West Ham Utd 2 Everton 2 (04/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Ah well... 4 points off our bogey team. I'd have taken that at the start of the season :)

Plus Bolton got stuffed.
raneman
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by raneman »

First half I thought he did ok, but that was mainly because we were in the ascendency. Second half, he looked pedestrian. Anyone who can have the ball tapped past him one way and Leon Osman running the other side, doing him for pace, can't cut it pace wise. Dont' get me wrong, he's not a bad defender, but he wasn't up against Henry or even Harewood for pace. He is so slow. We need another right back I'm afraid, hopefully Glen Johnson.
Whitlin

Post by Whitlin »

Anyone watching grandsatnd. Anton having a right go at atrteta after the game. Was pointiong him down the tunnel for a fight by the looks of it
Jimjam

Post by Jimjam »

looked like a bit of afters between Anton and Arteta on BBC score a minute ago.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Whitlin wrote:Anyone watching grandsatnd. Anton having a right go at atrteta after the game. Was pointiong him down the tunnel for a fight by the looks of it
What's going on between Anton and Arteta?
dave28

Post by dave28 »

got to be one of our worse second half performances yet one thing though if scaloni gets booked replace him he seems to afraid of getting sent off does not go in for challenges (with a yellow card under his belt )
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Watching it on SSN, it is impossible to know what is going on. P Reid is such a cock.

Accoring to him we should have lost, had 2 or 3 sent off and Everton should have had a hatful of penalties....oh and they missed a load of chances.....
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1710 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Los Martillos wrote:Watching it on SSN, it is impossible to know what is going on. P Reid is such a cock.

Accoring to him we should have lost, had 2 or 3 sent off and Everton should have had a hatful of penalties....oh and they missed a load of chances.....
To be honest he isnt too far from the truth. We should have lost today, Everton controlled an hour of the game, we got battered in the 2nd half from start to finish, a team with a good strike force would have scored 3 or 4 today (Newcastle any one?)
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

As was said earlier, a nother point and more importantly a good lesson for our young team. I suspect a wake up call after all the talk of Europe.

To be honest this game had the look of a nightmare all over. No game last week disrupting our momentum, too much talk of Europe and, albeit they lost to Barcodes last week, Everton showing a modicum of form.

I'll settle for a point today.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

A point is better than none at all. Can't see us getting relegated now, and we are on a good unbeaten run. Maybe we should've won it, maybe we didn't deserve anything, but a point is a point at the end of the day. Onwards and upwards.
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Shocking defending by Scaloni today, start Daily next game if he is gonna serve that crap.

Ashton is a GUN, hope he can get fit

Etheringtons worst game in 4 months IMO

Worst second half performance this year by a mile

Dont know wat to feel, im disappointed however, shud of won IMO after being infront 2 times
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1710 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Harewood-3.16 wrote:Shocking defending by Scaloni today, start Daily next game if he is gonna serve that crap.

Dont know wat to feel, im disappointed however, shud of won IMO after being infront 2 times
Dont agree with that mate, Ethertington was quality in the first half, he was poor in the 2nd but so was everyone else.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Pards may slag the players in the dressing room

Hope all of them can learn a lesson
raneman
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by raneman »

I didn't Etherington was that bad today actually. I thought Konchesky had a very good game for a change, in front of Sven.

At least Dailly has a lot more pace than that, so not a bad shout for right back. It's worrying as we're going to get targeted big time down the right now. They'll put their paciest players on the left wing. If he's that slow, then really he's going to have to be a more 'defensive' right back as time and again he was caught on the half way line and they were free. Possibly play Newton there. He is quick, and could do a disciplined job when needed. But Scaloni needs a bit of a rocket after today.
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Ill have a go at some ratings

Shaka 7
solid enough none of the goals his fault

Scaloni 4
dreadful, outpaced, lucky not to have conceded penalties, lucky not to be sent off

Gabidon 6.5
Was on top most of the day but part of the second goal stuff up

Anton 6.5
Same as Gabidon, thought he was well on top ,but crucial error cost goal

Konch 7 Thoght he defended well, didnt provide much in attack but was solid in a second half hammering the defence took

Matty 6.5
Good First Half , and provided a little in second half

Reo Corker 5.5
Good First Half but , was well beaten in the second half

Mullins 5
Hardly sighted
and we were destroyed in the midfield

Yossi 5.5
Couple of Flashy pieces of play but again was unsighted for most of the second half

Marlon 6 Great Goal, but second half was poor, back to missing the target by 30metres

Deano 7.5 very good goal and i thought he was clearly best player on the pitch, until he went down injured and then went about 15 minutes without touching it

Bobby 6 Did little when came on

Teddy not enough time

Shaun not enough time
movieweb

Post by movieweb »

Not having seen the match, it's hard to comment on the result, but not being able to put teams away is probably a sign of our immaturity as much as anything.

Sounds like we allowed Everton to grab two points from us.

I'll be interestedt to read the reports that come in.

Come on you Irons!
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

I feel gutted we didn't win but thankful that we didn't lose. We have come to expect to win every week, unfortunately that isn't going to happen. :cry:

I have just been told it was a poor game and we dropped 2 points rather than gained one.

Now we have to concentrate on kicking arse at Bolton.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Harewood-3.16 wrote:Shocking defending by Scaloni today, start Daily next game if he is gonna serve that crap.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean ?
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Rocketron wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean ?
A gun is Aussie slang for a superstar pretty much
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Harewood-3.16 wrote: A gun is Aussie slang for a superstar pretty much
Thank you.