West Ham Utd 2 Everton 2 (04/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Dan M

West Ham Utd 2 Everton 2 (04/03/06)

Post by Dan M »

Walker
Scaloni Anton Gabbidon Koncheski

Yossi Mullins Reo Coker Matty

Marlon Ashton

But Hislop will probably stay in goal
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

You can't put Walker in straight away having been out so long
Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

I know but I think he deserves a chance
Joe C
Darth Lemsip

Post by Joe C »

So do I, but Shaka doesn't deserve to be dropped and Walker needs more reserve matches first
Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

Id agree for an outfield player but not so much for a keeper as they dont need as much stamana as an outfield player
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

****ing hell Dan, given that you put this match thread up so early can I guess that you have already done your Christmas shopping for 2006?
Sound Kev

Post by Sound Kev »

3 clean sheets in a row ...
i know , lets drop the keeper !

as much as we'd all like to see Jimmy get a first team game , what kind of message would that send to the players ?

thankfully - thats not Pardews style .

the squad picks itself at the moment - apart from which of the 4/5 strikers should start . personally I'd go with Bobby and Ashton for this one ... mainly because Zamora's been on fire recently ... and Harewood makes a massive impact when he's subbed on .

Great to be in the position that - no matter who starts up front - we'll still have a great forward line .

roll on Saturday .
Dan M

or

Post by Dan M »

Sound Kev wrote:3 clean sheets in a row ...

as much as we'd all like to see Jimmy get a first team game , what kind of message would that send to the players ?

the squad picks itself at the moment - apart from which of the 4/5 strikers should start . personally I'd go with Bobby and Ashton for this one ... mainly because Zamora's been on fire recently ... and Harewood makes a massive impact when he's subbed on .

Great to be in the position that - no matter who starts up front - we'll still have a great forward line .

roll on Saturday .
Saying that your saying I know lets drop a striker that scares the **** out of defences.

The clean sheet is down to the back 4 and Shaka hasnt had too much to do.
Sound Kev

Re: or

Post by Sound Kev »

Dan M wrote: Saying that your saying I know lets drop a striker that scares the sh*t out of defences.

The clean sheet is down to the back 4 and Shaka hasnt had too much to do.

point taken Dan - but Pardew's talked about rotating the strikers since the Ashton signing ... they're all well aware of it . It's a long season and it's common practice , I've never heard of any manager rotating the keepers though ... and it aint gonna happen .

you're doin Shaka a bit of a disservice there too mate, as well as we've defended , he's still made some vital saves !
Dan M

well

Post by Dan M »

Dont get me wrong but Walker is a quality keeper and he is one of the reasons we are in the premier league.
Phil S
Has liked: 463 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Re: well

Post by Phil S »

Dan M wrote:Dont get me wrong but Walker is a quality keeper and he is one of the reasons we are in the premier league.
I make you right

lets play Ward, Zamora and Newton as well

and maybe give Chrissy Powell a call
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

2 goals coles wrote: I make you right

:lol:

It's a no-brainer...Hislop deserves his place in the team at the moment. It was only a few weeks ago that people were complaining that we weren't keeping any clean sheets. Now we are and you want to change the keeper? Very odd.
I'd agree with the rest of your selection though Dan.
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

2 goals coles wrote: I make you right

No as Konchesky is a better left back obviously Zamora playes as does Newton on occasion.

From your sarcasam I take it you think Walker is crap then
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Lufbra Iron wrote: :lol:

It's a no-brainer...Hislop deserves his place in the team at the moment. It was only a few weeks ago that people were complaining that we weren't keeping any clean sheets. Now we are and you want to change the keeper? Very odd.
I'd agree with the rest of your selection though Dan.
Wasnt Hislop signed to cover Walker by any chance??

Carrol was always goig to be 1st choice
Phil S
Has liked: 463 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Dan M wrote: No as Konchesky is a better left back obviously Zamora playes as does Newton on occasion.

From your sarcasam I take it you think Walker is crap then
You take it wrong

I love Jimmy Walker

Shaka has earned his place though
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Will be a tough game. Everton are playing a little better now, and they are one of our traditional bogey teams. I hope we thrash them though, they're one team I really despise, outside of certain London teams.
Tommy-tiger

Post by Tommy-tiger »

Sound Kev wrote:3 clean sheets in a row ...

roll on Saturday .
So you'd play two very similar strikers up font eh? Zamordinho and Ashton are both flick-on, hold up play and play the ball around sort of players. Neither have the pace of Katan or Harewood, which is why Pards either players Zammo & Harewood, Harewood & Ashton. Either of these partnerships work superbly together and include the 2nd top English goal scorer in them :wink: Harewood running at people is just frightening for defenders and with Stubbs and Weir (2 old ish and slow players) Harewood can run rings around them!

Ashton and Harewood for me! Stunning partnership IMO!
Sound Kev

Post by Sound Kev »

Tommy-tiger wrote: So you'd play two very similar strikers up font eh? Zamordinho and Ashton are both flick-on, hold up play and play the ball around sort of players. Neither have the pace of Katan or Harewood, which is why Pards either players Zammo & Harewood, Harewood & Ashton. Either of these partnerships work superbly together and include the 2nd top English goal scorer in them :wink: Harewood running at people is just frightening for defenders and with Stubbs and Weir (2 old ish and slow players) Harewood can run rings around them!

Ashton and Harewood for me! Stunning partnership IMO!

agree totally with what you're saying (apart from Katan having pace?)

Harewood is clearly no.1 , and chances are it'll be him and Deano upfront on Saturday ... gotta keep an eye on the fact that we've got a hectic week starting Sat 11th though - with possibly 4 games in a very short space of time - do we need to risk Marlon for the whole of the Everton game ?

Zamora's form has been superb this season too .
Ok , he's quite similar to Ashton .. but who says they can't play together ? they need time to get to know each others runs etc . Jury's still out on that partnership .

whoever starts- we're in the enviable position of having 4 excellent-(proven!)
goalscorers in the squad ..
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

When are we playing Everton ?
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

Saturday