West Ham Utd 1 Bolton Wanderers 2 (27/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dezire2fly

Post by Dezire2fly »

SL wrote: Agreed
Also agreed.

I hate the way Bolton play as it stops us playing the style that we want. They have too many people behind the ball and make it very difficult to break them down. They are definitely a better side than Newcaslte or Blackburn. Aston Villa next (Baros scored today) and we do need alternatives to Mullins and Harewood.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Pards knows what must be done and I am sure that he will. Marlon will cause a lot of trouble for opposition defences but cannot be relied upon for goals at this level.
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Hopefully Benni sees that we are a good team lacking a clinical finisher up front and thinks to himself, "hey, i wanna go to west ham and put away those numerous chances"
Chris
Tickets, please

Post by Chris »

I thought Sheringham was as poor as Harewood today if not worse...
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

just got back.
waht the f*** happened with that second goal??
Carroll looked like he froze and Campo walked it in the net.
Wanna see that again,nothing like a bit of morons trying to sing to cheer you up though.
What a strike by Koncheskey!!! :wink:
Dezire2fly

Post by Dezire2fly »

Chris wrote:I thought Sheringham was as poor as Harewood today if not worse...
disagree with you there mate, Sheringham was hounded off the ball about 2 or 3 times but so did the rest of our other players on occasions. His passing overall wasnt in his usual standard but he did create plenty for Marlon who was rubbish today.

Do not forget Teddy also put away the penalty goal in style and hit the bar from a freekick.
Last edited by Dezire2fly on Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dezire2fly

Post by Dezire2fly »

hornsey wrote:just got back.
waht the f*ck happened with that second goal??
Wanna see that again,nothing like a bit of morons trying to sing to cheer you up though.
Shouldnt the second goal have been offside? Will have to watch this again.
SL

Post by SL »

hornsey wrote:just got back.
waht the f*ck happened with that second goal??
Nearly forgot about that.

Had Julian Dicks written all over it.
kaybee15

Post by kaybee15 »

Chippenhammer wrote:Pards knows what must be done and I am sure that he will. Marlon will cause a lot of trouble for opposition defences but cannot be relied upon for goals at this level.
From the BBC:

"I don't want to be harsh on our strikers, even though Marlon Harewood didn't have his best game.
"On another day, he might have scored for us and I think it would be tough to say we needed a new striker on the evidence of this game.

"Although the chances we created have to go in at this level."

Diplomatic-speak for "You're fuckin' dropped, sunshine"? Or is Pardew going to keep faith with what appears to be an out-of-his-depth striker? Two whole weeks before we find out... Headbanger
whufc4life

Post by whufc4life »

Just got back myself.

Decent all round performance, let down by some poor finishing from Marlon.

Why does Pardew insist on putting strikers out on the right? Aliadiere is a striker not a right winger.

Matty was pretty quiet, but once he was subbed and Beni was put on the left we lacked width as we dont have any other natural winger apart from Matty.

If anything i think we have the firepower now with Aliadiere, we just need a natural right sided winger instead of using players such as Beni (who i note should play in the middle instead of Mullins and Reo should play the holding role).

Those are my thoughts anyway
Chill_The_Kill
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Chill_The_Kill »

Just got back
Trust me, we can hack it in this league
I was impressed with all except Marlon who is basicly a lazy ****
Teddy was running more milege around the pitch than him
Still optomisitc

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

we need a striker. heres why...

Teddy can't be expected to lead the line ALL season.
Marlon looks well off the pace.
BZ looks shakey in this league.
Alliadaire will proberly get recalled back to the arse.
Bellion is supposed to be suspect.
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

Marlon didn't exactly miss open goals but still dissapointing he wasn't hitting the target, to me Teddy had a very bad game today gave the ball away loads, MOTM today had to be Yossi.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Chill_The_Kill wrote:Just got back
Trust me, we can hack it in this league
I was impressed with all except Marlon who is basicly a lazy c*nt
Teddy was running more milege around the pitch than him
Still optomisitc

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!

You ****, trust you to end my unbeaten run from match threads! :lol:

Looks like I'd better take over and work my magic ocne a ****ing gain. Things I do for my club. :wink:

Ohh and the game was *****, neither team looking good or playing to any potential worthy of three points.

Positive - Aliadiere looked a cut above from the rest when he came on. Showed true class. Ashame the deal isn't to a view of signing him permantently.

Dirty Northern monkey knuckle draggers, how many did you bring?? Piss poor and to think they are to represent English support in Europe this season?! :roll: :oops: f*** off Nlaon Sister and Gobshite **** too!!

Funniest moment was being confronted by two Isrealites on the tube beforehand. lmao This bloke asked if I was going to the concert? :shock: Ummmmmmm, yeah I'm going to watch Alan Pardew sing "Under Pressure". After diluting his pigeon English, we had a decent enough chin-wag on guess who? This bloke was sporting a Maccabi Haifa green and white scarf, so we thopught it would be cool to take a couple of photos of us together lol. Bless those oooo, ooooooh the Islrealites.. 8-) - I'll sort the photos out later... lol
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

dodger wrote:Just back.
Dissapointed but by no means disheartened. Good performance, only quirk for me were the subs, why Matty off? Why Ward on?
We were very unlucky...just need to take our chances.
Ratings:
Carroll-7 Kicking suspect but made a couple of excellent saves, and could nothing with either goal.
Konchesky-7 Fine
Gabiddon-6 Not in the game really, but reasonably assured. Will have easier games though against sides who don't have every single player who is above 7 foot...
Ferdinand-7 Very good and marked Davies well.
Repka-7 Solid
Etherington- 6.5 Dangerous, dunno why he was subbed...
Mullins-5 Poor, gave the ball away far too much.
Reo-Coker-5 He'll have better days..
Benayoun-9 Superb, bet Allardyce was gritting his teeth watching him.
Harewood-5 Improve or be dropped
Sheringham-7 Nice touches

SUBS
Aliadiere-7 Looked good, should start on the right in place of Mullins next match

Get knotted mate, so typical of you. I and those around me in the Bobby Moore lower couldn't praise the guy enough when compared to the others on the pitch. I suppose he was lucky to win a penalty in the last third too? And yes he gave the ball away twice, the rest of hte time he was solid. But Dodge, why should I be surprised, you alwalys rate him a ****ing 5. :lol:
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Stevo »

Bryant4114 wrote:Fact is, we need a striker fast

Desperately.
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

Funniest moment was being confronted by two Isrealites on the tube beforehand. lmao This bloke asked if I was going to the concert? :shock: Ummmmmmm, yeah I'm going to watch Alan Pardew sing "Under Pressure". After diluting his pigeon English, we had a decent enough chin-wag on guess who? This bloke was sporting a Maccabi Haifa green and white scarf, so we thopught it would be cool to take a couple of photos of us together lol. Bless those oooo, ooooooh the Islrealites.. 8-) - I'll sort the photos out later... lol[/quote]

Its Israeli (s), not Israelites
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Stevo »

PATISH wrote:Funniest moment was being confronted by two Isrealites on the tube beforehand. lmao This bloke asked if I was going to the concert? :shock: Ummmmmmm, yeah I'm going to watch Alan Pardew sing "Under Pressure". After diluting his pigeon English, we had a decent enough chin-wag on guess who? This bloke was sporting a Maccabi Haifa green and white scarf, so we thopught it would be cool to take a couple of photos of us together lol. Bless those oooo, ooooooh the Islrealites.. 8-) - I'll sort the photos out later... lol
Its Israeli (s), not Israelites[/quote]

And I'm half ****ing cut. What you expect? :wink:

And fwiw Mr in -the-know, it's Islraelis OR Israelites, get a grip. :roll:
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Stevo wrote: SURELY ANOTHER REASON TO HAVE PLAYED WARD TODAY

Get knotted mate, so typical of you. I and those around me in the Bobby Moore lower couldn't praise the guy enough when compared to the others on the pitch. I suppose he was lucky to win a penalty in the last third too? And yes he gave the ball away twice, the rest of hte time he was solid. But Dodge, why should I be surprised, you alwalys rate him a f*cking 5. :lol: