Manchester City 2 West Ham Utd 1 (16/10/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Tommy-tiger

Manchester City 2 West Ham Utd 1 (16/10/05)

Post by Tommy-tiger »

Hey guys it'n now less than a week away who do you think will play and what will be the formation. Will Pardew rest any players?
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

As long as every one is fit,i see our normal 4-4-2 with these players:

Caroll/Shaka
Repka Anton Gabs Konc
Yossi Mullins Reo Ethers
Marlene Teddy/Bobby

It is going to be a tough game,but with them missing Sincs i think we can sneak this one 2-1.
Marlene & Ethers for us,Distin for them.
PaoloD
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by PaoloD »

Shaka

Repka Anton Gabbers Konch

Yossi Reo Coker Mullins Ethers

Marlon Bobby

-----------------------------------

- Carroll's out so in comes Shaka. Hopefully he'll prove any doubters wrong.

- Ethers on borrowed time if you ask me. Been underpeforming so he's due an good game and what better player to terrorize than Danny Mills.

- Could easily be Teddy but I'm hoping Pards gives Bobby the nod. Should better suited to a tussle with Distin and Dunne than Sheringham.

- 3 weeks ago I'd tip us to win. The pessimistist in me says we'll be lucky to get a point. Shaka getting to know his defence for the first time will be hard pressed to keep a clean sheet versus a rejuvanated Cole and Vassell. Will need the midfield to show up, which they certainly didn't at SOL, to stand a chance.

- Prediction. 1-1 i hope. :D More likely 2-1 to them :(
jim(mcfc)

Post by jim(mcfc) »

Tough game sunday i think.You've punched above your weight i think upto now and you may get found out at our place.I predict a close game,but your lack of quality may show.2-0 to City unless that swine Sheringham plays and he'll probably score to spice it up a little. :)
Tommy-tiger

Post by Tommy-tiger »

jim(mcfc) wrote:Tough game sunday i think.You've punched above your weight i think upto now and you may get found out at our place.I predict a close game,but your lack of quality may show.2-0 to City unless that swine Sheringham plays and he'll probably score to spice it up a little. :)
I think thats a bit unfair mate. First off Anton and Gabs have been two of the best quality centre-backs in the prem so far. And midfield wise:

Musampa + Barton + Ireland + Sibierski = Yossi

Oh and we also have the current U21 captain and future England captain.

Oh and i suppose last but certainly not least because he has scored the same amount of goals as Vassell and Cole put together... The one and only Marlene Harewood!

Seriosly mate we are not lacking in quality its the experience factor IMO.

I still reckon it's gonna be a very close game but i think we will sneak it 1-2!

Oh and i forgot we still have the magical talent of Mr. Edward Sheringham.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

jim(mcfc) wrote:Tough game sunday i think.You've punched above your weight i think upto now and you may get found out at our place.I predict a close game,but your lack of quality may show.2-0 to City unless that swine Sheringham plays and he'll probably score to spice it up a little. :)

Takes one to know one. And don't even bother to deny it. :wink:

I feel you may win also on Sunday, although I'd happily acceot a draw right now.

A win wouldn't be beyond us, especially if your team doesn't take care of a certain Mr. Benayoun. He is to be under-estimated at your peril.

I think Pearcey may well get a decent reception from our lot travelling North. 8-)
jim(mcfc)

Post by jim(mcfc) »

Our midfield has been quality mate.Sibierski has been covering for Cole upfront and not played midfield,also Reyna in place of Ireland and he's been having a good season much to my amazement i might add.Barton has been bossing the midfield and should do again sunday--i hope.As for young Ferdinand he has aquitted himself well,but as you know wily old foxes like Andy Cole can make a monkey out of the best.That goes for Teddy aswell,now he is a wily old fox,keep him on the bench i say.
Tommy-tiger

Post by Tommy-tiger »

jim(mcfc) wrote:Our midfield has been quality mate.Sibierski has been covering for Cole upfront and not played midfield,also Reyna in place of Ireland and he's been having a good season much to my amazement i might add.Barton has been bossing the midfield and should do again sunday--i hope.As for young Ferdinand he has aquitted himself well,but as you know wily old foxes like Andy Cole can make a monkey out of the best.That goes for Teddy aswell,now he is a wily old fox,keep him on the bench i say.
Yeah fair enough mate! The only way to find out is on Sunday!!
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1330 likes
Total likes: 797 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Good to see we're still being underestimated. It's all part of Pardew's masterplan. :wink:

I see a draw written all over this, perhaps 1 each. When I've seen City this season they've looked combative, well-organized and quite sharp up front, a bit like us. Especially interesting will be to see which of the Premierships two most promising young midfielders wins the day - NRC or Barton.

So, 1-1 (Vassell, Benayoun)
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

dont ask why, because i no they have DJ in goal, but im going for a highly unexpected 3-1 to the hammers :? dont know why, dont know how, just if it happens i will be really suprised 8-)

Hopefully the mancs have been putting in extra pratice on the training ground hitting the woodwork
noble art

Post by noble art »

i will take a draw to keep our unbeaten away record intact,but it will be tough
1-1 yossi again
SL

Post by SL »

Anyone know why Reo-Coker didnt play for the U21's against Austria ?
resus

Post by resus »

PaoloD wrote:Shaka

Repka Anton Gabbers Konch

Yossi Reo Coker Mullins Ethers

Marlon Bobby

-----------------------------------

- Carroll's out so in comes Shaka. Hopefully he'll prove any doubters wrong.

- Ethers on borrowed time if you ask me. Been underpeforming so he's due an good game and what better player to terrorize than Danny Mills.

- Could easily be Teddy but I'm hoping Pards gives Bobby the nod. Should better suited to a tussle with Distin and Dunne than Sheringham.

- 3 weeks ago I'd tip us to win. The pessimistist in me says we'll be lucky to get a point. Shaka getting to know his defence for the first time will be hard pressed to keep a clean sheet versus a rejuvanated Cole and Vassell. Will need the midfield to show up, which they certainly didn't at SOL, to stand a chance.

- Prediction. 1-1 i hope. :D More likely 2-1 to them :(
Agree with team. I think that Shaka will do a good job. I also expect Bobby to score. (Looked sharp when he came on against Sunderland.) Hopefully a goal will be enough for us to grab some points. A tough game it will be. Come on you Irons!
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

SL wrote:Anyone know why Reo-Coker didnt play for the U21's against Austria ?
http://www.kumb.com/0506_story.php?id=11279

Hope this clears it up for you mate.
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

SL wrote:Anyone know why Reo-Coker didnt play for the U21's against Austria ?
Picked up a slight ankle injury v the mackems. Will be back for tonights game.
SL

Post by SL »

Cheers fellas.
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

I will happily take away draws and home wins all season against the likes of Citeh and the Mackems, and expect to lose against the big boys.

We will be beaten away from home eventually; but the longer we can preserve our unbeaten run, the safer we will be at the end of the season; and that it all that's required this year.

Don't agree with the puching above our weight bit. We have deserved all our results so far, with the exception of Sunderland where we were lucky, and Bolton, when we were not.

Also, as pointed out above, our team are young and inexperienced, but not lacking in quality. I bet every team manager in the country is gutted that they didn't spot Yossi before us; the fact that the boy not only snubbed Fat Sam but then endorsed to the world what an arrogant ****er he is is the icing on the cake. Rumours this week say Liverpool are ready to offer £15m for Anton Ferdinand. Hardly smacks of a lack of quality to me, neither the Konch for England rumours. OK Teddy is already booked into the nursing home for next season but the fact you fear he will pop up and score against you says something. We also have the nucleus of the Welsh defence, two highly experienced Premiership keepers and the Scottish captain sitting on the bench. Don't forget the England U-21 Captain as well.

I don't see an easy game for us at Man C, but a 1-1 will do me fine.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

I'd be very happy with a draw against City.
Sadly, I think we'll lose though. I just hope Sunderland and the likes lose their matches as well and leave a status quo between us and the other teams tipped for relegation.
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Think this will be the tightest game we've had so far. I'm going to go for 2-2
Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Man City have had a similar generous helping hand from the fixtures computer and have only managed to get an extra two points having played one extra game. There's nothing to be afraid of from them -their an ordinary team without anyone who can set the game alight like Reo or Yossi. I think Pearces tactical naivety gets exposed against clubs with a bit of nouse but he manages to send them out there with plenty of passion and commitment.

We'll get at least a draw and maybe more.