yossi did not have much time to make an impact but he showed some very nice touches and nearly scored late on so I hope Pardew plays him for a good 70 minutes against Den Haag.

Who was number 19 btw? We asked one of the medical staff and he just said "Sid" to us which gave us all a good laugh as he seemed to have no clue who he was. Can anyone help?

As I say I'll write up a report tomorrow sometime but I was very impressed with us and felt we played very well today.

I agree totaly with HH. First pre-season game I've been to and I was impressed. First a general overview. We totally out-played Palace. We looked atleast a division above them.

Carroll looked good. Made a couple of decent saves, looked in control and was great with some quite awkward back-passes confidently booting them downfield.

Gabbidon looked good, composed, got up and down the pitch well.

Konchesky for me was man of the match. Looks confident and hard in defence. Great energy, covered a lot of ground. Linked well with Matty, got to the byline and whipped in some good crosses.

First time I've seen Collins. Liked him. Good positionally, good in the tackle, looks confident.

Ward was the same Ward we saw at the end of last season. What you see is what you get. Big guy, safety first defender. Not pretty but effective. He believes in getting the ball as far away from the West Ham end as possible as soon as possible.

Dailly, playing in his best position, looked good. Reads the game well sits in front of the back 4, taking pressure off them and freeing up the full-backs. I think he'll be great for us ths season.

Reo Coker. Had an OK game but we need more from him. Doesn't seem to be playing with enough confidence. Not really sure what his best role is. I think he'll play a bit-part role this season.

Williams. Didn't look up to it. OK game but didn't really do anything to effect the game.

Etherington really looks back to his best. Full of energy, plenty of pace, always involved and Johnny on the spot for the goal.

Teddy is class. Made a dozen great little passes and through balls. If only everyone in the team had his vision.

Harewood. Had some chances, made a few good runs, most just sort of faded to nothing. Lovely work to create the goal. I'm not a fan of Marlon he flaters to deceive. He wastes too much. Someone said he could cost us our Premiership status. I tend to agree.

The subs. Newton looked lively, saw a lot of the ball, beat the full-back, whipped in some crosses. Everything Williams wasn't. I liked Licka. A lot of vision, very positive, again everything Reo Coker wasn't. Who is he where is he from Pards sign him. The 'trialist' looked positive. Nice touch, whoever he was worth another look. Yossi in his 5 minutes all I saw was that he really is a stick insect makes his shirt look like a tent!

Gd, I hate being this positive, it's not natural. But add Ferdinand and probably Repka and please, please, please a new striker and we've got a team to relly get behind.