Blackburn Rovers 3 West Ham Utd 2 (10/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Blackburn Rovers 3 West Ham Utd 2 (10/12/05)

Post by NXA »

Take it away........

I am going for another away win, it's a chance to turn over another one of the ex Manures, it will also put seven points between us and Blackburn.
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

If we play like we did last night, we could well be in trouble - Kuqi is finding his feet there, David Thompson is returning to form after injury, Emerton seems to be playing well and Morten Gamst Pedersen is an excellent player.

So 0-2 to West Ham then
Norbert_Up_Norf
Location: Chav Corner, St James Park, Newcastle (a long way from home)

Post by Norbert_Up_Norf »

Jekyll and Hyde team at the moment

I wouldn't be surprised if we got absolutely tonked by them at their place - fingers crossed we come away with a draw
norse
Has liked: 374 likes
Total likes: 830 likes

Post by norse »

I don't expect any points from this one.
I'd would be VERY happy with one point, that would be a great achievement for the team.
Good news is, we can afford to lose this one. Last night was a much more important game as Blackburn won't face the relegation battle anyway. And that's why we can afford to lose it+we currently have 22 points and one game less than the teams behind us like Boro and Newcastle.

I'm going for Blackburn 2 - West Ham 1.

Bellamy and Pedersen for them, Repka on an overhead kick from the edge of the box for us

:)
Chill_The_Kill
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Chill_The_Kill »

Itwill be interesting if we take the lead to see how we defend it
This means DON'T ****ing SIT BACK!!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

The worst thing we can do is take an early lead, we never seem interested in getting the second goal away from home, like there is some unwritten rule that you arent allowed to tonk teams at their own gaff.

Blackburn are a weird team. If we play the blackburn that beat man u, we will do well to lose by 2, but if we play the team we played first game of the season we should get at least a point.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

I think we'll get stuffed at this one. Mind you, I'd rather have 3 points after these 2 games & get a crack at Everton, than take 3 points from 3 draws on the road.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Mmmmmmmmmmm, not sure.

Our first home game this season was magical but methinks that Blackburn underestimated us. I do not think that they will repeat that mistake.

It really depends on Pards tactics. 4-5-1 or even 5-4-1?????

All I will wish for is that the squad play their very best and learn from the game.

Oh, and I wish them good luck.
NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

Blackburn turned over by Everton last week....also Noble vs Savage will be interesting, theres nothing like throwing them in at the deep end is there.. 2 nil to us. :lol:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1153 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

I'll be happy with a point from this one thanks ;)
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

I'm tempted to throw this season's attacking philosophy out the window, play 4-5-1 and see if we can sneak a win, which would put us in a superb position to push for a top 8 finish.

But I won't, so same team again, with Teddy on the bench for Bellion.
MS in the West

Re: Blackburn vs West Ham Match Thread

Post by MS in the West »

We're gonna lose this one, and Everton I'm afraid. Pity really, but I don't think we're good enough on our travels

Probably loes this one 2 or 3 - 0

:(
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

One of my favourite aspects of Pardew's reign is that a lot of the "typical" West Ham traits have gone out the window.

Normally trips to Ewood and Goodison you can write off as a good piss up but 0 points. However, I reckon the current lot will see no distinction between Rovers and the Toffees as they would Fulham and Brum. Just another tricky away game.

I reckon if we can keep things tight at the back and Yossi can make a bit more of an impression on the game than he did last night, we can give Blackburn a decent run for their money.

I reckon 1-0 Harewood
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

James P wrote:One of my favourite aspects of Pardew's reign is that a lot of the "typical" West Ham traits have gone out the window.

Normally trips to Ewood and Goodison you can write off as a good piss up but 0 points. However, I reckon the current lot will see no distinction between Rovers and the Toffees as they would Fulham and Brum. Just another tricky away game.

I reckon if we can keep things tight at the back and Yossi can make a bit more of an impression on the game than he did last night, we can give Blackburn a decent run for their money.

I reckon 1-0 Harewood
Actually, I thought Yossi did alright last night (apart from losing the ball which led to the first goal).

He was involved in the build up to the first WHU goal, and Iremember one moment when Repka was caught out of position (on an otherwise good night for him), where he was tackling back next to our penalty area like a full back.

Hope you're right about our winning. Maybe I'm just still pessimistic (can't shake the habit of 30 years) :)
Korky

Post by Korky »

I will again provide you guys with the goals 8-)
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Todd is out for them serving a 1 match ban after last weeks hand ball. Happy with a point but we must watch Pederson.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

I said befor last nights game that i'd be happy to take two draws from these 3 successive away games but now we have all ready taken 3pts for me any thing else will now be a bonous going to Blackburn and Everton won't be easy.

Blackburn are an up and down team and won't be a push over on their own patch and they are not as low on confidence as what Birmingham I can't see us winning but reckon we can nick a point and get a draw.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I think the boys will have received a huge "morale boost" from yesterday's game that will see them show the same application and result in the same scoreline.
1-2 for me, Bobby and Marlon.
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

I think we should switch round the formation for this one...play the same 451/443/442 we used against ipswich 2nd playoff leg, with Benayoun in the centre in the 'Reo-Coker' role:

----------------Carroll (if fit)----------------

--Repka---Anton-----Danny-----Konch-

------------Noble-------Mullins-------------

--Harewood----Benayoun-------Ethers-

------------------Zamora--------------------

I feel this would be more effective because:

1. Harewood is more effective in an attacking role on the right where he doesnt have to defend (ie. home debut against Wigan) as he can run at players, and doesn't have to play with his back to goal, where he is less effective

2. Zamora is hardworking, strong and clever enough to play the lone striker role, the only striker at the club who can

3. Yossi can have have a free role in an area of the pitch where he will be more effective, and also because his running will disrupt Blackburn from starting moves from deep.
rusty_iron

Post by rusty_iron »

Korky wrote:I will again provide you guys with the goals 8-)
you my friend are a champion of the highest level...

I cant believe this game isnt telecast in Australia... im trying to spade this bird at the moment who is a bit of a blackburn fan... so there is a lot riding on this one for me....

Her old man is a Hammers Fan... dont know why she didnt follow in his footsteps...

But i need us to get a result at least... anything else and i am more then likely going to get angry and not want to talk to her!!!!!!!!!!

Come on you Irons... :crest: