Newcastle Utd 0 West Ham Utd 0 (20/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Marky »

Great performance, still hope we sign that striker. Pardew has started very impressively
shoreyda2nd

Post by shoreyda2nd »

to be honest after this start I don't think a new striker is an absolute neccessity like some people are suggesting. After all, if we sign some striker we could lose the togetherness, the pride and the passion that seems to go throughout the whole team / squad.
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Anyone know how serious Teddy's injury is?
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:Anyone know how serious Teddy's injury is?
Hopefully not to serious, took a knock at the end of the first half, came out for the second but couldnt run it off. I beleive Pards took him off as a precaution.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

IIIRRROOONNNNSSSSSSSSSS

Keep it going lads.

Now for Bolton and fat Sam and the equally cnuting Diouf :twisted:
ironfergie

Post by ironfergie »

well done west ham it just proves that although we mad not have as much individual tallent as we did when we went down but there is a TEAM here at west ham which is something we aint seen for a while

well done pards and the lads also we done to the west ham fans for singing your heart out.
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

An excellent result today and a very good start to the season. Hopefully, getting a home win straight away and picking something up from our first away trip will settle everyone down at the club . . . we have a lot of players in our squad who are new to the Premiership so I expect there has been a little bit of apprehension and nervousness about . . . but now they all know that they are capable of picking up points against sides who will probably not be involved in the relegation dogfight later on in the season.
daniel

Post by daniel »

stockwell pete wrote:An excellent result today and a very good start to the season. Hopefully, getting a home win straight away and picking something up from our first away trip will settle everyone down at the club . . . we have a lot of players in our squad who are new to the Premiership so I expect there has been a little bit of apprehension and nervousness about . . . but now they all know that they are capable of picking up points against sides who will probably not be involved in the relegation dogfight later on in the season.
:clap:

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Top comment.
I Bleed Claret
Location: Up Your Arse! Up Your Arse! Stick the Swipecard Up Your Arse!

Post by I Bleed Claret »

you know whats impressive? a draw away to Newcastle wouldnt have been a bad result 5 years ago when we were an established side. :doff: hats off to the players, they did fantastically.

proud to be a west ham fan, as far as im concerned who needs £200 million when this squad worth no more than £15million does us proud like this?!
D&G

Post by D&G »

10 points:-
1. Pardew is proving me wrong his tactics are top notch at the moment.
2. Pardew has solved the defence problem that has dogged us for years,he started at the back and worked forward.
3. WH has a toughness about it,not the team of old that might of rolled over with 10men they looked even more up for it after that moment.
4. Anyone notice that we are hitting teams on the break? New for WHU.
5. Anton is worth 8-10million already.
6. Harewood is still **** and should be offered to Feyenoord plus 7million for Kuyt.
7. We need 2 strikers not 1 !!!!!!!!!
8. Pardew called the linesman "a ****ing ****er".
9. IF we continue to play like we are we will finish mid table.
10. Bring on Bolton.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

donkeydobber wrote:10 points:-
1. Pardew is proving me wrong his tactics are top notch at the moment.
2. Pardew has solved the defence problem that has dogged us for years,he started at the back and worked forward.
3. WH has a toughness about it,not the team of old that might of rolled over with 10men they looked even more up for it after that moment.
4. Anyone notice that we are hitting teams on the break? New for WHU.
5. Anton is worth 8-10million already.
6. Harewood is still sh*t and should be offered to Feyenoord plus 7million for Kuyt.
7. We need 2 strikers not 1 !!!!!!!!!
8. Pardew called the linesman "a f*cking ****er".
9. IF we continue to play like we are we will finish mid table.
10. Bring on Bolton.
My only disagreement. Harewood is not ****.(But I wouldn't mind Kuyt, as well).
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

I was very impressed with the performance today. There were one or two occassions where one of Newcastles more skillful players jigged there way into the box but there were always two or more players there ready top put a foot in. Before the red card (which, as I imagine everyone has already said, was a disgrace) I really thought the match was there for the taking. I thought the ref had a good game before that dreadful decision. I just hope Konchesky isn't afraid to put his foot in in a similar fashion in the future. An assured defensive dispay. An encouraging attacking display which certainly heighlighted the need for one or two quality strikers. Marlon caused all sorts of problems in the first half but as usual didn't seem to have the end product. Rio-Coker was fantastic!

I thought it looked strange on the back of his shirt! That should read 'Reo-Coker'.
Last edited by Stratford Hammer on Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

i thought harewood was really useful in the first half - couldn't get up to much in the second, but was still busy. he is big and fast and makes a nuisance of himself. i think, give him another couple of games, and he'll surprise you, donkeydobber. other than that, good post.
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

credit to shearer for saying it was "a decent challenge" by konchesky and that it was the wrong decision.

how good is it to be a west ham fan at the moment...although we haven't got a new striker in, im desperate for the transfer window to shut. we don't want anyone getting ideas over ferdinand, reo-coker etc.

im also dead happy that we aren't playing midweek while bolton will have to face newcastle . they'll have dyer and ameobi back and probably luque in their attack. talk about getting lucky with playing them today. here's hoping bolton knacker themselves just three days before travelling to the boleyn.
Last edited by one fine morning.... on Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&G

Post by D&G »

The only thing Harewood managed to do the whole game was pass a player or two then either fall over and swiftly hold his hands up for a foul or lose the ball.
He wont prove me wrong at all,he is CCC quality I was with Amsterhammer and Kennet(Harewoods love child) Kennet love Harewood and reminded me of the 22 goals he scored in the CCC. That my point he can only score there.
I Bleed Claret

Post by I Bleed Claret »

harewood was poor again, he seems to run out of ideas with the ball at his feet on his own and goes down like prostitute whos just been given a £50 note.

Anyone know the Away attendance?
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

I though Harewood was unlucky on several occasions when he turned Boumsong or got a run at their defence but the ref pulled him up for offisde or alledged fouls.
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

i'll back your call for another striker, dd, but to complement harewood, not replace him....although kuyt.... :think:

:lol:
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

I Bleed Claret wrote:harewood was poor again, he seems to run out of ideas with the ball at his feet on his own and goes down like prostitute whos just been given a £50 note.

Anyone know the Away attendance?
attendance was 51,602

great result though 4pts from 6 bloody great start
I Bleed Claret

Post by I Bleed Claret »

like i said, does anyone know the AWAY attendance?