Fulham 1 West Ham Utd 2 (17/09/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The_Upton_Larker

Post by The_Upton_Larker »

daniel wrote:Not the best of games............
Really? Just heard the so-called 'expert' on the radio claim it was the best game of football he's seen all season.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

The_Upton_Larker wrote: Really? Just heard the so-called 'expert' on the radio claim it was the best game of football he's seen all season.
Open end to end stuff with both teams sitting fairly deep and attacking, though the final balls were really quite poor. Both teams getting themselves into good positions, but the end product was quite poor for the most part. Could have been six-a-piece to be fair.
Trevor_Morley

Post by Trevor_Morley »

I thought we were great for the first hour, then awful for the last 30 minutes. After the hour, the players looked tired, played a lot of long balls, some of the passing was dreadful, there were some sloppy offsides. I thought some of Etheringtons play was very poor today.

But... All that aside, I'm absolutely delighted!! :D
hermolt

Post by hermolt »

Seriously, it's great to get these points early on - I see us dropping points in November as pitches get heavier, injuries take their toll, Teddy gets knackered etc etc. But I do hope we sign Benni in January, granted we haven't played the best of defences but imagine us with him and Marlon up front...
Westgrove

Post by Westgrove »

AP post match comments:

Link

:doff:
Roffers
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Roffers »

hermolt wrote:Seriously, it's great to get these points early on - I see us dropping points in November as pitches get heavier, injuries take their toll, Teddy gets knackered etc etc. But I do hope we sign Benni in January, granted we haven't played the best of defences but imagine us with him and Marlon up front...
Exactly how I feel. 25 more points on the board, and then I'll be a lot happier.
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

Spot on post Hermolt and Rof..... :crest: :worthy: :pards:
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

does anyone know which is sky's game of the day at 8.30pm?
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Bound to be Chelski but ****ing great result. Well done Pards and who'd drop Marlene now?
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

one fine morning.... wrote:does anyone know which is sky's game of the day at 8.30pm?
Charlton-Chelsea
Fishbone

Post by Fishbone »

Just got back from the game today, what a fantastic game. Don't know what Sky are playing at, as I doubt the Charlton - Chelsea game was better than this.
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

Chippenhammer wrote:Bound to be Chelski but f*cking great result. Well done Pards and who'd drop Marlene now?
not me, and not if he doesn't score for the next six games.

well said.
Bishnu

Post by Bishnu »

Result aside, was it really that an entertaining game? Thought I heard someone mention game of the seaon so far. Couldn't get to the radio today.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Just got back - really pleased - first 20 was like Villa - quite even - Malbranque was passing through us quite a bit an dthey had some neat triangles that left Tomas and Konch exposed a few times but Roy looked unbeatable and Danny and Anton were outstanding - by half-time we were more than even and it was a good footballing game with us showing that bit more flair than them - we were a bit quicker and brighter - just like against Villa - didn't look like an away game at all - and then second half marlon's speed and his strength turned them over - we kept backing off their attacking midfield palyers a bit too much all game and I think that's how Boa Morte got his goal - but after that Fulham seemed to lose their way - some good changes from Pards and by the end we looked the more likely to score -
not sure what was the best chant today - "you only drink white wine" or "we're going to win the league"!!
:D
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Anyone think my prediction was any good??

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49311

8-)
SL

Post by SL »

kthammer wrote:Just got back - really pleased - first 20 was like Villa - quite even - Malbranque was passing through us quite a bit an dthey had some neat triangles that left Tomas and Konch exposed a few times but Roy looked unbeatable and Danny and Anton were outstanding - by half-time we were more than even and it was a good footballing game with us showing that bit more flair than them - we were a bit quicker and brighter - just like against Villa - didn't look like an away game at all - and then second half marlon's speed and his strength turned them over - we kept backing off their attacking midfield palyers a bit too much all game and I think that's how Boa Morte got his goal - but after that Fulham seemed to lose their way - some good changes from Pards and by the end we looked the more likely to score -
not sure what was the best chant today - "you only drink white wine" or "we're going to win the league"!!
:D
`

Well summed up mate, thats pretty much how I saw the match aswell.

A great day out. Thank you West Ham
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

oi oi!

Post by w4hammer »

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:38 am Post subject: yeah
...its too close to call..on form we should be able to beat them after a tough battle, but when has that made any difference?!

ive just loaded up on marlon to score first and us to win 2-1 60-1...worth a punt I say! _______________________________________________________________________

oh god i'm loving it-- I had a tenner on this at 60-1!!.....fantastic performance--thought Carroll pulled off at least three match saving leaps today-two at crucial stage in the first half...... thought matty and yossi both looked tired today...they were a bit off the pace... NRC just went on and on and on..MOTM by a yard or two...Anton and Paul K looked like they'd been doing it for years lol..the only worry was when he brought Yossi off and newton on and 5 in the middle--we were all over the shop for ten mins-then they scored....everyone was givon it here we go, but we steadied the ship an d got a priceless 3 away points, got rid of the away win hooodoo, sang our hearts out.....i really cant believe this.

right, im off to chase some ol' slappers round Metropolis and then down to Fabric to twist my head around a few times....COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!
ironfergie

Post by ironfergie »

i was in a box today in the fulham end which was very hard because i couldnt sing but i got a fair few dirty looks from the crown when i celabrated when we scored, well done all west ham fans today for making your presence felt west ham fans were the only fans i could hear today well done guys you did us proud
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Fantastic day out, nice pub on the river on the **** side, a leisurely stroll the the ground, great match and we're 4th.

Thank you West Ham

Going to get bladdered up town now :wink:
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

It was a fantastic day out, a leisurely stroll to and from the ground along the Thames. A great match. 1st class support from the travelling Hammers. We are 4th