Bolton Wanderers 4 West Ham Utd 1 (11/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Darling

Bolton Wanderers 4 West Ham Utd 1 (11/03/06)

Post by Darling »

Sorry if this is deemed as being a touch early but i'm already anxious about next weekend's matches. A quick look at the crucial fixtures reveals the following:

Saturday, 11th March
Barclays Premiership

12:00 Birmingham - West Brom

Not in direct competion to us, but I always keep an eye out for Bruce's (hopefully) inevitable demise.

12:45 Chelsea - Tottenham

We need Chelsea to do us a favour here. I saw them play against West Brom, and they still have the ability to switch it up a few gears, score a goal or two and revert back to cruise control. I'm confident of a Chelsea win.

15:00 Bolton - West Ham

The big one. A real 'six-pointer' as they say. Bolton have the game in hand over us and two games over the other teams vying for athe last CL spot. It could evolve into a abattle for a Uefa spot, regardless, a huge game. Old Glenn did us a favour on Saturday, hopefully their confidence will be rocked after that heavy defeat. Did anybody get to see that match? How bad were they?

17:15 Blackburn - Aston Villa

The only good thing about the Spuds winning was that it was at the cost of Blackburn. Need Villa to do us a favour here.

Sunday, 12th March

16:00 Arsenal - Liverpool

Arsenal seem to be finding a bit of form at the moment just when they really need it. I would usually favour the Arse in such a fixture, but for once i'll be backing the mickey mousers.

Current league table:

1 Chelsea 28 72
2 Liverpool 28 55
3 Manchester United 26 54
4 Tottenham Hotspur 28 49
5 Arsenal 28 44
6 Blackburn Rovers 28 43
7 Bolton Wanderers 26 42
8 West Ham United 27 42
9 Manchester City 28 40
10 Wigan Athletic 27 40

Lets not forget that Manure are playing Wigan away this evening.
chevy

Post by chevy »

i will take a point now.....

0-0 ....

a loss will dent our fa cup replay chances....and our chances of overtaking bolton...
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

As we say on Saturday we can't defend for a whole game - when we last went to the Reebok we looked most likely to score by the end - I hope Matty and Yossi drop deep, pick up the ball and keep running at them... and then when they get knackkered throw katan and bobby on - I reckon Bolton, like everyone else, are kgetting a tad tired - we have to keep our pace up and attack...
noble art

Post by noble art »

it will be good mentally if we dont lose,for the fa cup game....
The Badger

Post by The Badger »

I am right in saying that since we drew there in the F A Cup match, they haven't won a game ?.....
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Lets go up there and take no Mercy and smack up Fat Sam.
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Lets hope Pardew gets whatever they were on Saturday out of there system and get back to how we have been playing.

Shaka

Scaloni Anton Gabbidon Konch

Yossi Reo Mullins Ethers

Ashton Harewood

This what i think Pards will play but i would like to see Clarke given another start thought he was brilliant at Arsenal.

But i don't think he will rest anyone as we have just had 2 weeks off.

1-1 can't see us winning at the Reebok but i couldn't see us winning at Goodison either :D
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

The Badger wrote:I am right in saying that since we drew there in the F A Cup match, they haven't won a game ?.....
Neither have we. :wink:
rolokinghydrofoil

Post by rolokinghydrofoil »

I don't think we need to worry too much about tottenham or arsenal. They will finish 4th and 5th. I really hope we can beat bolton, blackburn, man city, wigan and most dangerously now - newcastle, to 6th. These are the teams I now look at to lose. I was even glas when spurs won at the weekend.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

I'm ashamed to say I was also glad to see the Spurs win. I'm just glad it wasn't to help us out of a relegation scrap, but to help us in our chase for European footy next year.

Expect an 'as you were' team for next week, it pretty much picks itself these days, I just hope Scaloni forgets the mare he had on saturday and continues playing the way he promised in his first few matches.

Bolton losing was a good result, and hopefully one we can capitalise on. However Im not confident, Bolton are a good side, and one we invariably lose to.

1-1 draw, using my claret and blue tinted specs, although if I'm honest I think a 2-1 lose is more likely :(
Express Pete

Drinkies

Post by Express Pete »

So where can I get a beer on Saturday - having heard all sorts of rumours about not being allowed in local bars etc, need to plan with military precision (can't sit in Fat Sam's kingdom sober :wink: )
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

Cambs Iron wrote:Lets hope Pardew gets whatever they were on Saturday out of there system and get back to how we have been playing.

Shaka

Scaloni Anton Gabbidon Konch

Yossi Reo Mullins Ethers

Ashton Harewood

This what i think Pards will play but i would like to see Clarke given another start thought he was brilliant at Arsenal.

But i don't think he will rest anyone as we have just had 2 weeks off.

1-1 can't see us winning at the Reebok but i couldn't see us winning at Goodison either :D
how about highbury and villa park bet you couldnt see us winning there either......theres always hope :wink:
easthambull

Post by easthambull »

Would also like to see Clive Clarke given a go...maybe at LB so Konch can have a rest.

Psychologically v important we don't lose.
I'll take a draw but have a bad feeling with this one

Come On You Irons anyway
frankiemac

Re: Drinkies

Post by frankiemac »

Express Pete wrote:So where can I get a beer on Saturday - having heard all sorts of rumours about not being allowed in local bars etc, need to plan with military precision (can't sit in Fat Sam's kingdom sober :wink: )
i drank in a ub called greenwoods before the cup game, a few hammers in there shirted up and not a bit of bother...10 min walk to the ground...go down to the beehive, chuck a left and carry on down
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

The Badger wrote:I am right in saying that since we drew there in the F A Cup match, they haven't won a game ?.....
No your wrong I'm afraid. They beat Fulham 2-1 the following Sunday.
movieweb

Post by movieweb »

I don't think it's "psychologically important" that we don't lose. I think it's psychologically important that we don't play badly. If we play anywhere close to two halves like we did the second half against Everton then spirits will be very low.

I have a feeling we'll play well. The "Carling Cup" time off didn't serve us well, made us lose focus and intensity. Half #2 against the Toffees I think will work as a wake-up call.

Expect NRC to have a blinder. And Deano's due at least a brace.

Come on you Irons!
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

Not sure if already done but.....

By Mark Heys - March 6 2006

Bolton Wanderers are expected to be without Bruno N'Gotty and Jay-Jay Okocha over the next couple of games after both picked up injuries during Saturday's defeat at Newcastle United.
Okocha lasted just fifteen minutes of the contest at St James Park before withdrawing with a thigh injury whilst N'Gotty also made way at half time due to an ankle problem.

Both players are unlikely to feature in this weekends home match against West Ham United so Radhi Jaidi and Hidetoshi Nakata are once again expected to be called into the starting eleven.
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

Although Jay-Jay always does decent against us, I'm more delighted N'Gotty isn't playing. He's their best defender, and Jaidi is ####.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

it'll be another tough game and yet again if we're going to get any thing out of the game we'll need to roll our sleeves up for another slogging match. Reckon we could be in for another dull and uneventful score bore.
Sam West Ham
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Sam West Ham »

Bigger game than the facup ?

i think so .... then again i'd love another trip to cardiff :?

i'd settle for a win in the cup match.... and a draw in the league game.

I also think Pards should rest some of the big players... give them 45/60 mins max. keep em fresh for the cup match, but then again they all looked a bit off par on saturday...after all they have been resting for 2 weeks !

now im even more confused.... fuk it im off to bed...bored of watching manure game jammy bastards did us a favour tho