West Ham Utd 2 Fulham 1 (23/01/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I was happy the crowd were singimg Gabbidon's name after their goal & after the Konchesky **** up between them where he kicked the ball at Konch..

Seemed to get him through the game if you ask me cos he was DEFINATELY looking shaky...
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Gabers wrote: did you actually watch the game? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions on here but you have but be either on drugs or a total knobhead! How do you justify 0/10 for Gabbidon and say that Mullins average????
Gabbidon 0/10 because he single handidly gifted them a goal and nearly gifted them two more, nothing else more to add really, when one defenders mistakes nearly cost u the entire game and all the hard work by the others you get a zero, pretty straight forward really, Gabbs is still a good player but last night he wasnt, it happens let it go

Mullins was average, but the guy he was markin was much much worse, made him look better then he was, we might of won but to say we deserved the win is just silly. Fulham were better but just unlucky hence the harsh ratings.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

bonehead wrote:I like the way he nips out of position to kill a move and then nips back again.......like he's in stealth mode
He did this well at one point in the first half. They had the ball on the right, knocking it around our boys in midfield, suddenly gabbs appears out of nowhere, slides in, gets the ball, gives it to one of ours, then sprints back into defence. Like an assassin.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

sendô wrote: He did this well at one point in the first half. They had the ball on the right, knocking it around our boys in midfield, suddenly gabbs appears out of nowhere, slides in, gets the ball, gives it to one of ours, then sprints back into defence. Like an assassin.
I thought the same of Repka last night on more than one occasion he read the game so well and just made an odd run from no where to clear up danger and made some fantastic challenges

the new right back has huge boots to fill IMHO
reo_coker20
One line wonder
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by reo_coker20 »

Gabers wrote: did you actually watch the game? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions on here but you have but be either on drugs or a total knobhead! How do you justify 0/10 for Gabbidon and say that Mullins average????
how can you give carroll a 6 he done about 3 or 4 saves what kept the score to 2-1
mullins was he typical self not average just very solid.
gabbs was not our worst player yes he made a mistake for the goal but konchesky had a much worse game then him
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

i

Post by w4hammer »

cant beleive what a miserable bunch of ****s you lot are!

we got three points, scored two fanatasic goals, had a mare for about twenty mins in the second half....this is against a fulham side who were DESPERATELY unlucky against a full stregth chelsea side to go down 3-2 , at the 'bridgethree weeks ago.

when I read idiots writing things long the lines of "he gave away a goal...etc.. and therefore he deserves a 0/10" ...I realise that just like some of the people who sit around me at the Boleyn no only APPEAR to have no knowledge of the game, they HAVE no knowledge of the game, and can only assume they've arrived at west ham via a mystery tour that went wrong.

for what its worth, Gabbidon, IMHO had about a 7/10 first half, and a 4/10 second half...

you';ve got some short memories guys, thats all i can say..FFS get behind the team instead of sniping and bleating and imagining that we have a team of world beaters......or maybe pop along to the 'bridge next time up, im sure you'll find a few who share your views there....
orpingtonhammer

Post by orpingtonhammer »

ha anyone got a link for videos of the goals?
cockney farmer

Re: i

Post by cockney farmer »

w4hammer wrote:cant beleive what a miserable bunch of ****s you lot are!

we got three points, scored two fanatasic goals, had a mare for about twenty mins in the second half....this is against a fulham side who were DESPERATELY unlucky against a full stregth chelsea side to go down 3-2 , at the 'bridgethree weeks ago.

when I read idiots writing things long the lines of "he gave away a goal...etc.. and therefore he deserves a 0/10" ...I realise that just like some of the people who sit around me at the Boleyn no only APPEAR to have no knowledge of the game, they HAVE no knowledge of the game, and can only assume they've arrived at west ham via a mystery tour that went wrong.

for what its worth, Gabbidon, IMHO had about a 7/10 first half, and a 4/10 second half...

you';ve got some short memories guys, thats all i can say..FFS get behind the team instead of sniping and bleating and imagining that we have a team of world beaters......or maybe pop along to the 'bridge next time up, im sure you'll find a few who share your views there....

What he said, good post W4 .
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

Told yer all so in my post last nite. " WE'LL WIN TONIGHT - GOT IT" !!l You see I get this really positive feeling when we are gonna win and wait for it .................... I've got it for the Blackburn cup game too !!!! So relax all you guys who are lucky enough to be going on saturday, The badger has spoken !
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Some players had off days.

Some players did well.

Two great goals.

Terrific entertainment.

Three points putting us in 9th and 13 points into the safety zone.

What a night.

Went to bed at 1.00 after watching goals on Sky. Still buzzing at work this morning.

Good luck Tom