Arsenal 2 West Ham Utd 3 (01/02/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

joe_lion

Post by joe_lion »

Haven't read the rest of this thread but just wanted to say I did not think I'd ever see a West Ham side play with that level of courage, commitment and determination to win. It was a heroic effort summed up best by one man: Anton Ferdinand - this guy is a monster and we have a truly world class defender in the making.

Special mention in dispatches to Clive Clarke who coped manfully out of position and deserves a run at left back after another shaky display from Konch.

Shaka! I love this guy! 8-) Should keep his place IMO.

Matty: showed real quality when we had possession; some lovely long balls to the front men.

NRC and Hayden: 'The Dynamic Duo' never gave Silva and Diaby a seconds peace.

Zamordinho: proving me right every game! Get in Z Man!

Big Deano. He's a big lump aint he?! He's got a backside like a cow's banjo! An immaculate debut IMO. Held the ball up superbly and did not give the ball away once, which was exactly what was required. Believe me he's gonna be good and Pards has got a real selection headache up front now. Is there any way to play all three?

Last but not least; The Gaffer: baffled me completely in the second half by switching back to 4-4-2 and had me ****ing him off at the telly. Just shows to go you why he's a Premiership manager and I'm not!
U Da Man!

:doff: :pards:
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Post by comeonyouirons »

when the ball hits the net...........

Get in there West Ham!!!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

"You're looking rather chipper this morning" noted my boss as I staggered in this morning with a stinking hangover and a massive grin.

"You're not ****ing wrong there, boss!" was the only sensible reply.
staines moore
Location: Staines , home of Carlton Cole and a few hardy West ham fans

Post by staines moore »

staines moore wrote:A certain Mr Henry requires 1 goal to beat the all-time Arsenal league goals record (150) and 2 to attain 200 club goals in all competions, I fear he will acheive both milestones tonight especailly when we have no right back to play against his leftsided breakaways.

Arsenal are woeful away from "the library" but devastating at home. Only Manyoo and the Scum have taken points off em. I fear a plucky but fruitless encounter 3-1 Harewood consolation pen near the end. sorry :(
OK so what do I know!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all of you that predicted a win, I will learn from my mistakes and accept my sincere apologies for ever doubting our club. Unbelievable result and gutted I wasn't there to see it.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

:raver:

That is all.
NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

Oh dear just got home from the game....ended up with a few gooners who thought it would be a good idea to do some little fellas after the game....perhaps they needed cheering up, the next thing i know it was loads of chop chop, down to SoHo at 2 and crawling out of a drinking den at 8.....

Come on you Irons :lol:
joe_lion

Post by joe_lion »

NXA wrote:Oh dear just got home from the game....ended up with a few gooners who thought it would be a good idea to do some little fellas after the game....perhaps they needed cheering up, the next thing i know it was loads of chop chop, down to SoHo at 2 and crawling out of a drinking den at 8.....

Come on you Irons :lol:
Lucky ****! Some of us are working :evil:
NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Post by NXA »

joe_lion wrote: Lucky c*nt! Some of us are working :evil:

If it is any consolation i feel like ****....

actually i am lieing (sp) we beat the gooners at the library and now that i am home it is only sinking in 8-)
Last edited by NXA on Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
joe_lion

Post by joe_lion »

NXA wrote:
If it is any consolation i feel like sh*t....

actually i am lieing (sp) we beat the gooners at the library 8-)
Roll on Friday night. I shall be deferring my 'celebrations' accordingly! :wink:

:doff: my friend!
NXA

Post by NXA »

joe_lion wrote: Roll on Friday night. I shall be deferring my 'celebrations' accordingly! :wink:

:doff: my friend!

:doff: :aveit: to my gooner mates it was them that took me out
X-Isle Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by X-Isle Iron »

I had the pleasure of watching the game on the sofa (me that is, not the game) next to my DDG girlfried who is.......................................................

A GOONER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmm yeah mm oooh oooh yes yes mmm give it to me baby YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!!!!
X-Isle Iron

Post by X-Isle Iron »

kthammer wrote:- I hadn't realised how much moaning Thierry goes through. ...
Henry is French, moaning is a compulsory subject at school in France. They're lobbying for it to get put in the Olympics.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Total agony!

Sat in the Clock End with all the gooners 7 seats from the away fans and not able to join in the "Let's go f**king mental" celebrations!

Suppose it was worth it though :wink:

Highbury 1913 - 2006.........and we left it behind with 3 points under our arm!

Come on you Irons!!!
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

What was great about last night is that we won DESPITE that cheating, bent, bribed, blind lino. What a shocker he had. I don't suppose anyone watching on tele would have been able to pick it up but anyone who was there will know what i mean.

Thought Anton was pick of the bunch last night. Or Zamora.

Great team effort though, good to see the players coming over to us at the end too. Bring on Bolton.
clawhammer
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

So proud to be a Hammer this morning. Bollocking from wife because every time we scored I jumped up yelling and the cat hit the ceiling. Real hard work, spot-on tactics and life is just great. Roll on Saturday. :D :D :D :D :D
Norbert_Up_Norf
Location: Chav Corner, St James Park, Newcastle (a long way from home)

Post by Norbert_Up_Norf »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote:What was great about last night is that we won DESPITE that cheating, bent, bribed, blind lino. What a shocker he had. I don't suppose anyone watching on tele would have been able to pick it up but anyone who was there will know what i mean.

Thought Anton was pick of the bunch last night. Or Zamora.

Great team effort though, good to see the players coming over to us at the end too. Bring on Bolton.
It was bleedin obvious on TV too mate - at least 3 or 4 AWFUL decisions.....
Lost Hammer
Conehead the bar alien

Post by Lost Hammer »

Its so good today at work.

Just so soooo good. 8-)
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham

ahah

Post by w4hammer »

hahahaha\\
Oh dear just got home from the game....ended up with a few gooners who thought it would be a good idea to do some little fellas after the game....perhaps they needed cheering up, the next thing i know it was loads of chop chop, down to SoHo at 2 and crawling out of a drinking den at 8.....

Come on you Irons Laughing

...thanks for the invite!!!??

a proper impromptu wednesday night session...GET IN!!!
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Im still feeling very :aveit:

And Im wearing my WHU shirt at work 8-)
DI GREEKIO
Connoisseur of crap

Post by DI GREEKIO »

what can i say...amazing throughout this game!!!

typical west ham.i had betted for a 1-3 win, u can imagine what me was gonna earn, to see my dreams fade and die in the last minute.oh f***