Liverpool 2 West Ham Utd 0 (29/10/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 662 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

As others have said there is no embarrasment in this result,losing to the European Champions at Ainfield is hardly shocking,roll on the Baggies.
To the fan who made it to Ainfield you make me proud every time boys & girls. :doff:
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

Pardew loves harewood!! Just cause hes big and strong, if he didnt have that great physical body, he would not even be looked at!! Hes got to be the worse finisher we got!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I must admit i would like to see harewood rested or given boot up the arse
yabush

Post by yabush »

Rediron wrote:Pardew loves harewood!! Just cause hes big and strong, if he didnt have that great physical body, he would not even be looked at!! Hes got to be the worse finisher we got!
I think he made the pace of our attack slow
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Just got back from watching the match. Very Depressing.
Shaka; brilliant
Repka: Brilliant
Anton: Fair, went missing a couple of times.
Gabbidon; Excellent as always
Konch: excellent
Yossi; looked to be struggling after his knock but gave his all.
Mullins; covering for Cocker most of the game
Reo Cocker: If he ever learns one touch football he'll be phenominal. Very poor today held onto the ball too much
Bellion; no heart bottled most of the time, thats the problem with on loan players
Harewood; I am not a racist but am fast becoming one, the man' s first touch is abysmal, he is a very average league one footballer. All this crap about he gives 100% , so do I but I can't play football either. Pardew must be shagging him.
Etherington; why bother.
ragedwhufan
Location: Sitting in the back row with Malcolm, on our way to Cardiff

Post by ragedwhufan »

yabush wrote:[I think Pards is not going to drop Harewood... :? :?

Look what happened after we all moaned about him last time...he came out and shut the lot of us fickle fools up by scoring a hatrick. Maybe Pardew is waiting for him to hit form again and hoping like we all are that his good form becomes consistant.

Question is how long does one wait for him to hit form again? What are our choices?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

May I point out that we are still 9th in the Premiership !
yabush

Post by yabush »

ragedwhufan wrote:
Look what happened after we all moaned about him last time...he came out and shut the lot of us fickle fools up by scoring a hatrick. Maybe Pardew is waiting for him to hit form again and hoping like we all are that his good form becomes consistant.

Question is how long does one wait for him to hit form again? What are our choices?
The probability for Harewood to have excellent performance as he did against Villa is quite low IMO
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

yeah he plays well once every 5 matches, this is the premiership now!
I dont mean to be harsh to Harewood, but we all cant just sit back and keep giving him the benifit of the doubt cause he just isnt a good finisher!

Sheringham needs another man who can finish and i think thats Alliadiere for the meanwhile, hopefully in January we can land Benni Mcarthy
yabush

Post by yabush »

Rediron wrote:yeah he plays well once every 5 matches, this is the premiership now!
I dont mean to be harsh to Harewood, but we all cant just sit back and keep giving him the benifit of the doubt cause he just isnt a good finisher!

Sheringham needs another man who can finish and i think thats Alliadiere to the meanwhile, hopefully in January we can land Benni Mcarthy
a new Left Midfielder is essential too
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Post Horn Gallop wrote:Just got back from watching the match. Very Depressing.
Shaka; brilliant
Repka: Brilliant
Anton: Fair, went missing a couple of times.
Gabbidon; Excellent as always
Konch: excellent
Yossi; looked to be struggling after his knock but gave his all.
Mullins; covering for Cocker most of the game
Reo Cocker: If he ever learns one touch football he'll be phenominal. Very poor today held onto the ball too much
Bellion; no heart bottled most of the time, thats the problem with on loan players
Harewood; I am not a racist but am fast becoming one, the man' s first touch is abysmal, he is a very average league one footballer. All this crap about he gives 100% , so do I but I can't play football either. Pardew must be shagging him.
Etherington; why bother.
No racism in saying he's not good enough mate. Only racist if you're referring to the colour of his skin while doing it (hello bloke two rows in front of me, I'm waving at you...)
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

left Midfielder in this moment in time would have to be Mark Noble for me!!
Theres not that many left sided midfielders i'm to keen on at the moment to buy!
Give Noble a chance, hes better than Etherington, look at Rooney hes about the same age, hes doing it in the premiership!!

COME ON MARK!! SHOW THE FANS THAT U CAN PLAY THE WEST HAM WAY ON THE LEFT!!
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

Rediron wrote:left Midfielder in this moment in time would have to be Mark Noble for me!!
Theres not that many left sided midfielders i'm to keen on at the moment to buy!
Give Noble a chance, hes better than Etherington, look at Rooney hes about the same age, hes doing it in the premiership!!

COME ON MARK!! SHOW THE FANS THAT U CAN PLAY THE WEST HAM WAY ON THE LEFT!!
Mush as I'd love to see Mark in the side, you can't seriously compare him to Rooney !

He's much better looking. :lol: :lol:
yabush

Post by yabush »

No difference between Shrek and Rooney
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

Haha!! yeah and Noble dont ever get sent off either!!
yabush

Post by yabush »

Noble will not clap hands after getting a yellow card.
Phil S
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 382 likes

Post by Phil S »

always a shame to lose, but no disgrace today imo. Pards went for a goal late on with his substitutions, and at this stage of the season with a positive goal difference, why not.

The WBA game imo is much more important.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

Marky wrote:Etherington was ineffective but I am sure Cuntryboy will find some stats that show he was MOM!
:lol:
Rocketron

Post by Rocketron »

2 goals coles wrote:always a shame to lose, but no disgrace today imo. Pards went for a goal late on with his substitutions, and at this stage of the season with a positive goal difference, why not.

The WBA game imo is much more important.
Too true.
Forget the likes of Cheski, Arsescum, Manure and The Scousers (especially at their places) and concentrate on the rest of the league. This is where we will pick up points.
double D

Post by double D »

double D wrote:Marlon will score tomorrow I feel it in my water :lol:
Oh well that feeling in my water must have been a bit of trapped sweetcorn :oops:

Had a great chance which he blazed over, I fear the knives will be out again for Marlene :(