West Ham Utd 1 Osasuna 1 (lost 7-8 on pens) (06/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bitter 'n' Twisted

Post by Bitter 'n' Twisted »

Etherington12 wrote:Anyone know the attendance?
Not all of them, but I think I know some of them. :lol:
aaronhammer
Has liked: 175 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

dont know the exact attendence however i did manage to count all 10 Osasuna fans, and im not joking there were only 10, also the police started the match with a police divide between them and erm... nobody really.

Yossi didnt have an outstanding game however he certainly did have a few moments when he looked very good, mainly when he started running at the defenders which resulted in him being fouled.

Ricardo, what a twat, a bloke kept hold of the ball then just dropped it in front of him without throwing it back to Ricardo, and then Ricardo turned round and stared at the bloke in the crowd.

Got pics of the pens and some of the cool down after the game will post them up at some point.

Also their number 19 (Enrique CORRALES Martin) seemed to want to pick a fight with Repka a few times :lol:
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

Disappointing game but only to be expected for pre-season friendly.
Drwa not a bad result especially as their penalty looked highly dubious.
Thought Dailly & Kochesky were our best players.
Few good touches from Teddy too.
Awful penalty from Yossi and he hardly did anything all game, however it didn’t help that anytime we showed a bit of skill their players fouled to stop the move.

Very disappointing crowd for which the ridiculous ticket system must be partly to blame.
Having gone to Lakeside shop to buy tickets yesterday, I had to pick them up today, so made extra trip to UP this morning rather than queue for ages with a six year old.
Had it been pay at the gate I’m sure more would have turned up.
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

number 19 for them had a death wish.

dailly was our best player by far.

we needed someone to have the finishing touch im crying out for a striker
all the new boys played well.

yossi got hacked down alot so we should win a few pens and free kicks in the season he didnt get much of the ball but he is a player who you need to give him the ball he wont go and get it but still did some nice touches
Merv
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Merv »

brownout wrote: Had it been pay at the gate I’m sure more would have turned up.
i may be imagining things, but i saw pay turnstiles at the DM stand by the supporters club end... not that they advertised this would be the case mind... :?
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

it was pay at the gate £ 20 in the dr m stand and fiver for a kid
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

The Delephant Man wrote:Does the new entry card system mean that if I had a change of heart (or suddenly found £20 in my pocket I didn't relaise I had :wink: ) can I not turn up at the game today and pay cash on the door?
Reo Coker 20 it was pay at the gate £ 20 in the dr m stand and fiver for a kid
Do'h!!
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

In the very sparse Lower Bobby Moore we were praying anyone of the 22 players to score, just so we didn't have to go through a pointless penalty shoot out. There were even calls for Shaks to catch it and throw it in his own net.

The Spanish were putting in some heavy challenges, a bit like Palace last week. At least its good preparation for Hughes Blackburn thug's next week.

Our first choice back five looked solid again Is it me or is Anton looking like Rio's doopleganger? He even did a a shuffle, selling one the Spanish a dummy. Just brough back memories of Rio in one of his first matches against Everton.

We've got to give Yossi (or is it Benny) more time to adjust to the English game and get his fitness levels up.
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

Merv wrote: i may be imagining things, but i saw pay turnstiles at the DM stand by the supporters club end... not that they advertised this would be the case mind... :?
I noticed that too but not much point if they were telling everyone you had to have a ticket (card). Had it been advertised I wouldn't have wasted hours trying to get tickets in advance.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Alright lads,

Talking to you from a very sunny and very hot Lanzarote.

Anyway sounds like the normal old pre season game.
Sounds lile Yossi was average - not worried as he is geting match fitness for Blackburn.
Also sounds like the defence played well which is very good news.
Any movement on the striker front and how are we all - have I missed anything.

Sorry for the lack of a question mark - I´m on a spainish keyboard
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

I liked the fact AP gave Yossi a chance to win the game to boost his confidence

Hated the fact Yossi missed the penalty, come on Yossi not good enough must put those away :!:
Northants_Iron

Post by Northants_Iron »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Alright lads,

Sounds lile Yossi was average - not worried as he is geting match fitness for Blackburn.

Said you would be on :lol:
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Boogers Caravan Blues wrote:In the very sparse Lower Bobby Moore we were praying anyone of the 22 players to score, just so we didn't have to go through a pointless penalty shoot out. There were even calls for Shaks to catch it and throw it in his own net.

The Spanish were putting in some heavy challenges, a bit like Palace last week. At least its good preparation for Hughes Blackburn thug's next week.

Our first choice back five looked solid again Is it me or is Anton looking like Rio's doopleganger? He even did a a shuffle, selling one the Spanish a dummy. Just brough back memories of Rio in one of his first matches against Everton.

We've got to give Yossi (or is it Benny) more time to adjust to the English game and get his fitness levels up.
Me & my mates turned & shouted Rio at each other when he did that.
Konchesky & Etherington look like they have struck up a superd understanding down the left,whoever said about Dailly being our best player,i make you spot on,very commanding in front of Anton & Gabbs.
How skiinny is Yossi,a stongish wind & he is f**ked,won't need a challenge from an opposing player,he did look good though when he went forward on the very few occasions,give him tiime though to adapt & i think he could do the business for us though.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote:Alright lads,

Didn't take you long mate. :wink: :lol:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

window74 wrote: Didn't take you long mate. :wink: :lol:
:lol:

You know me. :wink:
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1070 likes

Post by pezza20 »

This was a good workout, and Osasuna are a very good side, both teams were up for it and until the subs were made it was an interesting continental style game, bit like Munich.

The back four were superb, Osasuna only had one shot all game which Carroll did well on smothering. Harewood was hopeless and reallt needs to get on his game. Sherigham showed some nice touches but never really looked like making a scoring impact.

Yossi, I disagree with some of you guys - I thouight he was our most influential player, when he got on the ball he was either fouled or played some lovelt little balls in to our front players, He'll defintely be the brains in our side. Reo-Coker also needs to sharpen up as he did nothing but give the ball away. Dailly did ok but I still prefer Mullins. Etherington worked hard but provided little in the attacking third but Newton when he came on looked very keen to impress.

I reckon the team for next week will be:

Carroll, Konchesky, Gabbidon, Lips, Repka, Ethers, Reo-Coker, Dailly, Yossi, Harewood and Sheri
Youth26
Location: A place wear fat people running for the bus is considered a sport

Post by Youth26 »

Saying we need a striker to really finsh it off, i saw Benni Mcarthy today at White ***** lane (forgive me for i have sinned) and he looked a class apart from the rest of the field, great postioning, nice first touch, has pace and great eye for goal. Fredi Kanoute looked good when he came on and Mido impressed throughout the game. Davids is a madman on the pitch hacking a player every chance he got.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Youth26 wrote:Saying we need a striker to really finsh it off, i saw Benni Mcarthy today at White ***** lane (forgive me for i have sinned) and he looked a class apart from the rest of the field, great postioning, nice first touch, has pace and great eye for goal. Fredi Kanoute looked good when he came on and Mido impressed throughout the game. Davids is a madman on the pitch hacking a player every chance he got.
Why were you there.....
Youth26
Location: A place wear fat people running for the bus is considered a sport

Post by Youth26 »

HammerMan2004 wrote: Why were you there.....
My mate had free tickets and i didnt have a ticket for West Ham match. Didnt have money to buy one at the gate either.
Last edited by Youth26 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 516 likes
Total likes: 1311 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Youth26 wrote: My mate had free tickets and i didnt have a ticket for West Ham match. Didnt have money to buy one at the gate either.
That's no excuse...You should have been home, on here, grin and baring the penalty shoot out :wink: