Fulham 1 West Ham Utd 2 (17/09/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Quest

Fulham 1 West Ham Utd 2 (17/09/05)

Post by Quest »

Ok its not to early for this thread. Thought I would kick it off and put a comment from a Fulham board. I have highlighted something you might find worthy of comment. Obviously not seen us play.

-----------------------
Hmmm posted by Dougal 13 Sep 2005 08:59:00

Our game against west ham will be a toughy me thinks. Anyone who can beat a decent side like villa 4-0, even at home, deserves some respect. We gave Newcastle a good hiding but our poor finishing let us down again.

All in all, I expect us to win, we have much more quality than they do, we just need to improve our fninshing. If we can do that, we should win a lot of games this season, maybe it'stime to give Helguson a run-out and see if he lives up to his "ice man" billing.

Another thing is tactics, we've not resorted to 4-5-1 much and thats good to see. We're also attacking the teams we play, and it's clearly shocking them- they clearly don't expect "little old Fulham" to be trying to beat the crap out of them, they just expect us to be quiet. Thats what I've liked most about our season so far. I think if we can get a win here, we could go on to do very well this season.

I don't know why, but I sense that this game is going to be a very important one.

--------------------

And in the words of AP, lets keep our feet on the ground and we'll see what happens at Fulham ....
DI GREEKIO
Connoisseur of crap

Post by DI GREEKIO »

reserves game is first. on wedesday
lets support our future. i need a reserves thread nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i am back!!!
crazier than ever
Quest

Post by Quest »

DI GREEKIO wrote:reserves game is first. on wedesday
lets support our future. i need a reserves thread nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i am back!!!
crazier than ever
and its at UP ....
tits_guest1986

Post by tits_guest1986 »

I wouldnt swap our team for theirs.

Would be typical of WHU to lose this though.

but we wont... 1-0 Hammers. Marlon again
Brooking's header

Post by Brooking's header »

Quest wrote: and its at UP ....
How much does it cost to see the resrves at UP?
Stairmaster

Post by Stairmaster »

tits_guest1986 wrote:I wouldnt swap our team for theirs.

Would be typical of WHU to lose this though.

but we wont... 1-0 Hammers. Marlon again
As they say down under - (fuckin oath) translated as (my word) i would not swap our team for theirs and (of course) we will not lose) :wink:

Only 1-0 though, i reckon we will get a couple, Yossi with another, set up by a Harewood nod down and Teddy with a rocket free kick 8-)
Shminky Malinky

Post by Shminky Malinky »

Brooking's header wrote: How much does it cost to see the resrves at UP?
I used to go to the odd game about 10 yearse ago and it was free for season ticket holders. Can't imagine they charge more than a fiver.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Whole of away/neutral end at Fulham now sold out
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 355 likes

Post by old fart »

Anybody got any good suggestions re parking/best travel arrangement to fulham; one of the few grounds i haven't been to for years
Shminky Malinky

old fart wrote:Anybody got any good suggestions re parking/best travel arrangement to fulham; one of the few grounds i haven't been to for years
District Line to Putney Bridge and then about a 10 minute walk through the park.

Alternatively train from Waterloo to Putney Station. Its usually the first stop and is very quick. Cross the bridge and then through the park again.

Reckon its best to leave your car at home. Traffic will just give you the hump. Get the train or tube and treat yourself to a couple of pints on the way. Some good pubs either side of the river.
Shminky Malinky

cockney farmer wrote:Whole of away/neutral end at Fulham now sold out

Should be at least 6000 of us then. Can't imagine too many neutrals in the neutral end.

I'm still not sure whether this neutral section is a good idea. Why not just give the whole end to us anyway?
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

[quote][quote="Shminky Malinky"][quote="cockney farmer"]Whole of away/neutral end at Fulham now sold out[/quote]

Should be at least 6000 of us then. Can't imagine too many neutrals in the neutral end.

I'm still not sure whether this neutral section is a good idea. Why not just give the whole end to us anyway?[/quote]

Fulham away this weekend should like the old days of Wimbledon away[/quote]
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Shminky Malinky wrote:

I'm still not sure whether this neutral section is a good idea. Why not just give the whole end to us anyway?
According to a Fulham fan in work, who is actually feeling very confident by the way, its for the tourists around the area :shock:
I Bleed Claret
Location: Up Your Arse! Up Your Arse! Stick the Swipecard Up Your Arse!

Post by I Bleed Claret »

Before the Villa game i was worried we would get beat badly, and our previous good play would go out the window, but after last nights performance I would be very dissapointed if we lost.
Shminky Malinky

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote: According to a Fulham fan in work, who is actually feeling very confident by the way, its for the tourists around the area :shock:
Looks like a few Yanks and Japs are going to get a close up view of East End working class culture. :lol:
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

I can see the logic of neutral areas (specially at grounds like Fulham's) as it can attract "Casual" spectators or non ST holders or whatever. If I ever get to see another West Ham game again, it will probably have to be away at a ground that has this scheme as the swipe card system in place at UP (if I have understood it correctly) will prevent me from turning up on the day :evil:
Brooking's header

Post by Brooking's header »

Toulouse_Iron wrote:I can see the logic of neutral areas (specially at grounds like Fulham's) as it can attract "Casual" spectators or non ST holders or whatever. If I ever get to see another West Ham game again, it will probably have to be away at a ground that has this scheme as the swipe card system in place at UP (if I have understood it correctly) will prevent me from turning up on the day :evil:
There have been cash sales at all the home games this season. Also with online booking you can buy your ticket in advance with a credit/debit card and your card will be activated for your chosen game. I may be the only one but I think the card system isn't too bad.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Quick question,

Can anyone give me a good pub for away fans at Putney BR (I beleive that is the station to go to) which also allows kids in? Big thanks to anyone who can help me out.
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

Can't remember the name of the pub but if you turn left out of the station the first pub you come to is always full of west ham. If it's not pissing it down the majority stand outside cos the pub's tiny. Am sure i've seen plenty of kids there in the past.

Anyone else help me with the name?
KFC Kirky

Post by KFC Kirky »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote:Can't remember the name of the pub but if you turn left out of the station the first pub you come to is always full of west ham. If it's not pissing it down the majority stand outside cos the pub's tiny. Am sure i've seen plenty of kids there in the past.

Anyone else help me with the name?
Its called the Eight Bells I think. If its just before Putney Bridge.