LC3: Bolton Wanderers 1 West Ham Utd 0 (26/10/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

wolf359
Has liked: 1588 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

k-r-c wrote: What about Bellion, got quite a few mentions on the radio?
Made of few good runs in the first half, didn't stand out to me at all.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Plodder wrote:In all fairness, 1-0 will do against anyone, the game was nothing special, was good to give the fringe players a run out.

Borgetti pulls it out for us again, he is looking more andmore like a great buy. Just wish Yossi would have put pen to paper as well. Oh well can't win everything.

Personally I would have put the academy team out against you, left the players for the important games. Like Charlton at the valley at the weekend or next Thursday against St.Petersburg rather than playing in a second rate competition which will just drain the players. Glad the other players played OK, nothing special on the park today apart from the result.

As Sam said. Job done. Next.
Another runners up medal........at best.
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

Robbie wrote: Another runners up medal........at best.

Which will be far more than we expect from this competition. Now the league is a different thing. Top 10 in that, last 16 in the FA cup and Quarter finals in Uefa. I tell you beyond most Bolton fans wildest dreams. And all achievable with our Big Sam :wink:

I am so glad, on this board it doesn't get down to personal abuse and name calling. The Pompey fans had a real go at our manager, not very nice at all.
Bolton Bazza

Post by Bolton Bazza »

if that is true that is a excellent turn out
I would say that you had around 1,000 up here tonight. As a comparison Spurs brought 3,000 up in the same competition last year. I know you lot like to think you have the best fans in the World but in reality you are far from it.
daveo
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by daveo »

My marks out of 10. Just back from game. Live in Manc by the way.

Shaka - 6 - Poss partly at fault for goal but pretty assured otherwise.

Clarke - 6 - Good debut IMO. Good on ball and got forward well.

Ward - 5 - Quite solid but distribution v poor.

Collins -8 - My MoM.Very strong and assured,good distribution and even looked a threat up front for the last 5 mins.

Repka - 6 - Decent game,a few good forward runs and crosses.

Dailly - 6 - Pretty good if unspectacular display.

Mullins -6 - As above.

Bellion -6 - Very dang in spells but not in game enough.

Konch - 7 - Good display in left midfield . Strong,determined,good passing.

Teddy - 6 - First half v influential,didn't waste a ball. Faded as game went on.

Marlon - 3 - Its this type of display that provokes the boo boys. Just didn't look interested and rightly booed off. Why is he like this from time to time ?

Subs - Aliadiere - couple of nice touches
Newton - worked hard for 15 mins. Williams - only on for 5 mins.

All in all a decent display although we missed Yossi's creativity badly. A 0-0 would've been fair to both sides. Bolton did what they do best. Scrap away,nick a goal and run out the clock.

Disappointing but not too downhearted at the display.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Bolton Bazza wrote: I would say that you had around 1,000 up here tonight. As a comparison Spurs brought 3,000 up in the same competition last year. I know you lot like to think you have the best fans in the World but in reality you are far from it.

700 more than you brought for a league game at upton park. ****ers then take a couple of thousand to a game abroad. **** club **** support.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Pretty rubbish game, we were better in the first half. Then Bolton dominated for a bit and got their goal, and could have got another too. Then the game died out, until the last 5 minutes or so when Collins went upfront and we looked quite threatening again.

Hislop - 6 - Kicking decent, probably could have done better with the goal.
Repka - 6 - Few good forward runs, but nothing at the end of them.
Ward - 7 - Defensively good, but messed up in possession a couple of times.
Collins - 8 - Same as Ward, but was better on the ball.
Clarke - 6 - Decent enough, him and Konchesky swapped positions a lot which worked OK, but I think he was beaten by Borgetti in the air for their goal.
Bellion - 7 - Few nice touches, few good runs, won a few in the air too. Good full debut.
Mullins - 6 - Did nothing of note.
Dailly - 6 - Didn't do much, except make one superb last ditch tackle.
Konchesky - 7 - Very good in the first half, and decent enough in the second.
Sheringham - 6 - Messed up a few passes and won a couple of headers.
Harewood - 5 - Had a bit of a mare, won one header and smashed a free kick 20 yards over. That was about it.

SUBS: Aliadiere - 6 - Did OK, but missed a crucial 1 on 1.
Newton - 5 - Barely touched it.
Fletcher - n/a - As above.
leveller

Post by leveller »

Bolton Bazza wrote:I would say that you had around 1,000 up here tonight. As a comparison Spurs brought 3,000 up in the same competition last year. I know you lot like to think you have the best fans in the World but in reality you are far from it.
I know for a fact the upper tier we were given tonight had a capacity of 1700. I also know for a fact there was barely an empty seat to be spotted. Additionally, you only took 1100 to Upton Park earlier this season and that was for a Premiership, weekend day time kick off. And by the way, how many Bolton fans actually turned out tonight?

I find it questionable to say the least that Tottenham took 3000 to Bolton for a 3rd round tie. In fact if you are telling me that I think you're talking b*llocks, a later round no doubt.

Just got back from the game, must say it was very disapointing the way we didn't bother putting up a fight after going 1-0 down. We were having more pressure before they scored. Overall a disapointing night, our players were applauded by some, can't see why personally. Not saying they should have been booed off the pitch, just that I didn't think anyone had a particularly good performance.

Aside from the attendance the atmosphere was amongst the worst I've ever heard at an away game, lets hope it picks up for Saturday.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Bolton Bazza wrote: I would say that you had around 1,000 up here tonight. As a comparison Spurs brought 3,000 up in the same competition last year. I know you lot like to think you have the best fans in the World but in reality you are far from it.
We have loyal fans.

We don't THINK we have the best fans in the world, we KNOW it
Relocated Hammer
No.1
Location: Manchester. Where they speak funny, look funny, dress funny and call lunch 'Dinner' - Weird

Post by Relocated Hammer »

k-r-c wrote: What about Bellion, got quite a few mentions on the radio?
I thought Bellion was absolute toilet mate :evil:
f*** im off back to Manure as soon as imo
Summed it up for me when was drafted back into midfield at the end and Collins shoved up front

Koncheski - quality !
Captain material for me, never gives up.
nanamoon

Post by nanamoon »

Maybe we are,but a lot closer then you methinks, is a bit rich a Bolton fan mocking our support when your gate was so piss poor.

A paltry 10,000 for this game seems rather meek to be honest
Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Post by Marky »

Its interesting that on radio and with Cottee they were saying Bellion was our best player but those that went (and whose view I place greater emphasis) said he was noithing special
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

I know for a fact the upper tier we were given tonight had a capacity of 1700. I also know for a fact there was barely an empty seat to be spotted. Additionally, you only took 1100 to Upton Park earlier this season and that was for a Premiership, weekend day time kick off. And by the way, how many Bolton fans actually turned out tonight?
As I said before you had 1,000 up here I'd say - maybe 1,200 max. Not saying that's poor or anything - in fact I think it's quite commendable - it's just that on here you always seem to be going on about how well supported you are, best fans in London and all that when it's just not true. I'm sure Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all would've brought up more than you did.
I find it questionable to say the least that Tottenham took 3000 to Bolton for a 3rd round tie. In fact if you are telling me that I think you're talking b*llocks, a later round no doubt.
Was the 3rd round last year, when they won 4-3 in extra time. Over 18,000 there to see the game with Spurs taking and selling 3,000 tickets.

As for our excuse about last night's poor attendance? I suppose the reasons are threefold. Firstly like many others we dont really take the competition seriously, secondly I guess it wasn't really seen as a glamour tie - after all we got over 18,000 for the same tie against Spurs last year and thirdly the club should've opted for a move like Sunderland's ticket pricing wise.

Anyway for those that missed the game last night, be they Bolton or West Ham, they didn't miss very much at all. Was a boring with few chances at either end. You had the better of the first half without really ever totally dominating and we had the better of the second again without really ever totally dominating. After we scored your lot seemed to just give up until the last few frantic minutes when you were hoofing long balls forward. On last night's evidence Konchesky was the only one of yours that we'd want and Nolan would probably have been the only one of ours that you'd want.
Adam 'The Smudge'

Post by Adam 'The Smudge' »

You've got some front.
Your turn out was derisory to say the least and as for the chavs in the corner........well lets just say they sum your club up to a 'T'.
That and the sorry way you play the game. You'll never know the meaning of 'style'.
And at what stage of the competition did Spurs visit you??
I bet it was further with more at stake.

Bolton = dog **** football/ plastic stadium/ **** pies and sorry support.
staines moore
Location: Staines , home of Carlton Cole and a few hardy West ham fans

Post by staines moore »

daveo wrote:My marks out of 10. Just back from game. Live in Manc by the way.

Shaka - 6 - Poss partly at fault for goal but pretty assured otherwise.

Clarke - 6 - Good debut IMO. Good on ball and got forward well.

Ward - 5 - Quite solid but distribution v poor.

Collins -8 - My MoM.Very strong and assured,good distribution and even looked a threat up front for the last 5 mins.

Repka - 6 - Decent game,a few good forward runs and crosses.

Dailly - 6 - Pretty good if unspectacular display.

Mullins -6 - As above.

Bellion -6 - Very dang in spells but not in game enough.

Konch - 7 - Good display in left midfield . Strong,determined,good passing.

Teddy - 6 - First half v influential,didn't waste a ball. Faded as game went on.

Marlon - 3 - Its this type of display that provokes the boo boys. Just didn't look interested and rightly booed off. Why is he like this from time to time ?

Subs - Aliadiere - couple of nice touches
Newton - worked hard for 15 mins. Williams - only on for 5 mins.

All in all a decent display although we missed Yossi's creativity badly. A 0-0 would've been fair to both sides. Bolton did what they do best. Scrap away,nick a goal and run out the clock.

Disappointing but not too downhearted at the display.
Agree totally with your assessment Marlon was absolutely dreadful couldn,t trap a bag of cement imo.

Collins was the highlight of the night really looked very good. Badly missed any creativity (Yossi) Mullins and Dailly definetly are not going to play for Brazil.

I got in at 03:50 this morning so your a lucky bugger living nearby .Did anyone find the Bolton w**ker with the drum after the game and shove it up his a*se. Good numbers but poor singing last night lots of families on half term. Nice to see lots of happy kids watching the Hammers I bet there were a few tired little uns asleep on the back seat last night on the Mway.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Haha - can't believe you lot took that bait last night :wink:

(also can't believe I forgot to log back in as Bolton Bazza this morning though - was going to keep that one going all morning as well :evil: )
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Luke (THFC) wrote: As I said before you had 1,000 up here I'd say - maybe 1,200 max. Not saying that's poor or anything - in fact I think it's quite commendable - it's just that on here you always seem to be going on about how well supported you are, best fans in London and all that when it's just not true. I'm sure Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all would've brought up more than you did.
Am I missing something here? why is a Spurs fan typing a post as if he is a Bolton fan??!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??!!??!! :?

Was the 3rd round last year, when they won 4-3 in extra time. Over 18,000 there to see the game with Spurs taking and selling 3,000 tickets.

As for our excuse about last night's poor attendance? I suppose the reasons are threefold. Firstly like many others we dont really take the competition seriously, secondly I guess it wasn't really seen as a glamour tie - after all we got over 18,000 for the same tie against Spurs last year and thirdly the club should've opted for a move like Sunderland's ticket pricing wise.

Anyway for those that missed the game last night, be they Bolton or West Ham, they didn't miss very much at all. Was a boring with few chances at either end. You had the better of the first half without really ever totally dominating and we had the better of the second again without really ever totally dominating. After we scored your lot seemed to just give up until the last few frantic minutes when you were hoofing long balls forward. On last night's evidence Konchesky was the only one of yours that we'd want and Nolan would probably have been the only one of ours that you'd want.
I Prefer Pepsi

Post by I Prefer Pepsi »

Any reasoning for lower attendance IMO is down to the fact we're going back there in The Premiership where we'll sell out and could easily take 3 times our allocation if the ground was bigger, and we also have another f*** off trip to Anfield 3 days later.

Not everyone can be arsed to go to that disgusting plastic ****hole twice and fair play to those that did.

Spurs and Bolton (who?) having a pop at West Ham's support. Truly laughable.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Spurs and Bolton (who?) having a pop at West Ham's support. Truly laughable.
IPP - both were me (as I just posted) was going to try to wind you up all morning before coming clean - but in true Pires fashion I ****ed it right up by forgetting that I set myself up to auto logon. I'll go and stand in the corner for the rest of the day!
GreenWitch Hammer

Post by GreenWitch Hammer »

Luke (THFC) wrote: IPP - both were me (as I just posted) was going to try to wind you up all morning before coming clean - but in true Pires fashion I f*cked it right up by forgetting that I set myself up to auto logon. I'll go and stand in the corner for the rest of the day!
:lol: :lol: