West Ham Utd 0 Wigan Athletic 2 (28/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

aye

Post by w4hammer »

what he said
Spot on. Forget the team, the fans were a f*cking disgrace tonight the way they ****ed off the team and the players 2nd half.

Why don't you all f*ck off, support Chelsea and leave West Ham to proper people.
I was and am disgusted with our fans tonight....people leaving 20 mins before the end, the amount of empty seats at the end , the booing at half time...****ing shokin...i had to be stopped (by my son!) from havin a go at loads of people-call themselves WEST HAM--fuk the lot of them--if thats how fickle they are, Id rather have 25,000 proper fans than that lot.

so we played bad....****ing awfull against a bang up for it side? did dailly deserve to be ****ed off?> no, i dont think so...you can rail at collins for (another) fuk up, but I personally think he's our future, and he's learning...the last thing he needs is people on his back...konch had another bad one...so what?!

Theres two people that shouldnt sleep well tonight...i) bellion...if that twat never puts on a west ham shirt again itll be a day too soon...a powder puff, useless ****, end of... iii) Carroll-shocking, awfull [pefromance..he's clearly got a young, inexperienced defence in front of him, and a new formation--he should be all over them-- i saw at LEAST five times where ther was no call, no direction, no NOTHING from him. Also, first goal, his absolutely useless, into nowhere GK , which left everyone out of position, led to the goal. His distribution was ****ing ***** all game...III) oh, ive just remembered , jeremey alaydfukin allyidere......got your chance, last chance, did fuk all again., now fuk off ok?!

tube journey home i) had a face to face with a loony god squad bloke who was ranting and raving and upsetting everyone...so i had a go back...however had an unnerving thought was going to stab me ii) some muggy millscum chav twat kept trying to turn the volume up on his manky ringtone to highlight the fact that his muggy bunch of p**** dockers scum had managed a nil nil against who the fuk!

happy days hey?>

COME ON U IRONS, lets get behind 'em!

p.s. anyone got two tickets for charlton--PM me?!
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

PaoloD wrote:Ironball and tit guest, appericate you having the common sense to see where I was coming from. Who knows, I may have been burnt at the steak if it werent you two! :shock:

Booing for booing sake is criminal. However, their is a difference. All I'm tryin to do is explain why it happened, has happened and will continue to do so until we're all six feet under.

Just imagine if no one had criticised on here tonight. What would the debate have been about? Would all the so called 'real fans' sat at their screens all waitied for first discenting to voice to lynch? Fellas, unless I'm miataken this a site to about all things West Ham, and this particular thread the Wigan game, all this 'look how far weve come' stuff with all due respect is boring now. Can we move on and have some constructive debate about when things go wrong?
TBH honest mate i wasn't having a dig at any individual as admittedly I skimmed through the posts without reading the authors!! But yeah I'll have some of that constructive debate stuff. :wink:

I just disagree with the booing. Criticism's what's needed you're right.
Ironball

Post by Ironball »

Romford Iron wrote:

I'm not trying to silence debate mate, you're entitled to your opinions.

But Harewood has been slagged constantly for most of this season, from people around me in BML and he also got the same last year, despite his major contributions in both goalscoring and overall play. And he does exactly so on here by a lot of people. I'll be the first one to hold my hands up and say if he played crap. He wasn't brilliant tonight. But on the flipside I'll tell you where he did the right things and defend him as well.

You live as a team and die as a team, and Marlon seems to be a scapegoat constantly. The Bolton home game where he missed the two chances being a prime example! Have you followed KUMB before you registered? If so, you'll know exactly what i mean mate. I respect your opinions of disgruntled critiscms, because I do the same, more so on this site! But i just see booing as a completely different matter. Especially if I'd worked so hard this year to try and do my best, and also if it brought success. Which it has.

Marlon did say in Hammers News a few months back pre-Villa that the team knows when they've played *****, and can understand the fan's frustration. But they'd much rather have them get behind them, as obvious as that sounds!! :wink:

Tonight was a blip in a fantastic season. To be honest in the summer i thought there might be a fair few more of the performances like tonight, but we've been brilliant so far. We haven't lost more than two defeats in a row, and 9th. I'm delighted.
I think the problem with Harewood is that as someone noted earlier, he is a very particular type of player. He's really not great as a target man with his back to goal like Shearer, or as a deep striker; and when the team is not set up to his advantage he just looks out of place. But when he gets the right service (tonight was a joke) he has the pace and power to hurt teams. You can't argue with his goalscoring record, and it was just ridiculous tonight when people cheered him going off. I'm not saying cheering when your own player goes off is ever acceptable - it's not - but it usually only ever happens when someone has been utter ***** for absolutely ages, not when someone has knocked in eight goals this term and played pretty well on occasion. I think some of it was ignorant one-time charlies at the game tonight, and some of it comes out of some (barely) subconscious racism that Harewood has faced since he came to West Ham.

The booing of individual players is pretty pathetic. I especially can't stand seeing Dailly booed as he seems a decent and dignified guy and is I have always thought a confidence player. He was no worse than Collins and Konchesky tonight imo.

And however much I believe we need to strengthen defensive central midfield, the poor distribution of Mullins, Dailly etc is down in large part to a lack of team organisation and play patterns as much as any innate lack of footballing ability. It's amazing how good someone like Phil Neville can look when you surround him with a well-organised unit of Scholes, Keane, Giggs etc.

I'm delighted too at the season so far, and highly rate Pardew as a manager. Which is why tonight's team was so strange, and why I am keen to see him take the team on to the next level. I briefly stopped going at the end of Redknapp's reign because it was so painful watching amazing players be outfought, outrun and outorganised; I think Pardew can do what Redknapp couldn't; and to do that he has to identify the right places to spend the cash and to give more collective shape to the players he keeps

I think a couple of us on here tonight have taken it in the neck in lieu of nailing those one-time charlies! :D
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

Unbelievable! Let me make one thing perfectly clear!
I saw the whole match via web tonight since i spent all my ****ing money on christmas!
Every second of every ****ing minute!
I actually see all west ham games! everyone, somehow i see it!

I no alot about football, so i'll say what the f*** i want! when i want!

I am not hear to slag off players, example Harewood, if i feel he is not playing well i'll say so!
Same for every other west ham player in the squad!
I dont just pick on Harewood all the time, i said collins as well, i said bellion
But as soon as i mentioned HAREWOOD!

f*** ME, ITS LIKE I SHOT SOMEONE!
I aint going to be portrayed as a **** on here, fans eg: major! saying i'm a twat no f*** all about football etc....
I have a ****ing right like every other ****ing fan, an opinion which is not b*llocks, its facts!

Also someone said about how do i know Alliadiere is better than Harewood!
Well its knowledge mate! I happen to know alot about players worldwide since its a ****ing hobby of mine!

It seems its alright to slag of tomas Repka! but not harewood!

But i dont live in a world ruled by reputation, its what they do on the pitch!
Last edited by Rediron on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
No_Bursting_My_Bubbles

Post by No_Bursting_My_Bubbles »

:(

At THe end of the day, if you travel miles pay strong money for a ticket and watch that ***** - you are entitle to let YOUR TEAM know they have let you and the club down.

I would have rather seen our local sunday league club play, It Was Awful.

Harewood struggled cos he had no service, Bellion was Total Crap! :?

Konch had a go same for collins and ferdinand.

Sorry but for me it was a big disapointment , even left early to get train :cry:
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

exactly mate
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

All fair points. But I'm a season man. And as far as the players go, they all get a thumbs up from me. I'll never boo or judge on one game. they'll be a few like tonight I'm sure in 2006, hopefully we'll be safe and sound by then!

RedIron, again your opinion mate. thought Zamora's performance was just as lackustre as Marlon's tonight, because of that long ball *****.

I thought tonight really showed where we need to strengthen more than anything, and where we lack cover. But that can only be a positive.

I'm sure Pards and the boys feel just as downhearted. We'll roll back against Charlton. We always do. It's the rollercoaster world of being an Iron!!
Fleet Hammer

Post by Fleet Hammer »

Have to say that i do not get to as many games as i would like, due to the fact that i play semi pro, but if i am honest i would have taken 17th place at the beginning of the season, and so would most people...

That way we can build on our squad, and move on like Bolton etc...

The lads have worked their nuts off this season, and have been very entertaining at times...

Okay we have been done tonight, and did not play well, but we were missing a number of influential players, so lets not get too carried away with this bad performance...

All this boong etc is only natural... as certain people do not understand the game.. (and never will) but believe me i have been there okay not the premiership but close enough, and the players will not let it get to them, yes they will be disappointed tonight, but that will soon rub off, and we will go and get a result against Charlton...

All i can say is come on you irons...

And i am proud to be a supporter of the team!!!
Rediron

Post by Rediron »

Well lets just all look forward to the Charlton game and January! :wink:
Southend Hammer

Post by Southend Hammer »

A lot of miserable hammers tonight. I had marked this down for three points and if we had a full squad to choose from I am sure that it would have ended up that way.

This just illustrates the lack of depth we have so Pardew had better get busy in the transfer market. I personally would like a replacement for Tomas, who is obviously on his way out, and a decent forward to give us more options up front. Neither Bellion or Allidaire have done anything with the few opportunities they have been given.

A selection from new decent quality forward, Katan, Zamora, Sheringham and Harewood would be pretty decent.

Last edited by Southend Hammer on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret & Bordeaux

Post by Claret & Bordeaux »

Rediron wrote:Unbelievable! Let me make one thing perfectly clear!
I saw the whole match via web tonight since i spent all my f*cking money on christmas!
Every second of every f*cking minute!

I no alot about football, so i'll say what the f*ck i want! when i want!

I am not hear to slag off players, example Harewood, if i feel he is not playing well i'll say so!
I dont just pick on Harewood all the time, i said collins as well, i said bellion

f*ck ME, ITS LIKE I SHOT SOMEONE!
I aint going to be portrayed as a c*nt on here, fans eg: major! saying i'm a twat no f*ck all about football etc....
I have a f*cking right like every other f*cking fan, an opinion which is not b*llocks, its facts!

Well its knowledge mate! I happen to know alot about players worldwide since its a f*cking hobby of mine!

You eloquent gentleman... proof that evolution will alays try to turn full circle to the advantage of the stuoid / ignorant...
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Because I can't be arsed to start a "The wigan match thread" thread, I'll just add my tuppence worth:

I didn't go to the game or see it (overseas, know nothing, armchair fan), I am just going to comment on the comments.

Apparently we played **** and lost.
Big deal. It will happen again this season, believe me.
Our first choice first team will give anybody in this league, up to and including Chelscum, a run for their money. Almost half of this team was injured/returning from injury so not match fit. This was basically a slightly better than full strength reserve team, playing together probably for the first time and playing against a very good, confident, well organised, full strength side. The fact that it was Wigan and not Manure makes no odds.

This website is the right place for criticism, constructive or otherwise, of the team/players/manager/manager's cat (Dave, who can see the future...) and debate/arguments, as is the pub, the train home etc. , I have no problem with that...

Those of you lucky enough to be able to get to the games are supposed to be supporters. Look the word up in the dictionary.

Arse and chelski etc. have spectators who turn up to see a game like some people go to the pictures. They go to be entertained but have no deep emotional ties with what they are doing, hence no passion and no atmosphere.

We have had, until recently, some of the best supporters in the land and the Boleyn Ground used to be a place where other teams feared to come because of the wall of noise supporting West Ham and being hostile to the opposition.

In the Coca Cola league it was a different story with visiting teams knowing that if they could go in at half time not losing, the boo boy muppets would get going and get on the backs of the West Ham players thus creating a vicious circle of errors causing boos and boos causing errors. The opposition should be worried about coming to our gaff, NOT our own f*cking team.....

Booing your own players is a disgrace. It is the opposite of what being a supporter is all about. I know most people, myself included give the odd groan or "Oh FFS Matty/Marlon/whoever" when they make a mistake but that is only human. The rest of the time, GET BEHIND THE TEAM! Support them, give them confidence, something to play for other than their pay checks and they may just pay you back by raising their game.

I reckon there are about 15-20K supporters of West Ham in total in the UK. Hats off to each and every one of them, (including those who moan, eloquently or not, on here! ) and a big :doff: to all who put the miles in to get to away games..

IRONS!!
Rusa

Post by Rusa »

Look at the players who were in the team yesterday. No experience en don't forget the mental situation of the team with missing so many important players.

Again is proven that although he is old and his best days are behind him Sir Teddy is important. He make's it easier for so many players. I'm not e real fan from Mullins but he surprised me so far. Conclusion can be that wtithout decent or 100 % fit players around him he's not so good. Every team needs a leader in the field. A half fit 21 year old midfielder just returning from an injury isn't that leader.

Bottom line in most of the comments is that yesterday was really bad and that with a couple of injuries the team has got a problem. Luckely for us this situation is happening after we already have so many points and just before the transfer window. IMAGE WE WERE SUNDERLAND!!

Oh and booing when you know your team has got lack of quality is the worst thing you can do. Pick the ref to boo about and try to make something positive happen is much better to do.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

Rediron wrote:Unbelievable! Let me make one thing perfectly clear!
I saw the whole match via web tonight since i spent all my f*cking money on christmas!
Every second of every f*cking minute!

I no alot about football, so i'll say what the f*ck i want! when i want!

f*ck ME, ITS LIKE I SHOT SOMEONE!
I aint going to be portrayed as a c*nt on here, fans eg: major! saying i'm a twat no f*ck all about football etc....
I have a f*cking right like every other f*cking fan, an opinion which is not b*llocks, its facts!

Well its knowledge mate! I happen to know alot about players worldwide since its a f*cking hobby of mine!

OH you saw it on the web!!!

I take it all back you must "no" loads bwahahahahahahhahaha

Your not even worth my ****ing time mate.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by MadMart »

Here we go then - I went as usual and stayed till the bitter end - take note 15,000!!

Worst Hammers performance I have seen for a couple of years.

Dailly - words fail me - utter rubbish - can't pass, tackle, throw or mark

Mullins - another poor performance mate

Harewood - move over big fella - you just ain't interested

Apart from Anton and first half Matty they should all hang their heads in shame. I'm aware of the injuries, but Wigan, at home??

No shots on or off target, no clear cut chances - rubbish
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

PaoloD wrote:I agree completely with you about Harewood and about us playing crap last season, and about being delighted at being ninth. BUT IT"S' JUST NONSENSE TO DEMAND THAT PEIPLE BE MUTE WHEN THEY PLAY BADLY; IT IS ONLY BY IDENTIFYING THE REASONS FOR PLAYING BADLY THAT SENSIBLE VIEWS CAN BE FORMED ABOUT WHERE WE NEED TO STRENGTHEN.

That's it in a nut-shell

So by booing the team off at half time and the end sensibly identified what? We were ***** maybe ?

I think the players knew that, booing does not sensibly identify anything!! you can say what you like on here dont bother me, i will disagree sometimes but say what you like.

Boo at games and as i have already said YOU ARE A ****.

You cannot critisise the players or the manager for a lack of talent, effort yes but critisising lack of talent achieve absolutley zero. In fact its detramental as the individual cannot put it right.

I agree IMO Pards got it wrong but will repeat he knows football a lot better than any of us he sees the players every day in training he knows fitness levels and he studies the opposition. He made a call to go 4-5-1 could have been wrong then again we could have lost 4-0 if playing 4-4-2 who fuckin knows?

What makes me laugh is if we had won tonight you lot would be hailing him as the new messiah and praising him for the 4-5-1!!

Anyway you can all go f*** your self at home i give up, you c**** can have the fuckin joke of a ground and make it into" just another" football club!! good fuckin luck to you.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Major wrote:So by booing the team off at half time and the end sensibly identified what? We were ***** maybe ?

I think the players knew that, booing does not sensibly identify anything!! you can say what you like on here dont bother me, i will disagree sometimes but say what you like.

Boo at games and as i have already said YOU ARE A c*nt.

You cannot critisise the players or the manager for a lack of talent, effort yes but critisising lack of talent achieve absolutley zero. In fact its detramental as the individual cannot put it right.

I agree IMO Pards got it wrong but will repeat he knows football a lot better than any of us he sees the players every day in training he knows fitness levels and he studies the opposition. He made a call to go 4-5-1 could have been wrong then again we could have lost 4-0 if playing 4-4-2 who fuckin knows?

What makes me laugh is if we had won tonight you lot would be hailing him as the new messiah and praising him for the 4-5-1!!

Anyway you can all go f*ck your self at home i give up, you c**** can have the fuckin joke of a ground and make it into" just another" football club!! good fuckin luck to you.
Exactly.

One bad home performance this season (where we have been punching massively above our weight) and people are booing. Given our paper thin squad and the number of injuries we have it shouldn't have been much of a surprise that this performance occurred now.

Utter ****ing c****.
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

For feks sake, a bad performance and all hell breaks loose.

Bad performances are the rarity this season, not the norm. Give it a rest and lets get our expectations back to normal. We WILL have off days this season and Pards is learning all the time, as are the layers.

It could be worse, we could be in the bottom 3, or be Sunderland, without a home win for 3 years!!