West Ham Utd 2 Newcastle Utd 4 (17/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dave28

Post by dave28 »

crackerdaq wrote:Apart from Owen and Shearer they had nothing really.

Repka was poor but thought it was good tatics by Pardew throwing all forward. Would rather lose 4 - 2 and watch a decent game of football (which it was) than sit back and play on the break.

We didn't win but we did alright

Come on you Irons!
The better team on the day but still lose how many times does that happen
yabush

Post by yabush »

dave28 wrote: The better team on the day but still lose how many times does that happen
but Owen and Shearer did really well.
What do the team need to improve??
crackerdaq
Tits for tickets

Post by crackerdaq »

Score more goals :wink:
dave28

Post by dave28 »

crackerdaq wrote:Score more goals :wink:
Or stop conceding so many
crackerdaq
Tits for tickets

Post by crackerdaq »

dave28 wrote: Or stop conceding so many
or both
Southend Hammer

Post by Southend Hammer »

To state the obvious the difference was a 17 Million Squid goalscorer. We were easily the better team and I was proud to see our youngsters take the game to them for the whole match. The Skysports "team average" have it about right because they had a couple of outstanding individual performances and we had the better team performance. We will win most games that we control in that manner.

I think Repka needs replacing not just because of his lapses but also because he tends to waste balls in the final third and we could do with an attack minded full back to replace him. Collins seems to improve with every game he plays and Fletcher looks comfortable in his role.

Marlon is in good form and always looks dangerous at the moment. Bobby didn't seem to get much of the ball, then again neither did owen the difference is what they did with the little possession they had. I have yet to see either Allidaire of Bellion have any impact whatsoever when they come on. We could have used Teddy today to come on and give that touch of class we were missing.

All i can say is if they play the same against Portsmouth we will come back with 3 points
Last edited by Southend Hammer on Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ExeC
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

Good game, we always looked like scoring.

Can i just say our home fans were aweful today...

And credit to the utd fans who sang the whole game thru.

Also the fact it took me 2 hours to get from rainham to barking on the a13 might have put a downer on all the people stuck in traffic also.

It does show though, when we dont have the fans screaming them on, they dont respond as well.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Our fullbacks were rubbish today

The traffic was a nightmare

The ref was a moron

Merry Christmas!!!
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Just another quicky was it not ameobi that handballed to give the penalty the same ameobi that was already on a yellow
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

From the Prem o/s: The home side briefly threatened to make a game of it :shock:

Whoever wrote that could neither have been watching or listening.
mart

Post by mart »

Thought it was an excellent performance today... I still can't see how we lost 4-2!

I was extremely impresssed with Collins. He's slotted in very well. What particularly impressed me was how vocal he was with controlling the backline and taking control of the formation. Shame he didn;t get the goal he desrverd in the second half.

Big respect to Pards continuing to play Marlon on the right. He was linking up very well with Yossi in the first half... and also mopping up after a few dodgy Tommy incidents!

Does anyone know why Noble has been dropped? I'd like to see him back. Fletcher didn't seem to make an impact at all.

(Did anyone understand a word that the Newcastle fans were singing???)
fleetyfoot
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by fleetyfoot »

wolf359 wrote:What the Barcodes think of us

http://www.newcastle-online.com/rivalcl ... ited.shtml

quite a nice and fair read
Wow, nice analysis, the best one I've read so far this season
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

grr

Post by w4hammer »

what ****ing disapointment that was"! I was so up for a a beano today---it was as flat as bottle of three day opened asti spumanti.

Thought the crowd were really poor today, the cheap early goal we gave them stalled us, but jaysus, there was agame for the taking wasnt there?

Collins played very well, and looks as good as I thought he might be- his distribution isnt pefect yet, but most of the stuff he did was excellent...marlon looks so much better on the wing doesnt me, and as for his saving tackle when Tommy went walkabouts--tremendous stuff, and yet still there's people ***ting him off all around the ground does my head in it does

matty showed good form again...we just just need a few different options up front, and NRC back- and a bit of luck

I predicted 3-2 to us, so wasnt far off

Ive said it once and I'll say it again, the sooner pardew offs alalalalalalaaliadairy and bullion, the better--they offers abosutelyy zero, nada, zip!

I wont call the game 3-2, the last goal was just a gimmee...

Pompey next!
:evil:
abel

Post by abel »

Great performance for about 70% of the game, we outplayed them for most of the match but let in 3 somewhat sloppy goals.

I thought 4-5-1 was not a total sucsess, Harewood and Yossi played well but Zamora was left a bit exposed and we did give the ball away a bit too much.

Collins was great in the air, and showed great long range passing, however I thought Repka, Anton and especially Konch had their weakest home games of the season.

Bit like the Bolton game, beaten but by no means outclassed
mart

Re: grr

Post by mart »

w4hammer wrote: Thought the crowd were really poor today, the cheap early goal we gave them stalled us, but jaysus, there was agame for the taking wasnt there?
eh? Not from where I was standing (left side of BML - 5 or 6 rows from front)
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

w4hammer wrote:

Thought the crowd were really poor today, the cheap early goal we gave them stalled us, but jaysus, there was agame for the taking wasnt there?

eh? Not from where I was standing (left side of BML - 5 or 6 rows from front)

which part? the crowd? I was in the DMU ( dont laugh;-) seemed quiet from the start ..a few bubbles and that was about it...
BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

What a game... Toon only play with two men, at the front. The rest of them were diabolically poor. A few individual mistakes punished us, but if West Ham are in the 'entertainment' business then it's job done today. It had it all, at points. Another good performance with the wrong result. Referee didn't help matters much - a shocking performance from the officials.
mart

Post by mart »

w4hammer wrote:
which part? the crowd? I was in the DMU ( dont laugh;-) seemed quiet from the start ..a few bubbles and that was about it...
The crowd part - i completely agree with the game being there to be taken.

:shock: DMU? Well, there you go then! BML was prob the loudest I've heard this season at times (apart from maybe after scoring early doors against Man Ure).

I'm normally on the right side of BML, so was a bit concerned with being on the left... but the wway my throat feels now I don't think I've got any complaints. Maybe the half time bovril helped (it must be winter!).
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

I thought the crowd where okay when the team gave us a bit of a lift but not the other way round, think that sums us up though

- oh and also Aliadiare was only on for 14 mins, first touch set up a really good chance and I thought he looked interested quick with a nice first touch…
If we got rid of Bellion and Aliadiare I wonder what subs would have been today
Ginger Freeman
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Ginger Freeman »

We've played a lot worse than today and won (West Brom anyone?). Miss Gabbidon in defence, Collins' distribution was poor although he looks very promising. Basically we gave away stupid goals and panicked at the end. Still rather too many long balls for my liking, but Marlon did well on the wing. Zamora also did OK I thought, didn't pull up any trees but nowhere near the nightmare days we remember of yesteryear. Still think he's a very intelligent footballer and can probably match Sheringham in that front role given a bit of a run.

Baffled by the decision to sub Yossi - if he wasn't injured Pards needs his head seeing to. He's the only player we've got who can genuinely fox the opposition and cause problems. Noticed the difference with Aliadiere and Bellion who ran in straight lines in comparison and were fairly easy to deal with. Anyone who gives Anton a rating of 5 is a cock and should try playing central defence against Shearer and Owen.

Totally gutted to have lost, especially 4-2 in a game we dominated. The ref should be made to watch his pathetic performance to a constant loop of "he's here, he's there, he's Aliadiere" for eternity.