West Ham Utd 0 Arsenal 0 (24/09/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer in China

Post by Hammer in China »

Italian Hammer wrote: Had to pay though as it wasn't scheduled on Sky sports 1 or 3.

Have to say italian commentators are a lot better than those we have to put up with back in the UK. Very unbiased, well-informed and don't the kiss ar@e of the so-called big teams 8-)
Gotta be better than The Chinese "Sun Ji Hai" commentators I have to listen to ........seriously ...........wtf do they have to mention sun ji bloody hai during every & any live Prem game .....gets right on my tits it does .......
maltab

Post by maltab »

Watched the game via Football Live -
What has impressed me this season is the fact that the players seem so much fitter,they are chasing every ball and not giving up.Hats off to the players and Pards,but lets not forget those fitness coaches.
Up to third now :D
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

What ? Any game even if he aint playing? Thats sad.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Who would have thought that we would get a nil nil at home to Arsenal pushing us to 3rd in the Premier League and I feel slightly disappointed that we didnt get the 3 points but still what a start to the season im more ****ed off with Wigan winning again :evil:

But **** it come on you Irons! Making me so proud 8-)
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 775 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Just watched the whole game. Stirring stuff throughout and a well-deserved result. I thought they just about looked the more dangerous side early on, though we were buzzing a bit at times in the second half.

I think they planned to attack Konchesky and after being under a lot of early pressure, he totally killed off that threat. As others have said, gabbidon was magnificent throughout and my MOM. Reo-Coker didn't have the influence he sometimes has, but taking into account the opposition, you have to say the whole team worked bloody hard and made me proud to be a hammer (again)
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 775 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Gabers wrote:Who would have thought that we would get a nil nil at home to Arsenal pushing us to 3rd in the Premier League and I feel slightly disappointed that we didnt get the 3 points but still what a start to the season im more ****ed off with Wigan winning again :evil:

But **** it come on you Irons! Making me so proud 8-)
I see what you mean, but Everton=Crisis Club= :lol:
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Would be a dream come true to see the Toffees go down. I think that if they slipped through the trap door they would be there for about 4-5 years. God I hate Everton.
fleetyfoot
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by fleetyfoot »

P.G TIPS A.Pe wrote:Have it on good authority, "not from a steward" That Aalliadiere has a hernia that needs surgery and not a groin problem, Pards isn't very impressed with this as he has had this when he arrived at UP.

Looks like it'll be a good game though, and i think we can sneak something from it to.
1-1, but it could go either way
COME ON YOU IRONS
Aliadiere has recurring problems with hernias. He's had at least two already and missed good chunks of seasons with them. Also he has already blown out his knee and missed part of a season over that. His injuries are a main reason the Arsenal don't want him. If he has a hernia again it's not a good sign.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Just got back and the refereeing in that game was appalling. We didnt get a single decision until about an hour gone. should of had at least one penalty.

Makes you laugh, Wenger goin on about attacking football, takes off a striker and puts on a left back
dmyeo66

Post by dmyeo66 »

Bryant4114 wrote:Just got back and the refereeing in that game was appalling. We didnt get a single decision until about an hour gone. should of had at least one penalty.

Makes you laugh, Wenger goin on about attacking football, takes off a striker and puts on a left back
Watched on pc and we could on another day have had 2 pens and saw their keeper sent off!!
I have seen homer refs but awayer refs?????
mattandbenny

Post by mattandbenny »

Ratings anyone?
Bryant4114
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Wengers unbelievable, going on about teh chances they created and how we should be happy with a point.

They got a point because theyre arsenal and the ref was a blind c***
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I thought the ref mike dean was awful, he must be an arsenal supporter, blatent handball by ashley cole just before half time at the end of the 1st half, then a blatent pen in the 2nd, gabbidon and anton were blinding, as were repka and konchesky, ehterington didnt't really have a good game as he seems to be lacking in confidence, but yossi was good 1st half...

...all in all a good performance and result i'd say.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Just got back - very enjoyable game tho not a classic as both teams worked too hard - what impressed me was the way that when the Arsen threatened to get on top of us or when some refereeing decisions went against us or when we missed a couple of chances in a row we didn't lose concentration.
Carroll 7- not much to do but a better kicker than Lehmann!
Konch - 8 - really superb dogged defending and better attacking than Ashley
Repka - 7 - silly booking but solid again
Danny - 8 - outstanding on the deck and in the air
Anton - 7 - occaisionally off the pace but solid again
Yossi - 8- he heads, he tackles and he beats people for fun
Nigel - 7 - tireless driving game - gave the ball away a bit much but heroic.
Hayden - 7 - possibly his best game - covered all the ground and used possession well
Matty - 7 - getting back to form, really gave them problems but lacked killer shot/pass
Teddy - 7 - most likely to score but lacks the edge
Marlon - 7 - really worked hard for himself and looked to have the beating of them but no real cast-iron chances

Bobby looked massive when he came on and should'[ve put away the header - could've done with him 10 minutes earlier.

Really good day at the office - the Arse weren't in top form but they are still very very slick and we did more than live with them today, we actually looked fresher and faster at times.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

so

Post by w4hammer »

..the geezer in fron of me said " jesus you wouldnt believe what we're seeing here this time last year" i said" I wouldn't have belived it at the start of the season"

I think we did a great job of not getting suckered- we made them work ****ing hard, think the draw was about the right result-apart from two bang-up pens' and bobby's late miss :?

Konch was MOTM by a mile IMHO...although all the defence did good im not sure i remember either keeeper needing to do any real saves...top fun..bring them all on now!

I like the look of that alexander hleb i have to say :o
D&G

Post by D&G »

We are so good at the moment that after the game the players probably went into the dressing room angry they didn't win it.
What a change from a year ago.
DMC

Post by DMC »

We definatly gave them a lot of space, but played well mind you.

I thought the Crowd got behind the team during the game, loved it when all the West Ham sang ' England, England' and when Arsenal fans started singing, we all replied ' Who the f**king hell are you?'

Funniest thing had to be during 2nd half, Ashley Cole was getting the ball from the crowd near the Dugout, an old man shouts out ' Oi, 'aint any of your team got AIDS yet, from all the raping you were doing?'

i tried getting the chants ' Team fille with Rapist's, your just a team filled with Rapist's...' and when Van Persie missed, to the tune of you couldnt score in a brothel ' Score with a women, you couldnt score with a women, score with women, so you f**king rape them'
Pony UTD

Post by Pony UTD »

Did anyone else notice Tony McNulty M.P.( M.P. for my area, Harrow) in the Doc Marten upper tier?

Minister for Immigration and Tony Blairs 'enforcer'.

Gooner or Hammer I wonder :?:
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

How Lauren's wrestling with Matty from a Yossi cross at end of 1st half wasn't a pen I never know. Gooners remind me of us 3-4 years back trying to score a perfect goal. No one seemed to want to take responsibility of shooting.

Arsenal minus Henry are pants. Sure they still play good football but there is no cutting edge.

Funniest moment was when "Quincy" came on - everyone in BML wanted to know where the hell Sam was.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2368 likes

Post by Ozza »

great result and great work by the boys.

Just got backed and im knackered, dont think ive ever shouted as much or maybe im just getting older.

Thought gabbidon was the best player on the pitch today, he was the bollox, for them hleb looked awesome!!

Started getting paniky in the second half when we continually gave the bal away and dropped off!!!

Well done Pards superb stuff