LC3: Bolton Wanderers 1 West Ham Utd 0 (26/10/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

loveboatcaptain
Yellow card - abuse

LC3: Bolton Wanderers 1 West Ham Utd 0 (26/10/05)

Post by loveboatcaptain »

A good opportunity to give reserves/kids a run out I think. Bellion, Fletch, Collins, Clarke etc. Perhaps we can find another left winger to give Ethers a run for his money.
Norbert_Up_Norf
Location: Chav Corner, St James Park, Newcastle (a long way from home)

Re: Bolton - West Ham Match Thread

Post by Norbert_Up_Norf »

loveboatcaptain wrote:A good opportunity to give reserves/kids a run out I think. Bellion, Fletch, Collins, Clarke etc. Perhaps we can find another left winger to give Ethers a run for his money.
Maybe so, but a win would be even better.

Bolton are in the middle of a mass of games in a short timespell and are going to be putting a weakened team out, I say we take full advantage and go for it.

Yes the league's more important, but I don't see any reason why we can't do well in a cup this year, so why not have a go.

Let them see Yossi in full flight on their home patch I say!

For me:

Shaka

Gabbidon (RB)
Collins/Ward
Ferdinand
Clarke

Alliadiere (LM)
Mullins
Reo Coker
Newton

Yossi
Zamora

2-0 to us.
sledge hammer

Post by sledge hammer »

I'd like to see yossi save his strength for liverpool. perhaps yossi can start off on the bench with pards waiting for developments.
loveboatcaptain
Yellow card - abuse

Post by loveboatcaptain »

See, I disagree. Whilst a cup run would be nice, I think its a good opp. to give the reserves a run out, who with a good performance, may force their way into Pardew's plans. So, my team would be:

Shaka
Dailly Collins Ward Clarke
Newton Fletch Mullins Bellion
Alliadiere Zamora

Though I don't know if Alliadiere is fit yet? Have we got a reserve right back + left winger knocking on the door?
SL

Post by SL »

Id go with :

------------------------Shaka-------------------------

Newton-------Ward---------Collins---------Clarke

Bellion---------Dailly---------Fletcher--------Noble

---------------Aliadiere-------Bobby----------------
Norbert_Up_Norf
Location: Chav Corner, St James Park, Newcastle (a long way from home)

Post by Norbert_Up_Norf »

loveboatcaptain wrote:Though I don't know if Alliadiere is fit yet? Have we got a reserve right back + left winger knocking on the door?
I think Alliadiere IS fit

Reserve RB is Dailly based on recent subsitutions
Reserve LM is Williams based on the Sheff Wed match

My opinion is probably affected by the fact that I'm going and want to see some first teamers out there!
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

I'd like to see Marlon rested, with Bellion starting up top with the Z Man!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Re: Bolton - West Ham Match Thread

Post by Georgee Paris »

Norbert_Up_Norf wrote: Maybe so, but a win would be even better.

Bolton are in the middle of a mass of games in a short timespell and are going to be putting a weakened team out, I say we take full advantage and go for it.

Yes the league's more important, but I don't see any reason why we can't do well in a cup this year, so why not have a go.

Let them see Yossi in full flight on their home patch I say!

For me:

Shaka

Gabbidon (RB)
Collins/Ward
Ferdinand
Clarke

Alliadiere (LM)
Mullins
Reo Coker
Newton

Yossi
Zamora

2-0 to us.
I'd really like to see that team given a go.
Brooking's header

Post by Brooking's header »

Bolton have had a busy schedule recently and will probbally field a weakend side. I think we should field our first choice XI and go for the win. If we are lucky in the draws we could go on a fantastic run and even if we don't win the cup a semi-final place or runners-up would be fantastic for the club and fans. We don't expect to win at Anfield on Saturday so even if we the players are tired and we lose it wont be considered a major setback.
Last edited by Brooking's header on Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

We should try and win this cup, get in europe, id play

Shaka, Gabbidon Collins Ward Clarke, newton mullins yossi reid, zamora harewood

think this is the type of game to introduce kyle reid, been fantastic for the youth set up and this way gives a matty a rest. Harewood should start i think so he can try and score get his confidence up again.
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

our reserves v their reserves...2-0 whufc
Jobi Wan Kenobi

Post by Jobi Wan Kenobi »

I'd go 3-5-2

GK: Bywater

CB: Collins
CB: Ward
CB: Dailly

RWB: Newton
LWB: Clarke

CM: Noble
CM: Fletcher
CM: Cowley

CF: Zamora
CF: Aliadiere

Subs: Hislop, Bellion, Ephraim, Williams, Tomkins
leveller

Post by leveller »

For the sake of us poor bastards travelling up there I would appreciate it if we actually attempted to win this game. Besides that, for West Ham this season, the League Cup is at least as important as the Premiership as it may be our best chance of getting into Europe. Unlikely perhaps, but worth a try.

This is slightly different from playing Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton have already beaten us at home this season and they may also see the league cup as a route into Europe. If we are going to try a couple of changes we should make sure those replaced are on the bench.
mono

Post by mono »

Off Topic: Not been to the Reebok before, what is the best way to get there by train? Is it best to go to the station right next to the ground, or go to the station in bolton and catch a bus?
pdbis
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by pdbis »

Haven't got a scooby what team Pardew will put out,but I would be surprised if he were to play Hislop in goal with our golakeeping injuries at the moment.Bywater in goal and then ten other players.Would be good to have a good cup run but league is always number one especially in first year back.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

I'm sure Pardew will rest a few players. Reo-Coker has had a lot of football already this season, while Anton, Konchesky and maybe Newton all picked up knocks yesterday.

Not sure about the keeper. I suppose you're right that it would be wise to protect Shaka, but on the other hand it might do him good to have a bit of a work out - he didn't have that much to do against Boro.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Has Mikolanda recovered?
Hope to see him in Claret and Blue.
mattandbenny

Post by mattandbenny »

------------------------Hislop-------------------------

Repka--------Ward----------Collins----------Clarke

Newton-------Dailly---------Fletcher--------Cohen

-----------------Bellion--------Bobby-----------------
MancIron

FAO Mono

Post by MancIron »

Station next to the ground. Horwich Parkway. Bolton Town Centre is a good 30 minutes bus ride away.
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

leveller wrote:For the sake of us poor bastards travelling up there I would appreciate it if we actually attempted to win this game. Besides that, for West Ham this season, the League Cup is at least as important as the Premiership as it may be our best chance of getting into Europe.
Europe? Screw Europe ..

ALL that matters is staying in the Prem. So rest the first team - Reo, Anton and Yossi all need a break before the Liverpool game - and give a run-out to the reserve teamers. This keeps up their morale, because they know they'll keep playing as long as they stay in the competition, and it means they've got a bit of match-practice under their belts if they need to come into the First XI because of injury or suspension.