Portsmouth 1 West Ham Utd 1 (26/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Chip Korea

Post by Chip Korea »

a fine point. didn't see game though.

if harewood had scored half as many this season as he has he still wouldn't deserve booing.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... BOXING+DAY

Nice to see both Ferdinands made the Opta Team of the Day.
yabush

Post by yabush »

A New Hope wrote:http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... BOXING+DAY

Nice to see both Ferdinands made the Opta Team of the Day.
It would be great to see both of them playing for England
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Chip Korea wrote:a fine point. didn't see game though.

if harewood had scored half as many this season as he has he still wouldn't deserve booing.
I did along with every other this year bar one & i can't ****ing understand what this thing with Harewood is ...

Why the **** are people booing him ???

He's had a good year, tried his hardest, produced goals, made goals, looked dangerous in EVERRY game played & has been an asset to this team.

If he had deserved booing, we certainly would not be in the position in the league that we are in now that's for sure...
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: I did along with every other this year bar one & i can't ****ing understand what this thing with Harewood is ...

He's had a good year, tried his hardest, produced goals, made goals, looked dangerous in EVERRY game played & has been an asset to this team.

If he had deserved booing, we certainly would not be in the position in the league that we are in now that's for sure...
The only explanation that I can offer is "because they are c****". Some spastic that sits a few seats along from me saw fit to call him a "wankah" after Harewood scored a hat-trick against Villa. The guy actually looks pissed off when Marlon scores. Perhaos Marlon is throwing one into his missus or something?

The guy has 8 goals this season, cost us half a million quid, is playing well and working hard. Why people attempt to **** him out of the stadium is utterly beyond me.
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

I'm disappointed to hear about the booing of Mighty Marlon.

Personally missed the game due to family commitments. We drove down to Hastings to go visit a Great Aunt and actually passed 2 knackered old coaches full of claret'n'blue shirts / beer cans and then a very posh coach with West Ham United FC written on the front of it. A toot on the horn plus a confused wave from their side was about as much West Ham action as I got that day.

A point is a point.
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

A proper football ground that was....

Got in at about 2.30, I was lucky enough to go through the 'fat b*stard entrance' (the big gate). Didn't bother with the food etc but had a go of the ladies and to be fair although small in number at least they worked unlike the ones in the BML which constantly flood every game.

Thought we were very quiet first half but now I realise that many of you had problems getting in I know why. Their fans were brilliant apart from the ****ing drummer and bellboy - top atmosphere and it looked as if our players were still dreaming wistfully about their christmas pud for the first 35 mins or so.

Personally think Pardew dropped a massive clanger by throwing on Gabbidon which left us no room to change the formation for the second half - if he wasn't fit then why have him there?

Thought Christian played well and good to see Reo Coker fighting fit in the centre. Thought the front two run their legs off with little or no service, but a little worried that Collins stood off his player far too much. Matty seems to have slipped back into 'I'll just stand here with my hands on my hips' mode, and Newton hardly made in-roads into their defence either - we missed Yossi massively.

Happy with the point.
Sound Kev

Post by Sound Kev »

EvilC wrote: The only explanation that I can offer is "because they are c****". Some spastic that sits a few seats along from me saw fit to call him a "wankah" after Harewood scored a hat-trick against Villa. The guy actually looks pissed off when Marlon scores. Perhaos Marlon is throwing one into his missus or something?

The guy has 8 goals this season, cost us half a million quid, is playing well and working hard. Why people attempt to c*nt him out of the stadium is utterly beyond me.

Hopefully this has been said elsewhere but :
Pardew is in the process of instigating a revoloution here .. as dramatic as it sounds , he's come to our club and is steering it in a massively new direction from previous 'traditional' managers .
It's fantastic to see his psychology begining to work on players like Bobby , Matty and Marlon ... and it IS begining to work !
My point is this though - we as supporters have also got to make an effort to change - to believe in what the manager and players are doing here . There will always be an unfortunate few for whom going to football is just an excuse to c*** off anyone and everyone - that'll never change .... but - as a whole - we need to focus on being a positive influence on the team rather than gettin on the backs of players like Marlon .
Pardew heard the (albeit small amount) of abuse being directed at a couple of players at Fratton Park - which is partly why he reacted the way he did when we scored - body language :evil:
I for one have never been as optimistic ... bordering on excited .. as i am with whats happening here . Even if we go two down to Wigan in the first half tonight i'll still be getting behind my team because i have belief in Pardew and i have belief in the players -
COME ON YOU IRONS :!: :!:
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Sound Kev wrote:

Hopefully this has been said elsewhere but :
Pardew is in the process of instigating a revoloution here .. as dramatic as it sounds , he's come to our club and is steering it in a massively new direction from previous 'traditional' managers .
It's fantastic to see his psychology begining to work on players like Bobby , Matty and Marlon ... and it IS begining to work !
My point is this though - we as supporters have also got to make an effort to change - to believe in what the manager and players are doing here . There will always be an unfortunate few for whom going to football is just an excuse to c*** off anyone and everyone - that'll never change .... but - as a whole - we need to focus on being a positive influence on the team rather than gettin on the backs of players like Marlon .
Pardew heard the (albeit small amount) of abuse being directed at a couple of players at Fratton Park - which is partly why he reacted the way he did when we scored - body language :evil:
I for one have never been as optimistic ... bordering on excited .. as i am with whats happening here . Even if we go two down to Wigan in the first half tonight i'll still be getting behind my team because i have belief in Pardew and i have belief in the players -
COME ON YOU IRONS :!: :!:
well said.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

aye

Post by w4hammer »

Chip Korea wrote:
a fine point. didn't see game though.

I did along with every other this year bar one & i can't ****ing understand what this thing with Harewood is ...

what he said-- some kid behind me was***tiing harewood in the warmup saying" id rather have crouch than him"

well given that harewood cost about £6.5M less, and has scored six or so more goals so far this season, and runs his nuts off for OUR club ....how long did it take you to come to that conclusion ?!

honestly, sometimes :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: