West Ham Utd 1 WBA 0 (05/11/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Boogers Caravan Blues wrote:What were the Albion singing about when Shaka went down injured. Something about are you " " brother.

Assuming it was related to the ex Donnington Motor Cycle racer?
Think they were singing to Anton

"Worse than your brother
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Blimey I thought we were appalling yesterday :shock:

Repka was done for pace a few times and was caught out of position quite a bit.
Thought Anton looked nervous yesterday and Gabbidon was fat the better player in the centre
Mullins plays far too deep, gives the ball away too much and at times hinderes the defence rather than aids it.
Matty was just plain ***** as per
The service to Harewood was terrible in the main - just lumping the ball up to a player who we know is not comfortable jumping is plain stupid.
Yossi yet again wasted on the right - sorry but this fella is a genius, he goes in for every tackle, jumps for every ball and yet is played in a position which is not his best
Konchesky was superb as was Reo-Coker.

We are going to get broken apart by a decent side if we continue to play like that
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

SxHammer wrote: ermm what about Repka?? he's an integral part of our defence

yup - I didn't mention Repka, nor Shaka/Roy - and yes, I know it is all about a team effort - however, Konch etc have been the ones who have impressed me most....
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

What about the Repka tackle when he committed himself and went to ground leaving the attacker with a run on goal? Looked like amateur hour to me.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Yep we watched the same game.
That was our worst home performance of the saeson.

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:Blimey I thought we were appalling yesterday :shock:

Thought Anton looked nervous yesterday and Gabbidon was fat the better player in the centre
Mullins plays far too deep, gives the ball away too much and at times hinderes the defence rather than aids it.
The service to Harewood was terrible in the main - just lumping the ball up to a player who we know is not comfortable jumping is plain stupid.
Yossi yet again wasted on the right - sorry but this fella is a genius, he goes in for every tackle, jumps for every ball and yet is played in a position which is not his best

We are going to get broken apart by a decent side if we continue to play like that
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:Blimey I thought we were appalling yesterday :shock:

I thought he looked ok..

Agree with most of what you said though AG(ex)M, the main reason I thought we looked so bad was because the Baggies refused to put the ball on the floor, it was like watching a Championship match the tops teams should keep it on the deck and we play better that way.
Rusa

Post by Rusa »

My thoughts?

West Ham United was (again) a fantastic day out. We were with 63 dutch hammers and had a fantastic day out. AT 11.30 we were allowed to get a view from an empty stdium at the sidelines of the field: just marvalous!

Atmosprere was pretty good in the centenary lower (were we were sitting, and stood, and were sitting, and stood) and in my opinion a saw a pretty decent first half. Gabbidon was great, but especially Mullins was fantstic (although I just seen MOTD that I recorded and at the header in the first half from WBA he was nowere).

My conclusion about Marlon: He just isn't good enough. He does the best he can, will score goals this season but just miss the class the play a vital role.

Pardew is great. Just before Tommy's free kick I waves at Daily and Tedddy to go forword with the result: the goal.

What I didn't understood was that after the goal the team stopped playing football. It looked like a little bit sceared. With a better team (and a better manager: 2 substitues a striker for a striker Thank you Mister Robson!) it had been a draw. And now Mullins was forced to make a tackle that cost him a booking. Those bookings can be vital later in the season.

But he what the heck. 3 points are 3 points. A good gap with the bottom 3, great day but now it's time to go to bed cause the fridaynight 3 o' clock start with the coach journey, a day out at Upton park and the Denmark Arms the journey back were we missed our boat in 1 minute and 90 long minutes with my own team today has ended my enrgie.

But 1 thing I know for sure: RUSA WILL DEFNITLY BE BACK AT WEST HAM!
Mercenary Skank

Post by Mercenary Skank »

Definitely a great three points. Dominated teh first half and should easily have been five up.

Second half we sat back as we had two holding players in midfield with REO going off with a turned ankle. Howwver we showed we could soak up what they had very comfortably. Back four were class. Yossi weres everywhere, even more than ol' John Moncur. Harewood gave his all. Shringham provided the class.

Great win. Well done lads.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Glad the boys delivered a win for you Rusa!