West Ham Utd 1 Chelsea 3 (02/01/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

I am law

Post by I am law »

Just back too.

carroll was our best player and let in 2/3 because of bad defending by "non-defenders". Most of the team gave it their all. From the Bobby Upper, it seemed like Marlon did the best we could have hoped for... on his own against 50mills-worth of international defender.

We fought for the 90. Can't ask for more.
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Harewood,Fletcher,Reo Coker,Etherington were our best players today.

Pardew you have to stop playing this 4-5-1 rubbish.

We have to raise our game towards these sorts a teams.

Prefer Aliadaire to bellion (he is useless...absolutly hopeless)

Oh well let's see what Katan can do.
londonrebel

Post by londonrebel »

Proud of the way marlon played today, he ran his socks off and fought for the 50/50 balls, Glad the fans clapped the players off the pitch today.
Thought the ref was a ****er and geremy should have got a straight red for flooring yossi but the only one in the ground not to see it was the ref.
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

Don't care what anyone says, every single West Ham player on that pitch today deserves all the credit in the world.

We came up against probably one of the best teams in the world today and we certainly didn't look outclassed. Unfortunately we gifted them 3 easy goals, we'll learn.

Maybe we should start worrying a little as the teams down the bottom are starting to win, but December was always going to be a hard month, after Villa away, we have 3 home games in close succession which will be crucial to pick point up from if we're going to stay up.

I still think we're good enough for this league and think that we'll do well.

A fantastic game today, just a shame we were beaten. :(
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Yeah bellion was ***** once more, sooner we send him back the better, was at the valley saturday and i thought aliadiere did pretty alright, he should be infront of bellion by a long way...
Quest

Post by Quest »

I am not having it that Collins is not Prem quality, he has come into the side and faced Chelsea and Owen/Shearer, no gentle introduction and finding your feet at the top level like Gabs had.

He out jumped Drog a few times and his blocking and tackling was good.

The poor part of his game today was disribution but then that was also partly due to Chelsea marking well + closing down our movement so had a job looking for an outlet.

Overall I am very pleased with him.

FF goal was down to Jossi failure to hoof it clear, Crespo's was Fletch losing it on the edge of the box.
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

fair enough we lost to a much better team but may I just say
Hats off to our support today! :doff: that was world class and alot more help to the team than what they had against Wigan, lost but still very proud!

Seriously need to pick up some points in the next 5-6 games now tho!!
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

GC How can you admit to slagging off Hayden Mullins most of the season? he has been ace… Wasn't my fave player but think he has been a very pleasant revelation this season!
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Hopefuilly will never see Bellion again. The useless ****
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

H4g5ster wrote: WELL HE'S GUIDE DOG HAD A GOOD GAME ! !

I thought he had a good game.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

We may have been outclassed at times today, but not outplayed. Fletch NRC and Mullins held the middle well today. Had we not had 5 in midfield I think we would have been overrun. No, Marlon is not a lone striker but at the moment he's the best we have so he has to do his best in that role. At times he looked brilliant (his turn and shot 2nd half) and at other times pure donkey, but 100% effort all the way through.

Collins only won one header against Drogba all game which is just not good enough. As has been said, Dailly did okay defensively but offers nothing going forward and our right hand side was bare today with Yossi not being effective (he didn't look fit to me?) Anton misses a dominant partner to boss him :shock:

Who said Carroll doesn't shout at the defense? He must have a worse sore throat than me! He made two world class saves today and stood little chance with the goals. Why do we put him under so much pressure with poor back passes though?

I said our right was bare, second half so was our left. Konch was pushed back most of the game and Matty, well a reasonable 1st half but where did he go 2nd?

Oh and one observation point, why do we have no one who can take a free kick from around the box?

But it's easy to pick holes, overall we played well. A good battling performance and kept going until the end and deserved their standing ovation from those who stayed till the end. Disappointed - Yes, worried - No.
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Russian Hammer wrote:Sorry but our defence was crap. Chelski scored 3 times, but should have scored 6 or 7. Shocking defence.
And I don`t want to see Benayoun in the squad. He was very poor! :shock:
Wot - he was quality just for the turn in the 2nd half left their Number 3 for dead. Reminded me on JC against Wimbeldon away at Selhurst. Roll on Villa when we need to win Danny will be back along with the Repka and hopefully some new signings.
wsu boleyn

Post by wsu boleyn »

just got back from the game and thought collins and daily had a SH*TER of a game
the first goal that should of been a goal cause the flick off a chelsea player to another chelsea player was clearly off side which went for a throw in then led to a goal was bad reffering and the amount of decisions the lino and ref got wrong is not acceptable.
harewood for most of the game was excelent really put the efort in as too mullins did
fans were excelent and my personel highlight was watching carrol boot the ball at morinio lmao
sort of written the game off anyway but still good to see the fans rally an get behind the team
4-5-1 doesnt work for whu like it never at reading as soon as pardew realises that the better
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

Someone really thought that we played ok? :shock:
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

And let`s see how Benayoun played when chelski scores the first goal!!!!
He should have not 6, but 4-!!!! Absolutely crap, no effort, no battle, no pass, NOTHING!
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

Not the horror story I expected - well done, the lads.
Chill_The_Kill
Yellow card - abuse

Post by Chill_The_Kill »

Marky wrote:Hopefuilly will never see Bellion again. The useless c*nt
And you base that on what?
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Chill_The_Kill wrote: And you base that on what?
The fact that when he comes on, he does absolutly f*** all again and again!
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Russian Hammer wrote:And let`s see how Benayoun played when chelski scores the first goal!!!!
He should have not 6, but 4-!!!! Absolutely crap, no effort, no battle, no pass, NOTHING!
Hmmm....with your name, location and comments it's easy to see who you were supporting today :think:

Fair play, Yossi wasn't at his best today, but one bad game and you say he shouldn't be in the side? There's such a thing as the bigger picture to look at and, overall this season, he has been superb.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Chill_The_Kill wrote: And you base that on what?

Watching him play football matches for West Ham