Bolton Wanderers 4 West Ham Utd 1 (11/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

I think we have some strength in depth.

In the second half it was 1-1.

In the first half we lost 3-0 as the formation was a pile of **** and anton was playing in front of the back two.

Sheringham scored but apart from that he was useless. Tinkering is never going to be a good thing if there wasn't a problem in the first place.

The fact that Dailly came on and did OK shows it wasn't the strength in depth, it was that ni the first half we ruined ourselves.

I don't think we need to build strength in depth, I think we need a better player than Mullins as our first choice defensive midfielder. He has done well for us this season, and let's not forget we are still in the top ten, so we've done excellently.

But if we want to get into Europe we need a better defensive mid. And now Pards has learnt a lesson for next season. So things are still looking up.
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

Last year I'd have had the ar*hole all the way home. But yesterday we we're dumped by a better Premier team, not made to look stupid by some CCC scalp hunters. Personally I thought apart from a few dodgy passes Ward had a good half (won most headers).

It does hurt though, when a load of northern monkeys are singing "your not very good" :oops:

Bring on Wenesday
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Longneck'd Iron wrote:Last year I'd have had the ar*hole all the way home. But yesterday we we're dumped by a better Premier team, not made to look stupid by some CCC scalp hunters. Personally I thought apart from a few dodgy passes Ward had a good half (won most headers).

It does hurt though, when a load of northern monkeys are singing "your not very good" :oops:

Bring on Wenesday
Did he, not from where I was sitting! Funny how we all see different things, I thought Konks was awful but alot on here think he had a good game. BZ was our best player IMHO
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

Funnily enough if you look at the goals, there were defensive mistakes, but all four of them were very well made and very well taken.
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

kthammer wrote:Funnily enough if you look at the goals, there were defensive mistakes, but all four of them were very well made and very well taken.
What about Shaka on the first goal? Should he have attacked the ball and punched it away? The other three goals were well-taken, IMO.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Wardy wasn't that bad...

There's huge problem between the midfield and the defence
and the midfielders created a lot of troubles to the defenders
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

wolf359 wrote: Did he, not from where I was sitting! Funny how we all see different things, I thought Konks was awful but alot on here think he had a good game. BZ was our best player IMHO
There was 7 in our car, only one thought Bobby had a good game :lol: .
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 330 likes

Post by Major »

If me aunty had a cock she would be me uncle!!

If this, if that? We lost!! Get over it

the selections were strange but the team were generally ***** in the 1st half, it was always going to happen a few times this season, like i said GET OVER IT.

The best statement on this thread is " I definatley aint watchin Match of the Day now!!"

Fuckin pissed myself, i am sure the team / club will be devastated, that one statement shows how **** this place has become since promotion.

Laughable, TWATS.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

Major wrote:If me aunty had a cock she would be me uncle!!

the selections were strange but the team were generally ***** in the 1st half, it was always going to happen a few times this season, like i said GET OVER IT.

The best statement on this thread is " I definatley aint watchin Match of the Day now!!"

Fuckin pissed myself, i am sure the team / club will be devastated, that one statement shows how **** this place has become since promotion.

Laughable, TWATS.
Typical Major post. :fence:

:lol:
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

Major wrote:If me aunty had a cock she would be me uncle!!

Laughable, TWATS.
:lol: I bet you are a lovely sight first thing in the morning. :lol:
Dwight1970
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Dwight1970 »

yabush wrote:Wardy wasn't that bad...

There's huge problem between the midfield and the defence
and the midfielders created a lot of troubles to the defenders
I agree it is in midfield that we cause ourself problems.

Of course defenders make mistakes but I see no more errors from our defenders than I see from other sides. The problem is that they get no protection from our midfielders who seem unable to stop players who break from deeper positions or win 50/50 challanges or headers. In essence having players like Matty/Yossi and with Nigel/Hayden not being the strongest our defenders probably do a lot more last ditch defending than other sides. This also means that any mistake they make is almost always a goalscoring opportunity.

When Dailly plays we look a more solid unit defensively in the middle of park but obviously at the detriment of other parts of our game.

In the absence of a world class all round midfielder, we probably have to accept that we will always struggle to beat sides like Bolton with our current personnel.
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

carnage wrote:This result will brin gall the people who c*nt the team and Pardew off out in force.

Whoever does is a ****er. :D
just out of interest was you there?

If you was there i think you would have a right to have a moan.
Romford Iron

Post by Romford Iron »

The people who went can have a moan, as they are entitled to it!!

But to be honest I thought we'd be on a fair few of these hammerings this season, and I can't believe it's taken till March for it to happen. But life goes on, it's one defeat. I feel sorry for the poor sods who went to OT when we lost 6-0!! But you take the rough with the smooth, it's all part of being a West Ham fan. I think we've certainly had a brilliant ride this past year, as if I recall we were getting twonked at the Madjeski this time last season?

I'm all for Pards trying things out, and to be honest would like to see a few youth like Epraihm etc coming off the bench. But that's my opinion.

I had 17th down as my tip, with anything else a bonus. And after a win at Arsenal and us becoming virtually safe, I'll be enjoying every game, win or lose. Ironically, just like we at the Madjeski on that day.

Heads up. We needed that defeat in a way. Brought us down to earth with a bang, and we'll be better for it. Starting Wednesday.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Dwight1970 wrote: I agree it is in midfield that we cause ourself problems.

Of course defenders make mistakes but I see no more errors from our defenders than I see from other sides. The problem is that they get no protection from our midfielders who seem unable to stop players who break from deeper positions or win 50/50 challanges or headers. In essence having players like Matty/Yossi and with Nigel/Hayden not being the strongest our defenders probably do a lot more last ditch defending than other sides. This also means that any mistake they make is almost always a goalscoring opportunity.

When Dailly plays we look a more solid unit defensively in the middle of park but obviously at the detriment of other parts of our game.

In the absence of a world class all round midfielder, we probably have to accept that we will always struggle to beat sides like Bolton with our current personnel.
Mullins was poor without Nigel,
Not really strong enough in defence...

Anton was dreaming and Newton was unsure about his own job
Matty is probably the better one...

By the way,do we really need Teddy?
I think the attack is a bit monotonous when we play him, probably we rely too much on his assist.

Can we find someone who can really play well on the right?
Newton is not good enough for me and Yossi's best position is in the middle.
Andy

Post by Andy »

although it is always hard to take a beating, especially on the back of some good results, Saturday was inevitable in some ways. All teams will generally get a tonking at some stage in the season, look at Liverpool losing 4-1 at home to Chelsea and us beating Villa 4 nil.

Talk of European football was always going to be premature IMHO, although not totally out of the question. We are only one result away from being in the bottom half of the league at present, despite having done fantastically well so far.

I do agree with some points that it shows that we havent got great strength in depth however; we arent in a position to change our winning combination by that much before we are putting players in who arent quite up to the challenge. Hopefully the board will look at the peripheral players and give Pards some money to bring in better quality across the whole team in the summer.

In the meantime, I'm not going to sweat it too much. I would really like to get a result against the horrible fat northern monkey b*stard JUST ONCE. Looking forward to Wednesday and the rest of this brilliant season. :crest:
Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Post by Trifecta »

Andy wrote:In the meantime, I'm not going to sweat it too much. I would really like to get a result against the horrible fat northern monkey b*stard JUST ONCE. Looking forward to Wednesday and the rest of this brilliant season. :crest:
Just read this thread through.

Two things spring to mind, firstly that I love Major :oops: and secondly that Andy is wrong. The cup match would be nice but next weekend and getting H relegated is far more important. 8-)
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

Trifecta wrote:Just read this thread through.

Two things spring to mind, firstly that I love Major :oops: and secondly that Andy is wrong. The cup match would be nice but next weekend and getting H relegated is far more important. 8-)
CD will be in tears if that happens :lol:
Andy

Post by Andy »

Trifecta wrote: Just read this thread through.

what? you wouldnt like to turn over that miserable fat chopped northern ****er just once out of 5 games this season? :twisted:
GreenWitch Hammer

Post by GreenWitch Hammer »

I don't know if it's been mentioned before as I don't have time to read through all the pages on this thread but for me Pards' mistake has been to approach these games with Bolton as almost as a two-legged affair rather than two individual games with different merits.
He's approached this game with a mind-set of not giving anything anyway before the cup game. Hold our 3 most creative and likely sources of goals back and set up with a formation to not concede. I feel he'd settled for a 0-0 before the game even began with the plan of then going into the cup game with fresh legs, fresh ideas and an attacking philosophy.
Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing but to almost throw one game away in favour of another when nothing is yet guaranteed is wrong.
As so many others have written though, this season is beyond all wildest expectations and i'm certainly not about to start ****ing the bloke off for one mistake that he'll hopefully learn from.
Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Post by Trifecta »

Andy wrote:what? you wouldnt like to turn over that miserable fat chopped northern ****er just once out of 5 games this season? :twisted:

Nowhere near as sweet as six points against Portsmouth mate :D Not even close, not even in the same league, or cup, for that matter.

Do you really want to see H on the telly on Saturday night giving it the "three points closer to safety, for sure, but we have been down to the bare bones and bounced back, for sure, Sandra is in for a good night, for sure" ?

'coz I do not.