West Ham Utd 1 Chelsea 3 (02/01/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Never expected anything today other then to see us fighting all the way,they done this & so done us proud.
Southend Hammer

Post by Southend Hammer »

I didn't expect anything from this match and that is exactly what we got. We are mid table halfway through the season and have something to build upon so I am optimistic that we will be able to survive comrfortably this season. . Matty looked tired in the second half and our defence was put under more pressure because

NRC shows signs of getting back to form and Marlon is impressing me more as the season progresses. Even in the later stages of the game when he was obviously chasing a lost cause he still put in a tremendous amount of effort.
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

Southend Hammer wrote:Even in the later stages of the game when he was obviously chasing a lost cause he still put in a tremendous amount of effort.
A nice generalised feature of our post-Reading performances. Southend you really are going to have to stop writing things I agree with ;)
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

simon hammer wrote: Hmmm....with your name, location and comments it's easy to see who you were supporting today :think:

Fair play, Yossi wasn't at his best today, but one bad game and you say he shouldn't be in the side? There's such a thing as the bigger picture to look at and, overall this season, he has been superb.
I supported the team more than you can imagine! And when the player was crap, why shiouldn`t I say about it? Have you seen just one tackle from Benayoun??? :shock:
Southend Hammer

Post by Southend Hammer »

jay66uk wrote: A nice generalised feature of our post-Reading performances. Southend you really are going to have to stop writing things I agree with ;)

:D I am not sure how that happened but don't worry ...normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...this team does us proud even when we lose which is night and daywhen compared to the relegation team where there were times where it looked like Joe Cole was the only one who gave a toss.