Birmingham City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (05/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

It was a ****ing nervous end of the game :lol: My heart couldn't take it anymore....
We were lucky,but we showed great spirit.The Repka handball was the turning point of the game,he could have seen red.Those three points are massive,and we're safe now IMHO. :)
Super,thx a lot Irons,you were all super

in you face Stevy Bruce!You Fat c*nt! :roll:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

wahey

Post by w4hammer »

just got back home...2 1/2 hours drive back...happy as a happy hammer!

song of the night "your coat's from Matalan" to that sad brummie twat!

fookin awesome night and what a great turnout(in the end) from the boleyn faithfull!!

zzzzzzzz-more tomorrow!

COME ON YOU FOOKIN IRONS!!
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

"1 mate, you've only got 1 mate"

loved the rendition of Twist & Shout, stuck it on full blast when we got back.

fukcing great night hammers!
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

Did anyone download the goals? It seems the bandwidth limits on the links above have been reached.
wanstead
Raw Meat
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by wanstead »

Gobshite, fat twisted nose, has been, who lost the league at West Ham, who celebrated and wanted us to go down but like old grey African elephants we have long memories, and revenge is a dish best served cold on a Monday night, in front of Sky, and he is NO LOOKER....P45 for the NE scummer
Servo

Post by Servo »

Internet's been down here all day, finally able to post now.

Fantastic result, glad I had the afternoon off to watch it. I would have been pleased with a draw, but getting a win in the first of 3 straight away games is huge. I was worried we wouldn't win any of them. I was most impressed with Bobby and Marlon and how well they worked together. They didn't have many chances, but Bobby created his own and Marlon took the best one that he got. Matty looked very good too. The visiting fans sounded great on television, totally outsung the Brummies..:doff:

come on you Irons :D
Servo

Post by Servo »

Gnome wrote:Just a thought - when was the last time - if ever - you heard the words "Emile Heskey" and "Maradona" in the same sentence? :lol:
If they have been in the same sentence before, it probably involved food
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

FFans wrote:very good win for you's tonight.

Keeps brum down the bottom away from us (everton) :)
Cheers

We'll be round your gaff for three points shortly :roll:
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

Managed to stay awake and watch the game (kicked off at 1.30 am here), which was aided by jetlag and the struggle to stop my innards becoming my outards.

When Brum's goal went in, I initially though "Here we go again" but suddenly thought "No, actually, look at the way we've thought back before this season"

I actually thought we'd get a draw, but am delighted with the win. To me, both our goals came in the only period we were ever on top - we were aided by Birmingham being just about the worst team we've played this season. And for us to be under the kosh as much as we were shows that improvement is definitely, definitely needed before Blackburn. But three points are three points however you get them.

And a personal highlight for me was Bruce's face when Muzzet went off injured. What a picture. Ha ha ha cuntchops
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Satisfying win for us - showed we can work hard away from home and also proved Old Tedward isn't the player for away games
Mr Moon

Post by Mr Moon »

Excellent three points......a real statement to all that we are in the Prem' to stay.

Odd game though. Didn't think we played great: there were some good performances (Etherington, Repka & Carroll) and some dodgy moments (why would Kondicksey want to "pass" to Heskey in our own box!) but even when we went one nil down thought we would prevail. Even expected us to get a third although they kept the pressure on for most of the second half. We played well but not great..they were not very good at all!

Definately need another striker in January. With Teddy out all we had on the bench was Bellion. Another midfielder with strength and the ability to shoot on target would also be useful. NRC injured and we are not getting the penetration through the middle.

Anyway....great result....bring on Blackburn!
Portsmouth Hammer

Post by Portsmouth Hammer »

Thought the boys worked really hard. However we just did not grip midfield. We are missing NRC badly. Mullins played OK but still seems to lack in confidence when he is the senior of the centre midfield two. I thought although both Yossi and Matty battled well at times, they gave the ball away easily putting undue pressure on the back 4. Noble looked a bit out of his depth, but stuck at it and battled hard. Could not believe that Butt was not booked for the late tackle on him. Overall not a great performance but a great result.
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

I did like Noble's "Hello, I'm Mark Noble - who the f*** are you?" barge into Butt when he came on
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

not vintage but a hard fought win, valuable 3 points. credit to the back four again, solid once more 8-)

We regulary have 6 players in our team who have no previous prem experience, deserve more credit then they are gettin. Look at the names Brum have in their side and their style of football? and we wonder why football is in a bad state.

Well pleased for Bruce and the mug in the matalan jacket who was worth the entrance fee alone. how does it feel boys? :wink:
KFC Kirky

Post by KFC Kirky »

Joe C wrote:I did like Noble's "Hello, I'm Mark Noble - who the f*ck are you?" barge into Butt when he came on
Butt did return the favour though (which made me laugh when Noble just got up, no bother" Butt is a class act also.
SL

Post by SL »

What a fantastic result.

I was a little worried about how deep we defended for the last half hour tho. I can understand the wide men tucking in and not wanting to get caught out up field but the whole back line just sat on the edge of our box which just invited them onto us. Very very dangerous tactic imo.

It reminded me of what the Spurs did against us when we equalised late against them the other week.

Luckily we got away with it but I hope we dont try to do that too often.

A fantastic 3 points.
Pepin

Post by Pepin »

[quote="Mr Moon"]Excellent three points......a real statement to all that we are in the Prem' to stay.

Odd game though. Didn't think we played great: there were some good performances (Etherington, Repka & Carroll) and some dodgy moments (why would Kondicksey want to "pass" to Heskey in our own box!) but even when we went one nil down thought we would prevail. Even expected us to get a third although they kept the pressure on for most of the second half. We played well but not great..they were not very good at all!

Definately need another striker in January. With Teddy out all we had on the bench was Bellion. Another midfielder with strength and the ability to shoot on target would also be useful. NRC injured and we are not getting the penetration through the middle.

Anyway....great result....bring on Blackburn![/quote]

Am I only one who thinks that we need midfielder more than striker in January transfer window? W e do not have cover in midfield. Attack is much better than was expected. Bobby and Marlon can and will do the job for us. Teddy can cover. Aladiere and Belion will wait for their chance. I want Z-man play regularly.
Korky

Post by Korky »

vietnammer wrote: I'm an IT moron. I've registered , but I cant' find the download of tonight's goals :oops:
My bad
http://www.football-forever.com/forum/s ... php?t=1272
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like

wahey

Post by w4hammer »

ive got no voice left after that one....!
well worth the trip up to the grim north--in the end there was proper good turn out from our lot--and we sung practically all the match....we were well worth the 3 points, tho the last ten mins or so did get a bit hairy...

thought danny G was MOTM - a good recovery after he had a less than perfect ManU performance.... Bobby Z initially looked short of match practice but then WHAT A GOAL!! I thin k he should start more matches with those two---they need some more time together..... Yossi looked good, tho I think he should be b ossing these kind of games now? Mark Noble looked good in parts, but he's learning all the time...

STill cant see us scorin g from a freekick this side of 2015...or a corner come to that---our deadball work is awfull!

Overall- a fantastic 3 points...not least of which the gap it puts between us and the bluenose c****!

YThis side is very well drilled, and they are all working their asses off for each other , taking responsibility- just the right amount of grit-along with some superb attacking play last night - Pardews doing a great job......which brings me to the question...why exactly is that twat Bellion being paid to wear a West Ham shirt?!? I was always very sceptical...now im just becoming pissed off that we are in any way associated with him......ive yet to see him to anythin g that my son couldnt do -or am I missing something!?

IRONS!!!
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I thought that Danny G was excellent. Anton went to sleep for a second for their goal but Bobby Z's goal was something else. Reminded me of the kid at school who is that much better than all the other kids and makes them look stupid. It will fill him with confidence like the run did at the end of last season.