Tottenham 1 West Ham Utd 1 (20/11/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

:D :D :D what a great result ! ! ! :D :D :D

:crest: COME :crest: ON :crest: YOU :crest: IRONS ! ! ! :crest:
sledge hammer

Post by sledge hammer »

hammerbenj wrote:pards interview.............

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/ukfs_sport/hi ... 454708.stm
this link doesn't start the interview -
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

L'Boro Iron wrote:. A decent side would have finished us off.
lol!!!
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

sledge hammer wrote: this link doesn't start the interview -
click on "match of the day" at the top.
DJ Marls

Post by DJ Marls »

Decent point by the sounds of it. Well done Anton and co!
sledge hammer

Post by sledge hammer »

hammerbenj wrote: click on "match of the day" at the top.
i did, shows me a list of other interviews...oh well.
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

ok go here on the top right.....................

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 431094.stm
sledge hammer

Post by sledge hammer »

ok got it, thanks mate!!!
SL

Post by SL »

L'Boro Iron wrote:If i'm honest I think we just robbed Spurs. What a scrappy performance from West Ham. I lost count of the amount of times we gave the ball away. A decent side would have finished us off. Very impressed by the never say die attitude. f*cking happy with the result!
About 3 times in the second half I said to my mate "how are we all over them when we cant even keep hold of the ball".

We gave the ball away so much in the final 3rd it was untrue.

If we had been more composed going forward then we would have created a lot more attempts on goal.
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

SL wrote: About 3 times in the second half I said to my mate "how are we all over them when we cant even keep hold of the ball".

We gave the ball away so much in the final 3rd it was untrue.

If we had been more composed going forward then we would have created a lot more attempts on goal.
It felt like more to be honest. I found that game frustrating to watch. Still, well done to the lads for finding the fighting spirit in the nick of time. I agree with your second point.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

hammerbenj wrote:dont get me wrong it is a good result, but remember it was only a draw, dont give them the satisfaction of thinking they are that much better than us!!! people are getting way too excited..... :lol:
Are you having a laugh mate? Yes, it was only a draw, but f*** me, it was a draw against a decent team on their own ground where, this season at least, they dont give much away. And also, it was "only" a draw against SPURS, a team we all hate with a passion.
Another thing, it was "only" a draw that was achieved in the very last minute. How many WHU teams have you seen on the past that would of given up by then? But not today, we kept on going and fully deserved what we got.
Talk about getting way too excited? I think we have every right to.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

i was in my local pub in seven kings called ogradys, place was rammed 70% west ham supporters and 30% spurs fans.

after we scored the place went ****ing mental, the noise was amazing, and the look of the Spurs fans who had been boasting throughout the game was priceless!

still on a high now! thought matty was much better today. dawson for spurs has a great game i have to say.

u could see the whole team were really up for it though, the midfielders didnt hide at all, typical scrappy but passionate london derby! come on you irons! :D

pardew well done on getting the boys up for it!
Andrew
Resident medical expert
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Andrew »

for an average championship side that is a ****ing great result aginst an established premierhip side.

Any west ham fan who aint happy with that result wants ****ing shooting!!
so f*** off you whingers!
Andrew
Resident medical expert

Post by Andrew »

Herts Iron wrote: Are you having a laugh mate? Yes, it was only a draw, but f*ck me, it was a draw against a decent team on their own ground where, this season at least, they dont give much away. And also, it was "only" a draw against SPURS, a team we all hate with a passion.
Another thing, it was "only" a draw that was achieved in the very last minute. How many WHU teams have you seen on the past that would of given up by then? But not today, we kept on going and fully deserved what we got.
Talk about getting way too excited? I think we have every right to.
that is probably the best, and most sensible post that i have seen on here today!
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

If you wont take a draw then you are mad. Compare Spurs's midfield to ours, it was a great result, Pardew was tactically spot on with playing Noble and he caused problems.

Hello to all those who watched the game at the British Queen in Wanstead. 65% Hammers 35% spuds. We went bonkers when it went in, im still knackered from it.
tits_guest1986

Post by tits_guest1986 »

Man for man we can't really argue that they have the better players (DEFOE ON THE BENCH!!).

Also rate Dawson, Robinson and Keane.

A draw was a great result, which none of us expected but from what I saw, we deserved it. Good to see a couple of 4-4-2 footballing sides out there!
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

Andrew wrote: that is probably the best, and most sensible post that i have seen on here today!

listen i am made up at the result, but it'd mainly coz it was a last minute goal, if we had after 50 minutes and played out the game there wouldn't be such joy. thats all i'm saying, the spuds will take the right piss out of us partying over a draw.
Andrew
Resident medical expert

Post by Andrew »

no mate, they will be really pissed off at only getting a draw
miles
This site...
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Head over to that "glory glory" messageboard that they use and check out their official West Ham match thread. Pages 17 and 18 are especially amusing reading!
hammerbenj

Post by hammerbenj »

Andrew wrote:no mate, they will be really pissed off at only getting a draw

yes i know, but im saying it from the other angle.

doesnt matter anyway, a great result today is what its all about.