West Ham Utd 1 Man Utd 2 (27/11/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

wanstead wrote:

Mark Noble played out of his skin for his 2nd premiership game..

First game away at Spurs. First 20 mins he was blowing, but thereafter he bossed the middle..

Today, Mark Noble. Caroll and the Welshman were awesome.

But I just "can not seem to get enough"..... D.Mode
Oh yeah from a 2nd game point of view yeah he was awesome. I just thought he faded in and out, and so did Gabbidon. The latter also misplaced a few and put us under uneccessary pressure.

Carroll was superb i agree.
wanstead
Raw Meat
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by wanstead »

Dg = Player of the year - by light years
SL

Post by SL »

I thought that Mark Nobles early booking did us no favours at all.

Up until then he was buzzing around the midfield and getting his foot in but after the booking his challenges were obviously limited.

On the whole I thought he had a good game.

Considering hes just 18 he could become a great player.
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

I've seen some edited highlights if it and it looked a pretty even game. Wonderful start and and a great goal from super Marlon Harewood, - fantastic movement and a lovely finish. Shocking defending for both their goals, particulalry from Tomas Recka for their first and that should have been a routine catch for Roy Carroll from the corner which lead to O' Shea's headed winner. Other than that I thought we did very well.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

My thoughts... I still feel drunk...
I can't actually remember much...Was it me or did everyone seem to be running around a lot more than normal.
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

I think my favorite moment of yesterday, possibly even tipping the goal, was Anton's funky little turn in the 6 yard box, leaving Horseface for dead, drifting out of the area and playing a wonderful pass. Absolute pure composure. A mate and I just turned to each other and started laughing. Pure pure class.

Was very impressed by Noble too. He just doesn't look 18. He seemed to have a good brain. Come on leaps and bounds since last season.

Admittedly we got beaten but they were excellent. Rooney in particular. Never thought I'd see the day when a Man Ure player got a round of applause from us (of course then ruined it two minutes later by trying to remove Gabbidon's leg from the knee down.
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

The Badger wrote:I've seen some edited highlights if it and it looked a pretty even game. Wonderful start and and a great goal from super Marlon Harewood, - fantastic movement and a lovely finish. Shocking defending for both their goals, particulalry from Tomas Recka for their first and that should have been a routine catch for Roy Carroll from the corner which lead to O' Shea's headed winner. Other than that I thought we did very well.
Sorry. Don't think the game was even. As other have said ManU were awaeome, and Rooney amazing today.

But. I thought we played really well. We hit them well on the break, and Sylvestre should have been sent off for tugging back marlon. If that'd happened, things could have been different.

Looks like Yossi can take a free kick as well - inches from a second goal

I just hope we can play that well at Birmingham this week. We should win easily if we do. Unfortunately, my guess is that they will drag us down to their level, and it'll end up scrappy.
yabush

Post by yabush »

There's too much space for Man Utd to attack...
Midfielders should mark them more tight IMO