West Ham Utd 1 WBA 0 (05/11/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

West Ham Utd 1 WBA 0 (05/11/05)

Post by Phil S »

Come on
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

the baggies have 4 players back from injury :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 397054.stm
Phil S

Post by Phil S »

I don't think it's a MUST win, but we do need to win these sort of games.

We owe these ****'s one anyway.

2 -0

and I fekin hate Robson, the loose shouldered twat
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I DO think its a must win - especially considering the 2 matches we have afterwards and our run-up to christmas. I fear if we lose this one we will go on a losing streak - whereas if we win, we could end up with around 25 points come xmas.
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Loosing this game wont be the end of our season but a win could prove to be very important. We need to take as many points from our rivals as possible, especially at home. I dont see why we cant win this and predict a 2-1 victory.
MooreHurst
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MooreHurst »

kitthehammer wrote:the baggies have 4 players back from injury :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 397054.stm
Gera isn't fit, he won't make it which is good news!
Mercenary Skank

Post by Mercenary Skank »

Definitely must-win simply to keep confidence levels up. Feel a Blackbrun type ninety minutes... so 3-1 it is. With Mullins nabbing the final goal with a 25 yarder...
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

2 goals coles wrote:I don't think it's a MUST win, but we do need to win these sort of games.

We owe these c*nt's one anyway.

2 -0

and I fekin hate Robson, the loose shouldered twat

You tell 'im, big man.

And to add, the slightly depressive - verging on a nervous breakdown, the missus has just left me type look of a ****.

Anymore for more...
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

MooreHurst wrote: Gera isn't fit, he won't make it which is good news!

I fink hes WELL fit. Grrrroooooo get up there Betty!! I would.
daniel

Post by daniel »

How will AP's line-up look like?
I think:
--------------Shaka---------------
Repka---Anton---Gabbidon---Konchsky
Benayoun---NRC---Mullins---Matty
------------Marlon----Teddy----------

I would like to see Yossi behind the striker, and Matty on the bench, but it's not realistic, so I think that will be AP's line-up
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

We're going to win 2-0 and Harewood will get the first
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

kitthehammer wrote:I DO think its a must win - especially considering the 2 matches we have afterwards and our run-up to christmas. I fear if we lose this one we will go on a losing streak - whereas if we win, we could end up with around 25 points come xmas.
totaly agree, 6 out of our next 10 games are away from home so this game has become very important that we don't lose - getting any pts off Arsenal or Chelsea is a bonous taking maximum pts at home to teams like WBA is an absolout must ..
mattandbenny

Post by mattandbenny »

daniel wrote:How will AP's line-up look like?
I think:
--------------Shaka---------------
Repka---Anton---Gabbidon---Konchsky
Benayoun---NRC---Mullins---Matty
------------Marlon----Teddy----------

I would like to see Yossi behind the striker, and Matty on the bench, but it's not realistic, so I think that will be AP's line-up
Hope thats the team.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

2-0,Yossi & Harewood
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Match preview from BBC....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 387832.stm

West Ham v West Brom
Upton Park
Saturday, 5 November
Kick-off: 1500 GMT

WEST HAM UNITED attempt to celebrate manager Alan Pardew's signing of a new five-year contract by securing a fifth win in their 11th Premiership match of the season. The Hammers have banked 15 out of a possible 30 points since returning to the top division, going into this clash with a West Bromwich Albion side languishing just above the bottom three, without an away win. The Hammers lost 2-0 at Liverpool last time out, but have not suffered back-to-back Premiership defeats since Liverpool (h) and Leeds (a) defeated them on 2 and 8 February 2003 respectively. They need to score three times from this, their 200th home Premier League match, to take their total of Premiership goals netted at Upton Park to 300. These clubs have only been in the Premiership together once before. Both matches in the 2002/03 season were away wins. The Hammers lost this corresponding fixture 0-1, but then won 1-2 at the Hawthorns.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION have eight points from 11 games - exactly the same as their tally 12 months ago. They've won only one of the last nine Premiership matches, and lost four of the last five. Bryan Robson will have been in charge at the Hawthorns a year next Wednesday, and is keen to avoid a third successive League defeat. The Baggies have not scored in 194 minutes (three hours 14 minutes) of Premiership football and are following a 2-0 reverse at Bolton and 0-3 home defeat by Newcastle - Premiership matches separated by the odd goal in five extra time victory away to Fulham in the Carling Cup. Albion were odd goal in seven victors when these clubs last met at Upton Park in the Nationwide Division One on 8 November 2003. It was the Baggies' second successive League victory in east London. They won the equivalent Premiership match-up on 11 September 2002 by virtue of a Jason Roberts effort.

REFEREE:
Peter Walton (Northamptonshire)

SEQUENCES/RECENT FORM
WEST HAM UNITED
9th 15 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 7th
Lowest could fall: 12th
Making their best start to a Premiership season since 1999/2000 when 17 points from the first 10 and 11 games were accrued. Recorded one win in five Premiership games, and one victory in six in all competitions. Gone 20 League games since suffering successive defeats. In fact lost three in a row between 26 February and 12 March in the Championship. Lost the last two League and Cup matches. Lost 1-0 at Bolton in the Carling Cup and 2-0 at Liverpool in the Premiership, since beating Middlesbrough 2-1 in the last game at Upton Park on 23 October. Won one of the last five in the highest echelon (v Middlesbrough). Lost three of the last four League and Cup games this season. Failed to score twice in five Premiership games, and three times in League games this season. Kept clean sheets in three of the last nine top tier outings. Not scored earlier than the 25th minute in the Premiership this season. Scored once in the last minute of regular time and twice in stoppage time. Won one game when behind at half time (3-1 home to Blackburn on the opening day - 0-1 down at the break).
Six goals shy of 5,000 in the League (excluding Play-Offs). Hold the weakest form in the first half of Premiership matches this season. Gone in at the break leading in one, drawing in five, and losing in four, with only two goals scored and four conceded.
Lost only one home Premiership game this term (1-2 to Bolton on 27 August).

WEST BROMWICH ALBION
17th 8 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's matches: 14th
Lowest could fall: 19th
Lost seven of the last nine Premiership matches. Failed to score in three of the last four top table encounters. Not managed a clean sheet in 10 top flight matches, since the no score draw on the opening day of the season at Manchester City. Conceded more goals than any other club in the top tier, with the exception of Sunderland (21 each). One of three clubs to have posted just one Premiership clean sheet this season. The others are Birmingham and Sunderland. Failed to score in five of their 11 top flight engagements this term. Bottom-but-one in the Premiership's "Last Six Current Form" table with four points from the possible 18. Only Birmingham lie beneath them. One goal short of totalling 75 in the Premier League. Three shy of conceding 150 in Premier League history.
Gone 11 Premiership games since winning by more than a single goal (2-0, home to Portsmouth on the last day of last season, 15 May). Own the weakest record in Premiership matches away from home this season (two draws and three defeats from five, with one goal scored and nine conceded). Drawn five and lost four of the last nine Premiership matches on the road, since a 1-4 triumph at Charlton on 19 March. Own the weakest defence away from home in the highest echelon with just one goal in five outings (Zoltan Gera's 90th minute equaliser at Sunderland on 17 September). Scored two goals in the last seven away League games. Picked up five points from a last possible 27 on their Premiership travels. Failed to score in five of their last seven top flight duels on the road. Managed just one clean sheet in 24 Premiership duels on the road since the beginning of last season. Looking for a 5th win in 44 away Premier League engagements.

KEY PLAYER NOTES/POTENTIAL MILESTONES

WEST HAM UNITED
Daniel GABBIDON began his professional career with West Brom.
Teddy SHERINGHAM needs to score once to take his total of goals in top flight football to 175.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Nwankwo KANU is one short of scoring 50 goals for English clubs (Arsenal and West Brom). If involved, Andy JOHNSON will be making his 100th appearance in top flight football. If he plays, Jonathan GREENING will be making his 50th appearance for the Baggies.

HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS
League: West Ham 28 wins, WBA 32, Draws 10
Prem: West Ham 1 win, WBA 1, Draws 0

HEAD TO HEAD at West Ham
League: West Ham 19 wins, WBA 12, Draws 4
Prem: West Ham 0 wins, WBA 1, Draws 0
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

2 goals coles wrote:and I fekin hate Robson, the loose shouldered twat
Thats a good put down. Made me laugh, good work.

2-0 win for me.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Memories of a few years ago home to the Baggies and saying to my son "this lot are crap - we should win this". Promptly let a goal in and lost 0:1.

Our turn this year.

Come on you Irons!
James

Post by James »

If only.... wrote:Memories of a few years ago home to the Baggies and saying to my son "this lot are crap - we should win this". Promptly let a goal in and lost 0:1.

Our turn this year.

Come on you Irons!
Im already dredding listening to Robson's post match interview. Explaining how lucky West Ham were winning 3 - 0 when they should of won. Boring mono tone northern Monkey cu%t face. The day he manage's SCUMCHESTER UTD is the day I become Pope !
Phil S

Post by Phil S »

Is Zamora still injured?

if not I'd expect him to start
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Very important game IMO. We really need to f*** the baggies off. They need this result bad and we will be one of the teams they believe they can get something out of. We lose and their confidence will rise and they might just start to pick up some points. We could also start to lose some of that early season belief Pards has managed to instill. Win on the other hand and we might take a few points out of the tricky fixtures we have comming up,they will start to wonder where their points are going to come from and lose a lot of self belief.

An early season 6 pointer imo.

3- 0 to us. We start like a steam train nudge ahead and control the game from then on. Yossi at his sublime best :wink: