FAC5: Bolton Wanderers 0 West Ham Utd 0 (18/02/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Not vintage West Ham at all, we played like a team that was desparate not to get get beat and I can't remember us having a shot in the first half.

I'm not sure if it was the poor condition of the pitch but we seemed content to hoof the ball up the pitch and try to pick out Ashton, who did have a poor game, getting penalised every time he tried to win a header.

I don't know if the right flank had been designated a no go area but Benayoun and Harewood who both played that side both hardly got the ball.

Still I think we got the result we set at to and I look forward to Bolton bring 5000 + to the Boleyn and one ****ing drum.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Neatly summed up in the Observer...
Honour was satisfied all round, but it was West Ham who went away with an extra spring in their step. Despite the end to a seven-match winning streak, with a home replay, on 7 March, the Hammers now look a decent bet for a quarter-final place after a resilient performance.

Bolton stretched their unbeaten record here to 18 matches and had more of the play. But much of their work was nullified by strong defensive work or the absence of a telling final ball. A draw was a fair reflection of a tie which never really took off.
steward205

bolton

Post by steward205 »

In view of the fact we will now play Bolton twice in quick succession but not for a couple of weeks have I now set a record for the longest most viewed thread in the history of KUMB!!!!. :doff:
Herts Iron

Re: bolton

Post by Herts Iron »

steward205 wrote:In view of the fact we will now play Bolton twice in quick succession but not for a couple of weeks have I now set a record for the longest most viewed thread in the history of KUMB!!!!. :doff:
Erm, no.
butzee

Post by butzee »

Herts Iron wrote: Erm, no.
Ashtons header was very poor for a £7,000,000 man should be on target then one nil to the cockney boys...gotta do better deano!!
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

butzee wrote:Ashtons header was very poor for a £7,000,000 man should be on target then one nil to the cockney boys...gotta do better deano!!

lol
Boris73

Post by Boris73 »

It's probably illegal to do this on KUMB but I've gotta say fair play to fat sam for his post match comments. Calling your centre forward a cheating c*nt isn't something i imagine many other managers in the premiership would do, certainly not the myopic frenchman anyway.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

butzee wrote:Ashtons header was very poor for a £7,000,000 man should be on target then one nil to the cockney boys...gotta do better deano!!
Yeah, that is right. I mean, if a club paid that much for you then by rights you have to score at every opportunity.... :roll:

I see Ronaldinho missed a pen a few weeks back, does that make him not worth his value?
SAS

Post by SAS »

Herts Iron wrote: Yeah, that is right. I mean, if a club paid that much for you then by rights you have to score at every opportunity.... :roll:

I see Ronaldinho missed a pen a few weeks back, does that make him not worth his value?
No......but he is a w#nker
steward205

b

Post by steward205 »

20/02/2006 10:34

Further to our announcement at the weekend regarding the provisional date for our FA Cup fifth round replay against Bolton Wanderers, we have now been informed of a change.

The Football Association have now confirmed that, should Bolton beat Marseille in their UEFA Cup tie on Thursday and progress to the last 16 of the competition, our replay will now take place on MONDAY, MARCH 6.

Chaos-New provisional date

However, if they lose to the French side and go out of the competition, the match will be played on either TUESDAY, MARCH 14 or WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15. The decision on these two dates would depend on the BBC's choice for live TV coverage.

The situation is made all the more complex by the fact that we are also scheduled to travel to Bolton in the Premiership on Saturday March 11 - a game that will be put back 24 hours if the Trotters do in fact beat Marseille, as the first leg of their last 16 clash in the UEFA Cup will take place on Thursday, March 9.

We will announce the finalised date and kick-off time for the replay here on whufc.com as soon as it is confirmed.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

SAS wrote:No......but he is a w#nker
Not a ****er, greatest player in the world mate
steward205

replay

Post by steward205 »

from o.s

Reduce the prices and it will be a full house Pards

Alan Pardew is urging Hammers fans to turn out in force for our FA Cup fifth round replay against Bolton Wanderers and make it another special night at the Boleyn Ground.

Although the date for our clash against the Trotters won't be finalised until the outcome of their UEFA Cup clash against Marseille on Thursday is known, a win would set up a quarter-final clash away at Manchester City or Aston Villa, and the Hammers boss is now viewing our FA Cup challenge as a key priority.

Victory against Bolton would guarantee a total of seven matches for the Club during the month of March - possibly including four arduous journeys to the north-west of England - and, with the schedule likely to hit many fans in the pocket, Pards has a message for anyone facing a dilemma over which matches to attend.

He says: "Our replay against Bolton is now the most important fixture of the season, and I'm urging our supporters to make sure we have a packed house when the game is played.

"I want Upton Park turned into a cauldron that night, and we are already making plans to ensure that a special atmosphere will be in place, so we need our fans to turn out in force and make it another memorable occasion.

"I realise that, with several games and some long away trips in March, some of our fans may be under financial strain when it comes to attending the matches.

"If it is a case of selecting which game to buy tickets for, then I would urge you to make this FA Cup replay a priority, because we are determined to enjoy a night to remember.

"As I said last week, the winner of this tie has a great chance of going all the way in the competition, and our fantastic supporters can play a key role in inspiring the players to produce a performance to be proud of."

Click here for more information on purchasing tickets for our FA Cup fifth round replay against Bolton Wanderers.
steward205

Post by steward205 »

steward205 wrote: Yep replay due if a draw at the reebok-wont be needed though :wink:

No wonder Bolton are complainin about fixture congestion

This is double trouble!!!!
Tuesday, 07 March 2006
FA Cup
West Ham v Bolton, 19:45
West Ham v Bolton, 19:45
steward205

REPLAY

Post by steward205 »

FROM O/S

West Ham United can now confirm that our FA Cup fifth round replay against Bolton Wanderers at Upton Park will take place on Wednesday, March 15.

Following Bolton's defeat to Marseille in the second leg of their UEFA Cup tie on Thursday night, Sam Allardyce's men are now free to play on the date originally scheduled by the Football Association for fifth round replays.

The game is to be televised live on BBC1. Kick-off time to be confirmed shortly.

For information on purchasing tickets for the game, please click here

*Bolton's defeat in the UEFA Cup also means that our league fixture at the Reebok Stadium will definitely be played on Saturday, March 11.
WestHam4Life

Re: REPLAY

Post by WestHam4Life »

steward205 wrote:FROM O/S

West Ham United can now confirm that our FA Cup fifth round replay against Bolton Wanderers at Upton Park will take place on Wednesday, March 15.

Following Bolton's defeat to Marseille in the second leg of their UEFA Cup tie on Thursday night, Sam Allardyce's men are now free to play on the date originally scheduled by the Football Association for fifth round replays.

The game is to be televised live on BBC1. Kick-off time to be confirmed shortly.

For information on purchasing tickets for the game, please click here

*Bolton's defeat in the UEFA Cup also means that our league fixture at the Reebok Stadium will definitely be played on Saturday, March 11.

That is brilliant that has made my day 8-)

Im goin San Siro again on the tuesday to watch inter v ajax champions league and then come home wednesday lunchtime and go straight to west ham what a turnout, i was praying for this to be on the wednesday.