FAC4: West Ham Utd 4 Blackburn Rovers 2 (21/01/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

daniel

FAC4: West Ham Utd 4 Blackburn Rovers 2 (21/01/06)

Post by daniel »

This game is an important one, IMO.
I would start most of the usual first eleven.
With the exception of Marlon, Matty, Mullins and Konchesky, who need the rest.
Yossi is just starting to show signs of a full recovery, Gabbidon is a defensive rock, Anton as well, NRC needs to gain his confidence back.
Katan and Ashton should play as well IMO, in order to get used to the team's style of play.
What do you think of cup ties, rest the players or play the strongest squad possible?
What would your line-up look like, and what's your prediction ahead of the game?
simian major
Location: "Houston, we have a problem" .... "the Simian has landed"

Post by simian major »

Going to be a tough one - physically and mentally.
Blackburn like to stick it about a bit - but do have some skillful players - Pederson especially.
Also both teams probably see the FA cup as their most realistic opportunity/route to European football nest year.

That said....C'MON U IRONS !!!!
Shminky Malinky

Post by Shminky Malinky »

Play the strongest team possible.

We should aim to win the cup, esp as we are now more or less safe from a relegation scrap.

I would keep the same team as last night with the exception of Collins (or hopefully new right back) for Repka and Ashton on the bench in place of Sheringham.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Hislop - Let Carroll rest his back problem.

Collins - Prefer a real defender out there.
Ferdinand
Gabbidon
Clarke - Give Konchesky a rest and see how he copes.

Benayoun
Reo-Coker
Mullins
Katan - Give Etherington a rest and see how Katan does.

Ashton - Give Marlon a rest.
Zamora

SUBS: Bywater - Dailly - Konchesky - Noble - Harewood
ukchrish
Total likes: 1 like

Post by ukchrish »

I think a good run is important for us this year. The team is buzzing and everyone looks like they want to play. I say we use the spirit and go full steam into a cup tie.

Ashton/Katan could come in for Marlon. We also have Teddy back so Marlon deserves his rest. I'd leave it there to be honest. Matty looks a little out of sorts but dropping him could dent his confidence.

If Pards wants to change it a little maybe Hislop could come in for Carroll and Clarke maybe in for Repka on the right (not sure if he can play RB or not). I reckon Anton, Gabbs and Konch all have to play - esp Konch and Gabbs to sort this communication mixup out.
SL

Post by SL »

I think Pardew will play his strongest team.

He always talks about wanting us to win stuff and seeing as we are not struggling in the relegation zone I think he will be bold.

Judging by the way Bobby limped off yesterday im guessing we will see Ashton and Marlon up front.

I would defintley like to see more than just 5 minutes of Katan on Saturday. I thought he looked very lively last night.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Im looking forward to seeing Deano play, its gonna be a tough call as to who he will partner. I really want us to have a decent cup run this season.
Its going to be a tough game, but Im quietly confident.
I will reserve judgement on the scoreline until I see the team Pards puts out.
I am law

Post by I am law »

Carroll (surely yesterday's man of match

Newton
Anton
Gabbidon
Clarke

Yossi
Mullins
NRC
Katan

Marlene
Z-man

(Ashton on at half time for the forward who has either not scored or looked less likely to if we haven't scored at all).

Reasons

Konch and Etherington seemed off the pace yesterday.

Problems

We haven't got a RB agaist Morten Handball Pedersen :?

Outcome

WHU 2 v 1 Blackburn :)

(Katan :D , Z-man)
(Random Blackburn clogger)
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

We need a good run for many reasons. Morale, Euro football next season, money to play for Deano, etc. Play the strongest team and go for broke.

3-2 West Hame :D
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Im glad someone else mentioned it.

I would put collins on a man marking job on pedersen, he is the creative outlet for blackburn and as there is at the mo no recognised rb taking pedersen out of the game will be good enough, we dont need to worry about the rb getting forward let the left do that.......
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

Is the FA disciplinary committee looking at Pedersen's blatant punch into the net on saturday. That was a straight red and he should be picking up an automatic ban. Which would be quite handy for us.......

Can anyone do a good impression of a moody Glaswegian just in case they need a formal complaint from the relevent manager before they take action?
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

I'd settle for a 1niller of anyone of our players asses, saying that even if it came off a Blackburn players ass i wouldn't complain. Lets just keep this little winning run going. :D
Boris Badenov

Post by Boris Badenov »

We've got a few who need a rest and a few who could do with a game. I'd go

Hislop

Clarke
Gabbidon
Ferdinand
Collins

Katan
Fletcher
NRC
Benayoun

Ashton
Zamora

Carroll, Dailly, Noble, Etherington, Harewood
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

lynothehammer wrote:I'd settle for a 1niller of anyone of our players asses, saying that even if it came off a Blackburn players ass i wouldn't complain. Lets just keep this little winning run going. :D
dailly scoring with his b*llocks against one of his old clubs would be the stuff of genius
scosborn
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by scosborn »

Im sure he will start with Ashton and harewood up front, that is bound to be the first choice paring to begin with. If zamora has a slight knock then Teddy will be on the bench.
James P
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 169 likes

Post by James P »

Boris73 wrote:Is the FA disciplinary committee looking at Pedersen's blatant punch into the net on saturday. That was a straight red and he should be picking up an automatic ban. Which would be quite handy for us.......

Can anyone do a good impression of a moody Glaswegian just in case they need a formal complaint from the relevent manager before they take action?
They would have no power as the ref awarded a goal. They cannot over rule a ref's decision, only punish players for incidents that the referee missed.

I think we should bring in Collins for Repka and Ashton for Zamora and go for it full throttle.

We're safe now, league games will simply determine where we finish between 7th and 14th. Let's put 100% effort into tha cup and maybe get a third trip to Cardiff!
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

How id line em up

Hislop (give Carroll a rest has to play v Arsenal if we want a point)
Collins Ferdinand Gabbs Konch
Newton Benayoun Fletcher Katan
Zamora Ashton
Bench : Carroll Reo Cocker Mullins Sheringham Daily
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

i would play the same team as last night, with ashton coming on at half time along with fletcher just go allow one of the central midfielders a rest. To be honest i wouldnt mind if shaka got a start
I am law

Post by I am law »

James P wrote:
They would have no power as the ref awarded a goal. They cannot over rule a ref's decision, only punish players for incidents that the referee missed.

Also - if you look closely at the punched goal, that cheat Bowyer is pulling MGPedersen over at the time that he makes contact with the ball...

Bottom line Pedersen is there only true creative outlet. Bellamy was suspended against the Barcodes. Is he still suspended for Saturday?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2705 likes

Post by sendô »

I think we should be fielding our strongest possible side and looking to win this one. Blackburn are playing tonight/tomorrow night against manure in the tinpot cup and so may be a little jaded by the weekend.

However it could be an opportunity to rest one or 2 players that need it:

Carroll/Hislop (depending on the back problem. Is he in the middle of a personal injuries claim or what?)

Collins (please not Dailly, and definately not Newton who is in no way a RB)
Anton
Gabbs
Konch/Clarke (not sure how good clarke actually is, and is it worth taking a risk with him?)

Yossi
NRC
Mullins
Katan (Give Matty a rest, he needs it, and Katan is looking too good to not give a run out)

Ashton (get the big man in there and give Marlon a weekend off)
Zamora

subs:
Ready Steady Teddy
Dailly
Newton
Fletcher
Matty

2-1 to the Irons, Ashton & Zamora, savage to get sent off :D