Manchester City 2 West Ham Utd 1 (16/10/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dmyeo66

Re: Players Appraisal so far

Post by dmyeo66 »

Post Horn Gallop wrote:CARROLL; some great stops but he doesn't command the area as he should Verdict; not the complete package. So who?
REPKA; goodbye and thank you as above who?
KONCHESKY: 100 percent everytime agree
MULLINS: still looks like a championship player mmm bit harsh but I see where you are coming from, I give Noble a run in the team instead
REO COCKER; great engine but can.t pass a ball normally better than yesterday
ANTON FERDINAND: beginning to play like his brother, far too casual needs a kick up the backside. again harsh I feel as he was trying to cover Repka
GABBIDON: we would be in deep ***** if it wern't for this fellow, brilliant. agree
YOSSI : Has got to play central behind the front two, build the team around this player. well said
ETHERINGTON: see MULLINS Not up to premiership standard. Matty needs to be dropped and have a run in the ressies to sort himself out.SHERINGHAM: Thanks for your help and advice, goodbye. Agree
HAREWOOD : See MULLINS AND ETHERINGTON. Ist touch bloody useless cant head a ball. It is poor his first touch, but maybe a place on the bench for the next game will sharpen him upZAMORA: Give the kid a run I think he will prove to be a great centre forward, with Yossi behind him.
For definate.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Very unfair on Carroll he has has a good season
BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

I know what some are getting at when they say Carroll doesn't quite command the box - however, it's that or ****ting yourself every time we concede a corner with Shaka... Hobson's choice!
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Claretdave wrote: But we finished 5th under Harry and got into Europe and.............. :wink:

I disagree. I think our first priority should be keeping hold of the ball in the final third. All too often today a player got a pass then gave it away cheaply. Nobody is going to play a "killer" pass every time but it is better to hold on for a slow build up rather than try a very chancey ball every time.
Totally agree with that point. City were so much more comfortable on the ball than us. But they have had a few seasons in the Prem now so have more experience at this level, where playing at home and are flying at the moment so had their tails up. I never really thought that we settled, but still there no need to panic yet.

Carrol - 6 Solid enough but handling wasn't great (has that thumb not healed properly?) and a bit suspect from corners and set pieces IMO
Repka - 2 Caught out of position for the first goal and numerous other times. A real mare.
Konchesky - 7 Got forward well and solid at the back. Surely a call up instead of P. Neville is in the offing?
Gabbidon - 8 Our MOTM. So solid at the back and had to cover for Anton numerous times.
Ferdinand - 6 Got caught out far too many times today. Needs to start concentrating more
Benayoun - 7 Very tricky and skilful but also battles hard for a little man
Mullins - 5 Not at his best but was always available and kept the ball moving
Reo-Coker - 6 Run his socks off but with no end product. Rally needs to work on this, I was hoping we would have gone someway to curing this problem over the summer. If he can find an end product will be an awesome player
Ethers - 5 Still not at his best. Will be struggling to retain his place with Bellion and Aliadiere waiting in the wings
Sheringham - 3 Dire. Done nothing of any real note. Must be dropped and replaced by Zamora.
Harewood - 7 Done his and Teddy's running. Wasted 2 chances in the first half as he didn't use his left foot though. Showed some real glimpses of skill but needs to play with a goalscorer in front of him

Subs;

Dailly - 4 Not much better than Repka. A better holding player than defender
Zamora - 7 Came on and looked bright and holds the ball up well. I much prefer the look of us when Harewood plays off him. His diagonal run, touch and finish for the goal was superb. Real instinct.
Newton - 5 Didn't really get involved in the game
D&G

Post by D&G »

SO two bad performances is this the turn of form we have all secretly dreaded? I hope not but if I was a WHU defender I would be mighty pissed off right now because they have worked there bollox off the last two games trying to keep the Hammers still in the game. How much pressure can a defence handle in 90mins??
Things HAVE TO CHANGE. Pardew left it to late to make changes last night and by the time he did we were 2-0 down.
Amsterhammer said that Teddy should of come off at halftime TRUE,Kennet said Teddy shouldn't even start TRUE,Mokum said he had a great holiday probably TRUE.
Ethers needs to be dropped,Teddy needs to be dropped,Pardew needs a striker in Jan,Yossi HAS to be in a more forward position because lets face it he is our most dangerous player right now,Goal bonanza by Harewood earlier then its all dried up again he needs to be more consistent,Zman has to start and finally
COME ON YOU IRONS
Post Horn Gallop

Re: Players Appraisal so far

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

dmyeo66 wrote: For definate.