Newcastle Utd 0 West Ham Utd 0 (20/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Well done lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I think I know which ref he is....Is he the one that is small, skinny and looks like a rodent?
Little prick!
anyway GREAT RESULT!!!!
yabush

Post by yabush »

pards,please sign a striker... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

yeah 2 games unbeaten FUCKIN AWESOME
wellington Irons
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by wellington Irons »

great result.Big nose on sky said the sending off was wrong.Hopefully the ref will have the bottle to admit to his mistake.
This is a ground where we normally come back south with nothing.
36 more points to go.
philipavard159
Location: if you can see my mirrors.......... get out of my bathroom

Post by philipavard159 »

dmyeo66 wrote: Well said pal.

West Ham we love you!!!

Ref is still a tosser though. Hopefully he will recind it as its not right.
congrats on your 1000 post mark :doff: :doff:
Jakarta

Post by Jakarta »

great team effort

a point at newcastle away is always gonna be good

no disappointment on the bus

other results in our favour

cracking weekend for the hammers!

well done travelling fans. could hear you all game on livesports (not an ad btw ****)

barcode boo boys - feck them - i thought we would win after half time.

will red card become yellow? on re inspection ?

love it!!!!!
doubledown

Post by doubledown »

Well done to the lads today. I'm so proud of the way we played!

Also, amazing work by our supporters today! All I could hear on my feed was West Ham songs!

Roll on Bolton!!
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

Yep Superb! :)

Ref is a plum but nevermind, good to see Reo-Coker stepping up his game in the prem!
Now we gotta make Upton Park Rock for Bolton! I would love to get revenge on that northern git alladyce!

IRONS!
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

Defense was awesome as usual, excellent result for us 8-)
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

Very pleased with result. Great start to season. Can't wait for Bolton to arrive.

COME ON YOU IRONS!!! :lol:
koldiebeer

Post by koldiebeer »

A good result from the lads today out there,I can see why the ref thought it was a sending off,but nonethtless the facts are he did get a large amount of the ball and unless he's some sort of houdini he was bound to go into him.

Still the defense held out quite well and we didn't just completely crumble into oursleves and even had a few decent chances,once again all thanks to the great Reo-coker,he played like a proper Prem player,he will be the driving force of Midfiled this year I feel,you've got two great wide players as well and also experiance in the front line in Teddy and although abit of a hit and miss affair,Harewood,who when he is on form(which I don't think he is)will be a handful considering his strength and pace.

Stil la LONG way to go yet,but I get the feeling confindence is high with the hammers...and i think we have a REAL shot at staying up,we certainly shouldn't be odds on favorites to go down,not after these two games,but as i keep saying,alot of things can go wrong,but the last few matches that our relegation rivals have are hard in general.
WHJ
Location: BMU - Soaking up the Boleyn atmosphere before we lose it forever>

Post by WHJ »

2 games. 4 points. That form across the season would put us on 76 points for the season. Unrealistic, of course but ..............................if only.

Backs to the wall stuff today, but how many times in the past would we have faded. Well done players and travelling fans.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Ozza wrote:0-0 draw for me, backs to the wall stuff at times but a great show by the boys
f*** ME im off to buy a lottery ticket
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

yabush wrote:pards,please sign a striker... :cry: :cry: :cry:
theres always one ;)
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

What did Mark Lawrenson predict? Oh, yes - 2-0 to Newcastle. with West Ham incapable of getting away points this season.

I, therefore, predict that Mark Lawrenson is a pointless little ****
Part time poster
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Part time poster »

Great performance and a great result considering the wrongful sendidng off. What pleases me the most is that this team looks so at home in the Prem (ok I know its based on only two games) but if we can get a win against Bolton next week, which will be tough, then I think we can really push on.

Well done to Pardew and the team, its so great to see a team that looks like West Ham means as much to them, as it does to us. :crest:
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

pards on soccer saturday now
southbank

Post by southbank »

[quote="WHJ"]2 games. 4 points. That form across the season would put us on 76 points for the season. Unrealistic, of course but ..............................if only.

why should it be ? seriously football is 50% skill and 50% heart ......you only have to see the England this week to realise that . If a team can be motivated week in week out and the players learn to fight every inch for 90 mins and play with BELIEF there is no reason why we cant aim high and not just be in this division to make up the numbers . Sure there be some tough games and palying against the ref (as we surley will this season as we will find out) the odds are stacked against us . Thats what seperates a truely great manager and an average one .......fair play to AP so far and US the fans can play a major role in this at home but I got a gut feeling we may do something special ......... ive been going to UP for 20 odd yrs now and i dont know if i mad but theres a tangible feeling you get about the team , either we are bad,good or will struggle .....this season its good !!!
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Brilliant mature and self assured performance! :niceone: Nice one West Ham!

It was a delight to watch the lads taking over in the opening 20 minutes, passing the ball around comfortably, playing through both flanks, making the best out of Etherington's pace, Reo-Coker's intelligence and energy and Teddy's brilliant link up work.

Harewood had a decent chance to nick a goal when Given's kick hit him, but can't really blame him as he seemed so shocked by the chance he had that he couldn't control it. Shame Zamora wasn't introduced earlier, his first touch nearly ended up in there as he passed it though nicely to NRC, who couldn't power his way past Boumsong.

Lovely to see the lads being able to shut the shop in a tough away match with a man down. Gabbidon and Ferdinand could easily develop into one of the best defensive pairings in the Premiership, an absolute flawless performance by those 2, they made Shearer's marking look so easy and comfortable- top lads.

Konchesky was brilliant again until the sending off (which was obviously a scanduales decision by the ref- clean tackle, didn't even need the instant replay- it was clear cut), Repka looks so much better at right back than Dailly did last week. Hopefully the ref will do the decent thing and cancel the suspension (not reduce to a booking- there was no foul).

A point was all I wanted in the beginning so needless to say I'm pleased- keep it up West Ham! We can definitely run away from a relegation battle if we keep it up in this rate.

MVP: The traveling supporters. Made 45,000 barcodes look like a complete joke! Bubbles was loud and clear time and time again (right after the Konchesky's send off was brilliant), Blue flag was on top voice, but most impressing were the passing cheers deep into the second half- loved it! :lol:

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!! :worthy: :crest:
Last edited by Israeli_Hammer on Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

COME ON!!!!!

Delighted - So very, very proud.

IRONS! :crest: