Everton 1 West Ham Utd 2 (14/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

simian major
Location: "Houston, we have a problem" .... "the Simian has landed"

Post by simian major »

Another though springs to mind......

Is this our first win in a white away shirt for a long while?
I believe I read somewhere that we never did win in the Fila pyjama shirt did we? :lol:
bonehead

Re: was

Post by bonehead »

w4hammer wrote:was the game on sky, or did you all watch it over the net>!

either ways--fookin awesome result!
dunno about everyone else, but I watched it on some arabic channel channel down the pub with sheppertonhammer and sicknote

went home well happy

the hammers who travelled tonight looked like they had a top time....credit to 'em
Last edited by bonehead on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.C

Post by D.C »

Can we kick on from here and aim for top half finish? Realistically!! to come to Goodison and get all 3 points is brilliant!
dave28

Post by dave28 »

here we go , i know bobby scored the winner but i still do not think he does enough i still think we need a proper goal scorer sorry lads but thats my opinion and as for marlon, no good on the wing at all in front of goal yes but thats the only position. right the beer is wearing off know
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

:D :D :D

:crest: KUMB :crest: ON :crest: YOU :crest: IRONS ! ! ! :crest:
wolf359
Has liked: 1588 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

wolf359 wrote: Have some faith, Bobby to get the winner, Bubbles loud and proud over the radio :D
I love being right :lol:
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

It makes you wonder where we'd be in the table had Nigel Reo-Coker, Teddy Sheringham, Roy Carroll and Danny Gabbidon not got their injuries. Probably 3rd or 4th I'd have thought. Shame really......
BubbleBlower

Post by BubbleBlower »

dave28 wrote:here we go , i know bobby scored the winner but i still do not think he does enough i still think we need a proper goal scorer sorry lads but thats my opinion and as for marlon, no good on the wing at all in front of goal yes but thats the only position. right the beer is wearing off know
:shock: Miserable git :lol:
dave28

Post by dave28 »

BubbleBlower wrote: :shock: Miserable git :lol:
you agree then my old mate
irons4eva

Post by irons4eva »

proud to be a hammer tonight
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Bring on the barcodes :!:
Mozza

Post by Mozza »

Again Pards is spot on: ' We gave them a football lesson'. Watched it on the net. Awesome performance. For the f*** of it i'll say Matty was my MOTM, but they were 11 heroes out there tonight, best West Ham performance i've seen in a long, long time. Just gutted I didn't take up the offer of a ticket
joe_lion

Re: was

Post by joe_lion »

bonehead wrote: dunno about everyone else, but I watched it on some arabic channel channel down the pub with sheppertonhammer and sicknote

went home well happy

the hammers who travelled tonight looked like they had a top time....credit to 'em
I live in Sunbury, what pub was showing the game?
WHUFC TILL I DIE
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by WHUFC TILL I DIE »

Just watched the highlights. Did anyone else see that 2nd half period of possesion where we put about 20 passes together :shock: Last season a team largely consisting of the same players couldnt string 2 passes together for much of the year. Id always put it down to us not being suited to the more direct style of the championship, but Everton are a fairly direct/physical team, arn't they? I think theres quite a few reasons for this, most importantly we finally have a settled defence that looks decent (we had to wait till the last few games of last season for the Anton & elliot combo), we bought well in the summer & I also think that the fact the shoe is on the other foot now and WE are the underdogs plays a huge part. but anyway - genuinely proud of our players & this season, not only the results but the way we've had a go at teams whoever they are, is going a long way to thawing alot of the negativity & doom surrounding the club for the last 3 or so years.
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

As Pards said, we gave them a footballing lesson!! :shock:

Superb!!
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

1-2 as predicted! :)
Get in there, lets make a bloody racket to welcome the boys back to Upton Park on Saturday onwards and upwards!!!
hacko

Post by hacko »

hacko wrote:Football, being the crazy game it is, this game, with Everton just finished patting themselves on the back after a creditable point at OT, might just fall for the sucker punch and let us have the three points.
Whadger fink???
No, I'm not going to blow my own trumpet, I was spitting in the wind actually!!
Anyway, it was only a sucker punch as far as Everton were concerned, we played some decent stuff and deserved it despite the OG equalizer and the Beattie disallowed goal for offside.
I can't remember us playing in that colour kit before - does anyone?

Now, there's a problem. Supposing we go and sign a couple of renowned strikers and have to drop Bobby Z who's on a run of eight successive games and twelve goals!!
Who's going to volunteer to tell him??
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Everton (1) 1 West Ham United (1) 2

Bobby Zamora's appetite for life on the road shows no sign of abating as he struck his third goal in as many games, moving West Ham up to seventh and sustaining Alan Pardew's side's remarkable start to the season.

Faced with the daunting prospect of three successive away games, Pardew could have been forgiven for believing his side's early season promise was about to be severely tested. But six points from trips to Birmingham, Blackburn and now Goodison Park has only fuelled the manager's belief that his side's progress has a sense of permanence about it.

It was not just the result, it was the manner of victory that justified Pardew's claims. While Zamora profited from Richard Wright's failure to clear Matthew Etherington's 67th-minute shot, and Everton captain David Weir earlier gifted the visitors their first with an embarrassing own goal, there was no doubt that West Ham fully deserved to make their latest journey down the M6 satisfied at a good job done.

After a shaky opening half-hour, Pardew's side settled to demonstrate just why they have done so well on their return to the Premiership and with more care in front of goal, Zamora's striking partner Marlon Harewood could have matched his team-mate's recent haul.

"It's nice to have nights like this when we play so well and win," Pardew said. "This will be a day I remember for a long time as manager of West Ham United. It's not about me anymore, it's about the team and the way we play. This is one of those days when every West Ham fan can walk around with their chest stuck out. We have always looked above us and not below us, and that is why we have been so focused and positive. But tonight was something special, we put on a little bit of a football show tonight."

For Moyes there was less to enthuse about. James Beattie performed bravely and with no little skill, particularly when he struck the opening goal after just nine minutes. But notwithstanding the self-destructive streak that killed their chances, the home side ultimately did not have the know-how to counter Harewood and Zamora when West Ham's confidence was up after half-time.

A record of just one defeat in seven league games before last night had lifted spirits at Goodison Park, but the boos that rang out at the final whistle underlined the work still to be done. Everton's cause was not helped by the early loss of James McFadden but Moyes was astute enough to recognise his side's problems ran deeper. "We were disappointed with their first goal because it wasn't even a good cross," Moyes said.

"At that time we looked more likely to make it 2-0. But in the end we looked as though Sunday caught up with us. West Ham played well and they are a good side but we couldn't match them in the second half."

An early chance for Beattie should have alerted the visitors to the threat of the former Southampton striker, but if the warning was noted it certainly went unheeded.

Within 60 seconds James McFadden, hailed by Moyes as a fast-maturing talent following his goal-scoring display at Old Trafford, moved forward purposefully down the left flank, evading a tentative challenge by Yossi Benayoun as he approached the West Ham penalty area. Ferdinand back-tracked when he should have snuffed out the danger and the Scot took full advantage, delivering a low cross that Beattie, shrugging off the challenge of Collins, met first time with his left foot to claim his third goal of the season.

But West Ham brought themselves back on level terms thanks to an enormous slice of luck that will be a source of embarrassment for Everton captain David Weir for some time to come. Weir will find it hard to explain just how he managed to slice Repka's harmless-looking cross over Wright's head in the 18th minute.

The fluke appeared to knock the stuffing out of Everton who, in the second half, were forced to withstand a barrage of West Ham chances.
Billericay Hammer
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Billericay Hammer »

As has been said already I couldn't really single anybody out tonight as I thought everyone was superb. However I do feel that Fletch inparticular deserves a special mention. Considering it was his first taste of Premiership football tonight I thought he acquitted himself well. He may not have been that adventurous in his passing tonight, however not once did I see him give the ball away and when ever he could he got stuck in to.

The same also goes for Collins, who despite in my opinion being somewhat at fault for their goal, soon after settled into the game and gave a good, steady performance. Nonetheless it was a real team effort tonight so full credit to Pards and the lads and now bring on Saturday!
Lost Hammer
Conehead the bar alien

Post by Lost Hammer »

****ing cracking result tonight.

Was in the Astoria watching the support band when we heard the full time score. Queue me, jen, AG(x)M jumping up and down going mental.

Kicked off a great gig with a great result.

C'MON YOU IRONS!!!