Charlton Ath 2 West Ham Utd 0 (31/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Ted Fenton knew my father wrote:Agreed another poor performance but make some allowance for the injuries. We will NOT go down because bar the biggest turn up ever Sunderland are down, that leaves 2 others . Simple calcluation, work out how much better the teams below us have to perform to make up the points difference with us.

All of them will play each other and pinch points so unless it's a 5 or 6 game spell without a point there is no danger of it happening this year.

Believe me as I seen enough relegations in 40+ years supporting West Ham, no going down this season.
I hope you are right. And more importantly I trust the players are not complacent and thinking that half a job is good enough. If our second half of the season is like Sunderland's first half we go down. Nobody should lose sight of that. And no b*llocks about too good to go down.......

We need some games where we play well for 90 mins. That has been a real weakness lately and would make a huge difference.
Post Horn Gallop

Re: Charlton

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Dwight1970 wrote:Look at Sunderland and if being realistic I am sure many of us would have exepected to see us down there with them. What we have acheived to date has exceeded all my expectations.

Unfortunately our squad sruggles when certain players are injured and sadly we have picked the worst week of the season to get knocks as there is very little recovery time.

Today we performed well 1st half but lacked that little bit of quality that say Sherringham and Yossi have given us this season hopefully with their return we will get back on track.

To be fair up front is not the area that concerns me but defensively is where we are weak. Gabbidon has been a massive signing for us and without him Anton and Collins inexperience and errors are being exploited. The player that has disappointed me is Carroll, I really cannot see what he offers us that Bywater does not, I had hope with his experience he would command his defence but on the evidence to date I am not seeing it.

In the middle of the park we need more strength, we are way too lightweight and often outmuscled and seem unable to stop runners on and off the ball.

Hopefully January will see us pick up a win and then we will get back on track, the saddest part of today is that Charlton were there for taking.
Back you all the way with your comments about Carroll I've commented a few times previously about his frailties. I'd have Bywater anyday even with his kicking.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

dodger wrote: I assure you he was excellent especially first half.
Excellent first half

Non-existent 2nd half