West Ham Utd 0 Arsenal 0 (24/09/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Would love to see what the Arsenal fans say about todays game, anyone got a link??
highbury hammer
Location: Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico (5000 miles from the library)
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by highbury hammer »

bluebutterfly wrote:Would love to see what the Arsenal fans say about todays game, anyone got a link??
http://www.cheatingwhingingjohnnycomela ... forum.html
Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen such a negative performance from them. Defending our corners in the second half I noticed they had their entire team in their penalty area. Even sides like Gillingham had a man on the half way line FFS. Hopefully it's a sign that we're to be taken seriously (actually that's not such a good thing - oh well, take it as a back-handed compliment 8-) ).
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt

Post by bluebutterfly »

Highbury Hammer you thought about changing your name ;)
highbury hammer
Location: Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico (5000 miles from the library)
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by highbury hammer »

bluebutterfly wrote:Highbury Hammer you thought about changing your name ;)
Many times, but remember the emphasis is on the second word :wink:
Chill_The_Kill
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Chill_The_Kill »

Wooohoooooo

I am drunk, have no voice and enjoyed every ****ing minute of that, from nearly getting nicked at UP station for mouthing off to a **** of a Cozzer who was loooking for a ruck right through to gettign lost trying to find The Black Lion, getting there after the game only to find no **** from KUMB was there and it was so rammo I broke my phone.

IRONS IRONS IRONS
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes

Post by Vince »

Just seen the game over her on Fox.
Thought the back line was very solid,especially Danny. Hayden played well again,
Reo was full of energy,but he does seem to want to take that extra second on the ball and get's caught now and again,two wide men caused them problems but would have liked Ethers to take his his man on even more than he did.
Two front men played okay,thought Zammo looked lively when he came on.
Carroll gives a calmining influence befind the young back four.
All in all good performance,great result.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes

Post by Vince »

Just seen the game over her on Fox.
Thought the back line was very solid,especially Danny and Konch. Hayden played well again,
Reo was full of energy,but he does seem to want to take that extra second on the ball and get's caught now and again,two wide men caused them problems but would have liked Ethers to take his his man on even more than he did.
Two front men played okay,thought Zammo looked lively when he came on.
Carroll gives a calmining influence befind the young back four.
All in all good performance,great result.
Bryant4114
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

echo in here?

it may be because of the noise the DM/Centenary corner makes but i didnt hear the Arsenal "fans" at all
movieweb

Post by movieweb »

Watching the game on TV here in the States I was generally pretty pleased with our performance, particularly our defence. I think Pardew deserves serious praise for making our defence, which for so long has looked like Swiss cheese, into a pretty solid chunk of cheddar.

In midfield, we looked pretty good but up front both teams looked like they were at a party waiting for the guest of honor to arrive. And he didn't.

I wish Harewood would stop wandering onto the wing and just stay in the center and mix it up in the six yard box. That's where he shines. That's where we need him. That's where he scores goals.

A creditable result, a fine point. But how would we have managed with Henry and Bergkamp in the lineup? Well, I suspect our defence would have been tested even more ... and we would have stood firm.

Come on, you Irons!
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

Pretty even game, I thought - it's a mark of how far we've come that I'm disappointed that we didn't win.

After a pPretty hair start (Hleb and van Persie were tying us in knots), we generally coped pretty well. Who knows, if any of the two cast iron penalties (and that's not including either of the handballs :evil: ) had been given, we might well have taken them.

Still - good result - happy that we've played our first good team, and come away with a point. Should give the lads plenty of confidence for the rest.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Kludgehammer wrote: Still - good result - happy that we've played our first good team, and come away with a point.

3rd good team in my opinion. 2nd was Newcastle (look at them now) and 3rd was Villa (look at them today).

I'm certainly not being fed all this 'easy fixtures so far' bollox that some are being led to believe. (not saying you are mate :wink: )

Next these teams will be bemoaning their luck that their club has been desimated by injuries blah blahh bollox. No excuses in my book - happens to us all and is totally swings and roundabouts! I didn't, like many Hammer fans, use the convenient excuse of injuries when we got relegated and hit terrible luck during our relegation season, when we had out all our top line strike force let alone the rest of the team and was forced to play Piercey up front alone! Deal with it...

I'm a hard ****ing task master ain't I? :lol: 8-)
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

Adam 'The Smudge' wrote:I reckon a 0-0.
They will crowd us out and we won't give them the space to exploit us.
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Thought it was strange that Match of the Day didn't show the 1st half penalty appeal or the "foul" by Marlon on Campbell. I would love to see that again.
Rob
Trying hard to get a tag

Post by Rob »

Played football this morning. Two gooners there. Got to say to them - one at a time - "Good point for you yesterday then." And just watched their faces as they realised they had f*** all to say. Classic.
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

IRONS! :crest:

Fantastic effort from the lads. :)

We attacked Arsenal from the start of the game until the end and really could of won the game.

I would say Arsenal had the better of the first half and we had much the better of the second half.

Our defence was amazing and Arsenal never really got through.

Should of had at least one penalty (possibly even two) and Mike Dean was shocking and I'm telling you now he must be the most biased Arsenal ref in the Premiership.
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Rob wrote:Played football this morning. Two gooners there. Got to say to them - one at a time - "Good point for you yesterday then." And just watched their faces as they realised they had f*ck all to say. Classic.
The girl I took with me yesterday was an Arsenal fan and was pissed off at the final whistle, I turned to her and said "I don't see why you're upset, you just got a credible draw against a team above you in the table"

A face like thunder greeted me
Last edited by Joe C on Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BonzoBonkers
Yellow card - abuse

Post by BonzoBonkers »

Joe C wrote: The girl I took with me yesterday was an Arsenal fan and was pissed off at the final whistle and said "I don't see why you're upset, you just got a credible draw against a team above you in the table"A face like thunder greeted me
:D fabulous comment and TRUE :lol:
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

Posh Iron

Post by Posh Iron »

Adam 'The Smudge' wrote:
How much did you have on it Smudge??
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2362 likes

Post by Ozza »

they must be gutted as their title dreams are bolloxed!!!

To be honest I ****ing hope they sort it out, I cant be doing with those ****ing twats from the West pissing the league and that Fat twat lording it up everywhere.......actually let em beat everyone until the 2nd Jan, and then their bad run starts :lol: