Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 2 (14/01/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

SL

Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 2 (14/01/06)

Post by SL »

This is gonna be a tough one imo. Villa really picked up over the christmas period.

I'll be happy with a point but Im gonna stick my neck out and go for 2-1 to us.

I assume that Yossi and Caroll will be back and Teddy will probably make the bench for this one.

Assuming no new signings are made this week i think we'll see the below line-up.

For much of the game I think we'll line up as below but if we start getting on top of them I reckon Marlon will push up top and Yossi will move to right mid.

-----------------------------Caroll----------------------------

Repka-----------Anton------------Gabbs-----------Konch

----------------Reo-Coker---------Mullins------------------

---Harewood-------------Yossi--------------Ethers------

-----------------------------Bobby---------------------------

Shaka
Collins
Dailly
Katan
Teddy
resus

Re: Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by resus »

SL wrote:This is gonna be a tough one imo. Villa really picked up over the christmas period.

I assume that Yossi and Caroll will be back and Teddy will probably make the bench for this one.

Assuming no new signings are made this week i think we'll see the below line-up.

For much of the game I think we'll line up as below but if we start getting on top of them I reckon Marlon will push up top and Yossi will move to right mid.

Shaka
Collins
Dailly
Katan
Teddy
SL,

I'm with you on your first team. On the bench I would rather see Fletch for Dailly and if Teddy is not fit then Noble.

It will be a very important game. I watched Villa on Saturday and they were solid. Especially Hendrie looked really dangerous.

But we can do it. C'mon you IRONS !!!
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

Would like to see Katan come off the bench again for a run out.

We should have big support there, so I agree 2 - 1 to the Hammers!
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Villa will want revenge for the 4-0 hiding we gave them which could work in our favour if we can hit them quick on the break also good to have the Gabbidon/Anton partnership back in place for this one and that comment is not meant disrespectful against Collins as I think he has done well
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Gabers wrote:Villa will want revenge for the 4-0 hiding we gave them which could work in our favour if we can hit them quick on the break also good to have the Gabbidon/Anton partnership back in place for this one and that comment is not meant disrespectful against Collins as I think he has done well
Liar :lol:
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

I think we'll do them 3-1.

Can't wait. Villa is always a good one. Nice big section behind the goal, we are gonna make plenty of noise. Has our allocation sold out yet? Just wondered cos when I got mine at the Wigan game she said there was tones left.

I would love to see Katan start. Maybe out on the right. Looking forward to seeing the back 4 back again.

C'mon you Irons!
comeonyouirons

Post by comeonyouirons »

roblo wrote:I think we'll do them 3-1.

Can't wait. Villa is always a good one. Nice big section behind the goal, we are gonna make plenty of noise. Has our allocation sold out yet? Just wondered cos when I got mine at the Wigan game she said there was tones left.
I think we have applied for and are now selling an higher allocation. My ticket is in the Doug Ellis Stand along the side so I assume the North Stand Lower behind the goal is sold out.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

yeah

Post by w4hammer »

really looking forward to this one...given we may have seen the last of sooopa tom, I'll save the teamlist till later in the week.

Villa are much steadier than they were, but i still think they are soft at the back if you get at them..if we compete well in the middle with NRC and Yossi back, and get them on the backfoot, we could open them up i reckon...

i'll be happy with 2-2, delirious with a 1-3
roblo

Post by roblo »

Yeah, just checked the Official Site and it says we've got 3,800 now! how good is that!? It's gonna be ace. How long does it take to get to the ground from the city centre? Think they'll be a lot of hammers drinking in the city centre before the game?
trev_whu

Post by trev_whu »

roblo wrote:Yeah, just checked the Official Site and it says we've got 3,800 now! how good is that!? It's gonna be ace. How long does it take to get to the ground from the city centre? Think they'll be a lot of hammers drinking in the city centre before the game?
Heard it is a 15min cab or have to get a train to Aston. Does anyone know a good pub round that way?
comeonyouirons

Post by comeonyouirons »

roblo wrote:Yeah, just checked the Official Site and it says we've got 3,800 now! how good is that!? It's gonna be ace. How long does it take to get to the ground from the city centre? Think they'll be a lot of hammers drinking in the city centre before the game?
Official site saying nearly sold out now.
Wiltshire Ham err...
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Wiltshire Ham err... »

I hope all 3800 will be screaming their lungs out - I intend to.

Anyone know of any safe guaranteed parking nearbye? I looked on their website and it basically says 'don't bother - get the train'.

I reckon an open game with 4 goals minimum.
Cambs Iron
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Yeah looking forward to this one. Although we never win at Villa park when i go!
Hope Carrol and Yossi are back and Repka is still about to play.
Favhammer

Re: Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by Favhammer »

SL wrote:This is gonna be a tough one imo. Villa really picked up over the christmas period.

Shaka
Collins
Dailly
Katan
Teddy
This will be my first away game since .....the last one ...as I will be playing for the Internet Hammers against Brum on Sat am ...so I am certain to celebrate two midlands victories a techey 1-0 to hammers ....
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

A tough one ? b*llocks, the only reason we were **** over Christmas and New Year is because I was We always go on a losing streak when I'm away. Now that I am back in the harness results will improve again. Our magnificent F A Cup win was all down to my return from travels. Villa away will be an easy three points for us. They are utterly toothless up front.
SL

Post by SL »

Whats the pre-match boozer ?
roblo

Post by roblo »

trev_whu wrote: Heard it is a 15min cab or have to get a train to Aston. Does anyone know a good pub round that way?
Nope, thats why I'm intending to have a drink in the city centre beforehand. Hopefully there'll be some hammers about town. Theres a massive Weatherspoons in the city centre I think we might head to. Unless anyone knows of a decent place near the ground
D.C

Post by D.C »

I am a bit wary of this fixture...just have a horrible feeling the little shits will do us 1-0 in the last 10minutes...better not be! I 'ate the Villa :twisted:
Barking Iron
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Barking Iron »

hope to go on a run leading up to the cup match with blackburn so 1:0 katan off the bench to grab a late winner :lol:
JamesHarding

Post by JamesHarding »

Wiltshire Ham err... wrote:I hope all 3800 will be screaming their lungs out - I intend to.

Anyone know of any safe guaranteed parking nearbye? I looked on their website and it basically says 'don't bother - get the train'.

I reckon an open game with 4 goals minimum.
are many people traveling upto villa? I notice tickets have reached general sale and im now gettin tickets with some friends who are not st holders. im going up by coach!!

c'mon u irons :D