Arsenal 2 West Ham Utd 3 (01/02/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

SAS

Post by SAS »

Agincourt Version 2

British mettle against French 'flair'.

Top, top result. Well done the lads. Superb victory and a sweet one to break the 'we haven't beaten higher opposition' jinx.
steward205

a

Post by steward205 »

we won the last time at highbury..last time at highbury.
D.C

Post by D.C »

Am I dreaming?!?!

C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
Boogers Caravan Blues

Post by Boogers Caravan Blues »

Herts Iron wrote:Im still feeling very :aveit:

And Im wearing my WHU shirt at work 8-)
Watched the game in the now renamed Zamora's (Cheers in Regents Street). Brillant! More West Ham than Gooners there. Then didn't get home till 14:00 in Sunny Basildon thanks to C2C. Can't wait to welcome the lads on the pitch on Saturday.

Question for those at the game - What was wrong with Henry? 1st time I ever seen him so worked and trying to get opposition players booked after every challenge. But then who cares. This can only be topped by beating the ***** Hart Lane crew and pipping them for a European place in May.
steward205

c

Post by steward205 »

CAMP bell alledgedly
anyway no chance for the world cup now....leaving at half timehow unprofessional
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

i thought mullins was excellent last night. I know it's been said before but I'll say it again: he has really settled in that position. I thought he was dominant last night.
D.C

Post by D.C »

jacko wrote:i thought mullins was excellent last night. I know it's been said before but I'll say it again: he has really settled in that position. I thought he was dominant last night.
Another class performance from Mullins.

Thought the decision to bring on 10k was brilliiant and take off Benayoun..another class decision :wink:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1154 likes
Total likes: 897 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

I hope Adebayor watched the game as the twat chose the Arse in preference to us :lol:
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

D.C wrote: Another class performance from Mullins.

Thought the decision to bring on 10k was brilliiant and take off Benayoun..another class decision :wink:
I though Newton was superb. He won every tackle and made us more solid down the right hand side. Wasn't it him that set up the third goal too.
Mayday
Has liked: 134 likes
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Mayday »

The last time the Arse conceeded three goals at Highbury was a 4-2 defeat against Man Utd on 1st February 2005.
I Prefer Pepsi

Post by I Prefer Pepsi »

Still aint got my head round it.

Another special night with West Ham 8-)
nonstickhickey

Post by nonstickhickey »

I work with a blackburn fan and what a morning we've had !!

Gooners & muppet reds getting mugged off left, right & centre.

On another note ... Has anyone thought if the Inter 2bob still a possibility for next year ?

Another night like Metz would be perfect ...
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

BMU.WIC wrote: At this point I collapsed in a fit of laughter at your post... too true my Aussie mucka... Jesus I hope Shaka isn't in that kind of form come the World Cup!!!

Fair dinkum, imagine winning silverware, how good is this
on paper this side is 2 goals a game worse than the west ham side that was demoted,
talk about a champion team beating a team of champions.
We are on the verge of Europe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
makes sitting up to 5.00am , listening to championship division games on audio feed worth it.
we are west ham, we are west ham, west are west ham
go you f**********rking Irons
I cant believe how Matty, marlon etc get bagged on here, we are probably paying championchip wages and we are on the verge of europe.
RoverDave

Post by RoverDave »

Like you boys, we had an average result last night too. 8-)

Great results last night and thanks for winning!! We are now level on points with the Arse!

Very similar games in that the underdogs both won and some absolutely comical defending from 2 of the defenders who could be leading out England in the summer. :shock:

Thanks again!! and a great goal by Zamora....
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

How wonderful was that. This is without doubt the best hangover I've ever had.

Bit pissed at everyone in the papers saying the second goal was a mistake by Campbell it was sheer class from bobby - out paced him, out thought him, out muscled him, out turned him, and then hit the sweetest strike. Couldn't have placed that ball better if he'd strolled up with it tucked under his arm and nailed it up to the back of the net.

I hadn't realised how strong bobby is. Campbell crashed into him and then just fell to the floor - I suppose this is the Arsenal way. They've got so used to cheating their way to victory they get a bit confused when refs don't just give them a free kick every five seconds.
Fatty D

Post by Fatty D »

No I agree with that, for years players have just bounced of Campbell but Bobby is a big lad and younger and Campbell just bounced off him, but do the papers give him credit.....
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

Hi guys, haven't read all the posts so I'll make this one really short as I'm sure there are many glowing tributes to all our boys. Last night was simply magnificent. Due to a lecture over-running and the usual traffic congestion in Rome, I only caught the end of the first half, after which time we were already 2-0 up, and the whole of the second half. Missed our 3rd goal live as I was at the bar buying a drink at the time, but it didn't matter to me as I knew would win. Told you all so on here the other day didn't I ?
HammerWop

Post by HammerWop »

ElmerPhud

Post by ElmerPhud »

Mayday wrote:The last time the Arse conceeded three goals at Highbury was a 4-2 defeat against Man Utd on 1st February 2005.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate of mine here's a Gooner. Guess who's birthday was yesterday?????

2 years running and his beloved Gunners have been shafted!

So this is what Schadenfreuder (sp.?) feels like.
GIBBO

Post by GIBBO »

it was brilliant last night! I sat in the south stand clock end. i was a yard to the left of arsenal fans and was giving it all night. When they pulled it back to 2-1 some man in his late 40's was having a go at me and saying they would thrash us. So i shouted to this man "Oi mate ur a ****er!" then five or maybe six tried giving me stick.

Then a few of us just went shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Another positive: ive been highbury once and won once and it will always stay like that :D

Im a lucky omen :raver: